Photo
- - - - -

US government seeks to rein in executive pay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

I'm sorry but did the words "I think" escape from your lips?

boo... you can do better.. I've seen it..

#38 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

Like that would ever happen ...

Business groups are daring President Barack Obama to impose pay caps on labor union bosses in light of indications the White House will limit how much corporate executives can be paid.

President Obama has argued “corporate greed” has contributed to the economic crisis and appointed a “compensation czar” to review executive pay for several companies receiving taxpayer bailout money Wednesday. Now White House officials have told the press legislation should be enacted to limit executive pay in private companies through nonbinding shareholders votes.

http://www.washingto...pay-for-unions/

#39 Fireball77

Fireball77

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

IMO, if the CEO is doing a good job, he deserves to get a lot of money. If he does a bad job, he deserves nothing. I agree that shareholder's should hold more influence. Problem is that most shareholders are board members, senior execs, or institutions.

True. I vote my shares most of the time by proxy vote, but that basically amounts to pissing up a rope.

#40 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

True. I vote my shares most of the time by proxy vote, but that basically amounts to pissing up a rope.

That's not so difficult for us guys.

#41 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

pay will be restricted to what all others in the same position will receive but they will have three company homes, jet access, the free child day care will be extended through graduate school for their kids, a handful of luxury cars will be at their disposal and full benefits and pension will last a lifetime no matter how good they do at the helm.

so they want it more like an elected official structure.

#42 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

The Congress is jealous of the corporate pay. Once they complete the take over of the banks and auto industry they will take over the medical industry. It 'll be like going to the fucin post office. Imagine your doctor laughing at you and telling you to get fuced. "So fire me. If you don't like it go someplace else." What a mess for the next congress to clean up. That's if we ever get to vote again.

#43 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I think we should all do it more... the world would be a better place...

Oh we will.

#44 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

In the past week, we've seen the NC government cannot even REIGN in salaries paid to higher-ups at NC State and Mrs. Easley.

I say that government should start capping gov salaries. $100k sound good?

Congress needs to pay some of their pay raises in the last 10 years back to the taxpayer.They should only raise it every time the min wage goes up and only raise it the same %increase as the increase in the min wage!

#45 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

The Congress is jealous of the corporate pay. Once they complete the take over of the banks and auto industry they will take over the medical industry. It 'll be like going to the fucin post office. Imagine your doctor laughing at you and telling you to get fuced. "So fire me. If you don't like it go someplace else." What a mess for the next congress to clean up. That's if we ever get to vote again.

I don't like a gov't top heavy beauracrap run health care,but our current system sucks too(health insurance co's dropping patients if they get cancer).There needs to be some model that works.I think I heard about Germany being a hybrid of Gov't and private run health insurance,if anybody knows more type in!

#46 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

I don't like a gov't top heavy beauracrap run health care,but our current system sucks too(health insurance co's dropping patients if they get cancer).There needs to be some model that works.I think I heard about Germany being a hybrid of Gov't and private run health insurance,if anybody knows more type in!

What problems have you had with the present system?

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

As long as it is "the other guy" that gets his salary controlled, nobody cares.

Until they regulate yours. By then too late.

Am skeered.

You probably should be.

Combine this with all the talk about "health care reform", and it's a safe bet that somewhere in the process, someone is going to turn an eye toward how much money those "greedy bastards" who work in the profession are making.