Photo
- - - - -

Washington state liberals (democrats) want to stop by and inspect your house from time to time. Evil gun search

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

You do realize that the second amendment is not for hunting right?

It is for self defense and to defend against tyranny.,

Yes, back when the government and you had the same weapons (muskets). Don't kid yourself, if the chiefs gave the order to military to wipe out entire towns, they would do it and there is nothing you can do about it. No one is taking away you right to defend yourself. A shotgun will do more damage in closed quarters than AR. A 45 will be even easier to handle in that situation.

I owned few weapons during my service. AR just made me feel like a dick who could only meet other assholes at the range because there was no other use for it. Plus, everyone just gets drunk and next thing you know the rifle is out and being passed around like it was a toy.

#62 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

And Newtown completely pushed my views into that direction for good.

#63 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'm going to help you out here.

In 2011 there were a total of 12,664 murders in the US total.

In 2011 there were 8,583 murders committed in the US using guns.

323 were killed using rifle fire.

How many were your "assault rifles" responsible for out of that number, we don't know, so I will just go ahead and say ALL, just for arguments sake.

That means that a maximum of 0.0255 % of all murders that happened in the US came out of the barrel of an "assault type weapon".

And 0.037 % of all gun related murders came out of the barrel of the same "assault weapons".

YUP, we have a winner everyone. These guns are killing everyone in sight, there is no way that we will survive if these guns are still able to be sold to civilians.

One of the dumber arguments I have heard from the left in a while.

Hey guyz. It is cool "only" 323 people were killed with "assault type weapons". We could help save possibly 323 people a year from senseless dying by banning them, but since it is such a small % of the ridiculously high number of gun murders in the US we should just say fug those 323 families and not worry about it.

The thing is that 323 people is 100% too many even if it is 0.037% of the incredibly high number of gun murders in this country. And we can do something about it because assault type weapons have no use except as a form of toy and/or to kill people.

And since most people have forgotten the spirit of the second amendment and the reasons for it, I have some questions for you guys. Since the purposes of the 2nd amendment has been perverted by the gun lobbyists, but we (I guess) agree that we need "well regulated militias" to still defend our free and autonomic states.

Who is your commanding officer if you are called into action as a militia? Where do you report to? What is the chain of command? What are the rules of engagement?

Getting back to the OP and the question it poses. 'Well regulated" means that there are rules and regulations that you have to abide by in order to be considered a "well regulated" militia and therefore be armed. That might mean audits of weaponry and ammunitions. That is what many military entities have to do, Why not gun owners who are protected under the 2nd amendment as a "well regulated militia"?

#64 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

You do realize that the second amendment is not for hunting right?

It is for self defense and to defend against tyranny.,

You do realize that the 2nd amendment is not about personal self defense right?

It is about free and autonomic States being able to protect their government and defend its borders from Indians or invaders.

The need for the 2nd amendment vanished with the Civil War when the federal government established a standing US Army instead of allowing states to regulate their own armies and militias that could be commissioned by their governors or the president if need be.

At the fall of the Confederacy and the federal government effectively seizing control of all the states, the 2nd amendment became obsolete.

We already lost to the tyrannical government and technically we are still under their occupation.

#65 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hey guyz. It is cool "only" 323 people were killed with "assault type weapons". We could help save possibly 323 people a year from senseless dying by banning them, but since it is such a small % of the ridiculously high number of gun murders in the US we should just say fug those 323 families and not worry about it.

The thing is that 323 people is 100% too many even if it is 0.037% of the incredibly high number of gun murders in this country. And we can do something about it because assault type weapons have no use except as a form of toy and/or to kill people.

And since most people have forgotten the spirit of the second amendment and the reasons for it, I have some questions for you guys. Since the purposes of the 2nd amendment has been perverted by the gun lobbyists, but we (I guess) agree that we need "well regulated militias" to still defend our free and autonomic states.

Who is your commanding officer if you are called into action as a militia? Where do you report to? What is the chain of command? What are the rules of engagement?

Getting back to the OP and the question it poses. 'Well regulated" means that there are rules and regulations that you have to abide by in order to be considered a "well regulated" militia and therefore be armed. That might mean audits of weaponry and ammunitions. That is what many military entities have to do, Why not gun owners who are protected under the 2nd amendment as a "well regulated militia"?

Hey teeray....do you think that the 323...and that is not all "assault" style rifle deaths, that is all rifle deaths, will go away with the banning of the "assault" style weapons?

Honest question, do you think that the number will decrease?

Do you know the difference between my AR 15 and the Winchester .308 hunting rifle that my father gave me is? Do you really think that I couldn't kill a person with either?

Fact is you don't know what you are talking about, very few do.

This is just a way to make people feel better, not actually stopping gun violence. We both know that.

