Photo
- - - - -

Rivera talks minority hiring and Cam Newton (Florio criticizes)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

you do realize parts of the media are black don't you?

shhhhhh.....

#38 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

That lips-less prick meant his skin color. It's the same as the statement "how many running QB ever won a superbowl?". White racists just use description instead of the actual term black. Here is another example, what do you think they mean when they say "team A needs more speed in the backfield" or "Notre Dame needs to recruit more speed to be able to compete with SEC teams"? In a more honest and less racist society they could have just say black players. Sorry to say, but white people have difficulty communicating or getting along with other races. Which is kind of sad.

duuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeeeee............

#39 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

That lips-less prick meant his skin color. It's the same as the statement "how many running QB ever won a superbowl?". White racists just use description instead of the actual term black. Here is another example, what do you think they mean when they say "team A needs more speed in the backfield" or "Notre Dame needs to recruit more speed to be able to compete with SEC teams"? In a more honest and less racist society they could have just say black players. Sorry to say, but white people have difficulty communicating or getting along with other races. Which is kind of sad.

Posted Image

#40 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

whats funny is that mr. scot started this thread without realizing what kind of racial poo thread this would turn into.

#41 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

you do realize parts of the media are black don't you?

But their employers are white. So they go with the flow. Towels are not that sacred to black people, I doubt they would care how someone use them. Lol

Cam was lucky he didn't blow his nose with that thing, he'd probably be in death row right now. whewww! That was close!

#42 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

lol the overreacting.

you might need therapy.

#43 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lol BB

How does making a rule enforcing race to be a factor help make race not a factor?

Cam's race...don't really care about, don't care about arguments about it either. Doesn't matter to me enough.

The rooney rule and afirmative action = a joke and counter productive IME. Not because racism doesn't exist, or that it needs a solution but because fighting racism with racism is just going to stir more hate and does not contribute to giving the most qualified person the job.

The problem is you cannot force people who are already racist to change. If people are racist and have racist agendas, a law or rule is not going to stop them. Educating future generations is the goal and solution, poeple don't like that thought because it isn't an instant solution like a law or rule 'is'. You cannot fight racism with racism. Getting racism out of society IS A PROCESS. It is something to work for, strive towards not something you just 'fix' or 'force', especially in the south.

Force a racist to interview a minority and you really think they'll all of a sudden change their ways and realize their faults? Not likely. But if anything I believe these rules are just masks over a problem that simply has no short-term solution. It's a mask that says "hey look we have a rule so we can't racist/hiring certain races!" Needless to say I am AGAINST minority hiring/interviewing on the basis of being a minority.

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

i don't think it was a consideration.

what i'm wondering is how much rivera thought it should be since he found it disheartening that no minorities were hired for HC jobs. if he thought it was a big enough deal then maybe he should have hired hue to be his OC, unless OC doesn't count. guy was certainly qualified enough.

Your point is germaine. When they looked at the staffs of teams with minority head coaaches the coordinators were overwhelmingly white. Unless gingers are a minority Rivera is following the trend with 2 white coordinators. If minorities don't hire minorities themselves then how can they bitch.

#45 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

whats funny is that mr. scot started this thread without realizing what kind of racial poo thread this would turn into.

Stop pretending we're all living is this nice magical bubble universe called sports where race doesn't matter. This is no a homogeneous country. This a society where minority get screwed for the happy well-being of the majority. Pretending that's not the case is a disservice in itself. This is a world where Cam get shitted on for putting a towel on his head and great humorous articles are written about Cutler's grumpiness after showing off his teammates.

#46 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Stop pretending we're all living is this nice magical bubble universe called sports where race doesn't matter. This is no a homogeneous country. This a society where minority get screwed for the happy well-being of the majority. Pretending that's not the case is a disservice in itself. This is a world where Cam get shitted on for putting a towel on his head and great humorous articles are written about Cutler's grumpiness after showing off his teammates.

#47 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Lol BB

How does making a rule enforcing race to be a factor help make race not a factor?

Cam's race...don't really care about, don't care about arguments about it either. Doesn't matter to me enough.

The rooney rule and afirmative action = a joke and counter productive IME. Not because racism doesn't exist, or that it needs a solution but because fighting racism with racism is just going to stir more hate and does not contribute to giving the most qualified person the job.

The problem is you cannot force people who are already racist to change. If people are racist and have racist agendas, a law or rule is not going to stop them. Educating future generations is the goal and solution, poeple don't like that thought because it isn't an instant solution like a law or rule 'is'. You cannot fight racism with racism. Getting racism out of society IS A PROCESS. It is something to work for, strive towards not something you just 'fix' or 'force', especially in the south.

Force a racist to interview a minority and you really think they'll all of a sudden change their ways and realize their faults? Not likely. But if anything I believe these rules are just masks over a problem that simply has no short-term solution. It's a mask that says "hey look we have a rule so we can't racist/hiring certain races!" Needless to say I am AGAINST minority hiring/interviewing on the basis of being a minority.

Nobody have time to wait generations. That's total crap. It all boils down to the players. They have more power than you think. The league is about 70% black. if they all start talking the league will have no option but to react. The NBA was the same way at some point until players like Barkley started talking. In the business of sports the players are the commodity. The owners don't have a physical ownership of anything but contracts of great athletes and the revenue they generate. Unhappy players, unhappy league. Though, it seams so far the players are content. All the power to them.

#48 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPXrLWm7fE

stood corrected. You're white and happy, why would you have time for meaningless issues like black exclusion. And of course, with more 'speed' in the backfield the panther can make the playoffs, right?