Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayzor

rivera says things are on track to be under cap and hints at FA

63 posts in this topic

cap is based straight up on revenue from the previous season, so basically revenue wasn't what they expected it to be

the new tv deals were supposed to bring in a lot more cash. my question is why didn't it?

Still need a NT... Canty and Dwan would have to rotate since they're both UT. Draft Jesse Williams and the DLine will be solid (once we release Fua)!

I don't like agreeing with you, but you're right I'd love to have J. Williams with the 14th pick, I could see us taking Vacarro as well since he's compared to Eric Weddle (If we do take him I'm gonna have to learn how to pronounce that -_-)

im taking Vacarro at the 14th pick over jesse williams all day everyday. to easy

im taking Vacarro at the 14th pick over jesse williams all day everyday. to easy

Ehhh I feel he's kind of overrated but I have faith in the front staff so whoever they take I'll be behind it

Ehhh I feel he's kind of overrated but I have faith in the front staff so whoever they take I'll be behind it

still the best saftey in the draft class by far. williams is 3rd or 4th best dl.

still the best saftey in the draft class by far. williams is 3rd or 4th best dl.

But what if Williams is the better player? I just don't see how that logic works. You would take the best safety over a player who would make a better impact and would play better? Not saying Jesse Williams would but I just don't get the logic

the new tv deals were supposed to bring in a lot more cash. my question is why didn't it?

The new tv deals don't start up until 2015 if I'm not mistaken.

The new tv deals don't start up until 2015 if I'm not mistaken.

I thought it was 2014!? But you may be right. I knew it hadn't took affect yet.

I'm just happy were actually looking at FAs to improve the team. Hopefully this can calm all the people down who freak out about the cap year after year.. (Looking at you Pat Y)

correct. If you look at the pinned thread it tells you how much each player would save us. For instance Ron Edwards being cut would save another 2.5 million.

All we have to do it be under the cap by march 12th when free agency starts. We can then go over it again but we'll have to be under the cap again by the time we cut down to 53.

You can't ever go over the cap once free agency starts. You can sign up to 80 players for training camp with the top 53 counting toward the cap but the total of your top 53 guys must always be under the cap.

I imagine that the TV deals are written up, that the amount paid out is parallel to ratings, so say ratings amount of X=Z in amount paid to the NFL. especially when you are dealing with that much money over a long period of time the TV networks want to protect themselves as much as the NFL wants to get paid.

And Ratings were down 2% this year for the NFL

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/december/nfl-ratings-are-very-slightly-down-overall.html