#66 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

They, gun control advocates, are coming from a position of ability to fire many rounds within a short amount of time. You had someone arguing that you can fire 3-10 rds per second from a semi-AR15. Three maybe with limited control, but 10? Some are just arguing from a position of ignorance. I can assure you that at close range a 00-buckshot round would have cleared a wedge of people such as they were in Newtown. The .223 round was originally chosen by the military as a lower calibre round by the military because of its accuracy and it's ability to return to firing accuracy position relatively fast compared to the .308 AKA NATO 7.62 round. The .223 was also selected because it's ability to "roll" once it contacted the enemy combatant. Not so much made for destruction but more for injuring/maiming forcing the enemy to use resources to aid the wounded. When that's round put into a situation where it's fired upon 30-80lb children...the result is catastrophic. Just as the 00 buckshot round would.

Arguing whether the AR15 is needed by the populace or not is exactly what gun control advocates want. That's really not the problem and why statistics are brought up regarding % of death by assault weapons. As a society, we've put so much emphasis of self importance and a desire to be known/made famous, that people will do just about anything to get that moment of fame. Be it good or bad. Hell, entertainment PR firms will tell you that sometimes bad news is just as good as good news...because people are talking about you.

I'm not smart enough to figure out exactly what it's going to take to "fix" mental illness. I think we attribute too much to mental illness at times when "he/she was just an evil/mean POS" works just as well. Some people are just mean. Some people don't think life is worth crap. Destruction of familial units and deemphasis on what's right/wrong, while attempting to explain away someone's inabilities to factors that they'll never be able to change. That gives them zero hope if they're constantly told they aren't responsible for their actions. Everyone on this damned planet is part of a team. You can choose to be a contributing part of that team to make it better for others that really truly need help, or you can choose to be part of the problem and hope some sucker really believes you need the help.

#67 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Mental illness is a worldwide epidemic. It is a leading cause of homelessness and unemployment worldwide.

The dollar per patient average for research is an injustice. There is no money to be made off of them so no one wants to invest in them.
These are people who truly cannot help themselves and no one is helping them, giving them a bowl of soup or a coat is a kind gesture but isn't scratching the surface of one of the world's biggest problems.

The vast majority of them are not violent but unfortunately some are and there is no one to blame for their actions

#68 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Mental Illness???? I'd rather give my money to Jerry Richardson ~ Huddle Repubs

#69 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

suggesting that the govt is the answer? sorry but we need the best and the brightest on this one

pharm giants (who can afford to hire the world's leading researchers) pour money into boner pill and fat pill research and ignore these struggling people need to be exposed for not being the humanitarians they promote themselves to be

#70 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

If there is no money in it then you are not going to get pharm giants to even care about it.

gov't can allocate funding

#71 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hey teeray....do you think that the 323...and that is not all "assault" style rifle deaths, that is all rifle deaths, will go away with the banning of the "assault" style weapons?

Honest question, do you think that the number will decrease?

Do you know the difference between my AR 15 and the Winchester .308 hunting rifle that my father gave me is? Do you really think that I couldn't kill a person with either?

Fact is you don't know what you are talking about, very few do.

This is just a way to make people feel better, not actually stopping gun violence. We both know that.

It is a way to do things that are doable and needed. Unless you want an outright ban on all guns you aren't going to stop gun violence.

The issue is, what are these weapons purpose and why do they need to be in circulation.

You seem to think that status quo is acceptable because we can't stop it entirely. People also commit rape even though it is illegal. Should we just legalize it because we can't stop it completely??

Hand guns are the main culprit in gun deaths, but they are also popularly used for self protection. Hunting rifles are used for hunting.

Assault weapons are used for assaults and as toys. They have no other ideal functionality.

And I am sorry if you think I don't know what I am talking about. However, in response to your dismissive question it should be pointed out that an AR-15 is a type of rifle and the Winchester .308 is a type of ammunition.

Without you giving more information than "the rifle my dad gave me", or for that matter which type of AR-15 you are referring too, no one could tell you the difference.

I do have to say however, that it is not comforting that the people "in the know" don't know the difference between a type of cartridge and a type of rifle.

#72 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

not nearly enough to even scratch the surface, this one of the biggest problems in the world and it is ignored by the entire world

pressure from the public is powerful no energy/oil company gave rats ass about clean/alt energy until the people spoke up

#73 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

It is amazing that the most powerful and wealthy nation in the world has a higher level of mental illness than any other industrialized nation in the world.

We are just a bunch of mentally challenged people with a desensitization to violence.

So lets get more guns out there to us mentally challenged and trigger happy society!!!!!!!

#74 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

World Health Organization says mental illness is fairly evenly distributed globally

#75 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

World Health Organization says mental illness is fairly evenly distributed globally

That can't be true. The NRA and gun lobbyists have made it clear that the reason our gun deaths are astronomical is because of mental health and video games. NOT access to guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com