63 replies to this topic

#61 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

the new tv deals were supposed to bring in a lot more cash. my question is why didn't it?

I imagine that the TV deals are written up, that the amount paid out is parallel to ratings, so say ratings amount of X=Z in amount paid to the NFL. especially when you are dealing with that much money over a long period of time the TV networks want to protect themselves as much as the NFL wants to get paid.

And Ratings were down 2% this year for the NFL

http://www.awfulanno...wn-overall.html

#62 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,476 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

the new tv deals were supposed to bring in a lot more cash. my question is why didn't it?

You have a lot of very clever owners like JR who like their money.
The salary cap relates to what the players are paid via a manipulated formula, not necessarily what the owners pocket.
I mean want stadium renovations?
Tax every plate of wings and beers sold in Charlotte, no problem!

#63 SparkyDevil

SparkyDevil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I feel like we could survive with Kenny Phillips and Quinton Jammer at SS and CB for one season, given the depth we have now (we'd have to pick up another safety with a late round pick or keep Nakamura). That would allow us to focus on DT/RG/RT/WR in the draft.

#64 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

But what if Williams is the better player? I just don't see how that logic works. You would take the best safety over a player who would make a better impact and would play better? Not saying Jesse Williams would but I just don't get the logic

if i thought williams would be a better player i would take him at 14, but i dont, that's my logic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.