Photo
- - - - -

Tavarres King-Wr-Georgia

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

@KMAN72

yeah i rather have a 1st round talent too but i think this is the best panthers will pick up due to o/dline/backs needs.

if panthers had a competent GM they could have been found a lower round WR that could make an impact like ty hilton, cecil shorts, emanuel sanders,eric decker, mike williams, jimmy graham, antonio brown, and mike wallace.

lol at the steelers drafting ALL their WR in LATE rounds. sanders was 3rd,,,,,WALLACE was a 4th......brown was a 6th....panthers need that kind of GM. lol

currently half of the panther fans would kill themselves for wallace, who is probably the most sought after wr free agent, this year.

what im trying to say is its all about scouting talent correctly to know which will translate to the next level and the ones who will not.

#17 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

King is a good player, has the potential to be a team's #1. He's fast, can get open, etc. It's going to take him a while to adjust to the NFL game.

He compares heavily to a very raw, unpolished Davone Bess. If he's there in the 4th round, there's not going to be a better option.

#18 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Eventually I want the Panthers to draft a 6'4" jump ball receiver with good body control and hands. To me that fits Cam's skillset the best. That gives us the threat of the pass in the redzone. If you're gonna be short you better be a late round pick beast which this guy could be. Speed is great, the NFL is built on speed. But you need a guy that will work on everything, hands, body control, routes, Steve wasn't great because he was explosive. Steve was great because he took everything to the next level. He became physical, worked on his hands, adjustments in the air, and blocking. It's not easy to draft a Steve Smith. Lot's of guys are fast but do they want to get physical the way Steve did?

#19 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Eventually I want the Panthers to draft a 6'4" jump ball receiver with good body control and hands. To me that fits Cam's skillset the best. That gives us the threat of the pass in the redzone. If you're gonna be short you better be a late round pick beast which this guy could be. Speed is great, the NFL is built on speed. But you need a guy that will work on everything, hands, body control, routes, Steve wasn't great because he was explosive. Steve was great because he took everything to the next level. He became physical, worked on his hands, adjustments in the air, and blocking. It's not easy to draft a Steve Smith. Lot's of guys are fast but do they want to get physical the way Steve did?

You just described Hunter.

#20 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

oh yeah no doubt. ive said before that newton needed a big target. but unless you go after a wr in 1st or 2nd round you wont be getting a tall guy like that.

the only thing they could get like that is tight end in later rounds..which would not be all bad since newton did decent with those two UM te's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.