Photo
- - - - -

Washington state liberals (democrats) want to stop by and inspect your house from time to time. Evil gun search

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

You guys can't compare the rest of the world to America. That has been established here.

Only the Philippines and the US.

#77 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

suggesting that the govt is the answer? sorry but we need the best and the brightest on this one

pharm giants (who can afford to hire the world's leading researchers) pour money into boner pill and fat pill research and ignore these struggling people need to be exposed for not being the humanitarians they promote themselves to be

there's a shiatload of money to be made in mental illness... most of these kids were already on meds, or had been at one time or another. i dunno if they need too much more help from big pharma... i agree mental illness is an issue but i don't know if the solution is more drugs.

#78 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

That can't be true. The NRA and gun lobbyists have made it clear that the reason our gun deaths are astronomical is because of mental health and video games. NOT access to guns.

I'm not trying to get in the way of you making this a partisan political issue, just stating facts

#79 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

there's a shiatload of money to be made in mental illness... most of these kids were already on meds, or had been at one time or another. i dunno if they need too much more help from big pharma... i agree mental illness is an issue but i don't know if the solution is more drugs.

I have never once mentioned drugs as an answer, we know so little about mental illness, we can't even begin to approach an "answer". I have only said that the research for this issue, that is crippling the world, is tremendously underfunded. The dollar per patient averages prove this

and no there really isn't a lot of money in helping unemployed and homeless people, most are uninsured and because of their condition they do not even know they are suffering

#80 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have never once mentioned drugs as an answer, we know so little about mental illness, we can't even begin to approach an "answer". I have only said that the research for this issue, that is crippling the world, is tremendously underfunded. The dollar per patient averages prove this

and no there really isn't a lot of money in helping unemployed and homeless people, most are uninsured and because of their condition they do not even know they are suffering

i know you didn't say it was the answer, but you must understand that drugs are the easiest and only quantifiable solution...i understand it's underfunded... but there are HUGE amounts of money being made on mental illness, to the point that many argue that people are over-prescribed... the fact that the homeless arent being helped is simply an indictment of our health-care structure. Any drug-oriented solution will necessitate mandatory medication... are we willing to have the state force medications on people? even the homeless? We do it in NYC... and it has helped... but is it right?

#81 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

It is a way to do things that are doable and needed. Unless you want an outright ban on all guns you aren't going to stop gun violence.

The issue is, what are these weapons purpose and why do they need to be in circulation.

You seem to think that status quo is acceptable because we can't stop it entirely. People also commit rape even though it is illegal. Should we just legalize it because we can't stop it completely??

Hand guns are the main culprit in gun deaths, but they are also popularly used for self protection. Hunting rifles are used for hunting.

Assault weapons are used for assaults and as toys. They have no other ideal functionality.

And I am sorry if you think I don't know what I am talking about. However, in response to your dismissive question it should be pointed out that an AR-15 is a type of rifle and the Winchester .308 is a type of ammunition.

Without you giving more information than "the rifle my dad gave me", or for that matter which type of AR-15 you are referring too, no one could tell you the difference.

I do have to say however, that it is not comforting that the people "in the know" don't know the difference between a type of cartridge and a type of rifle.

To the first point, and I will ask again, why can the "assault rifles" only be used for assaulting and toys? Why can't they be used for sport, and security?

To the second point, below is a rifle very similar to the one that my father gave me. He used it all through his 20's and 30's. I have owned it for about 20 years.

Looks harmless....compared to those big bad AR's doesn't it?

Posted Image

#82 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

It is amazing how hard some of you guys try to act like status quo is cool or just the price of freedom.

Amazing stat to me. There will be more gun murders in the U.S. this year there there were coalition (US, UK, AUS, etc.) casualties in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.......... combined.

12 years of perpetual war, 8,061 deaths amongst the entire coalition. Gun murders in the US last year 8,583.

If you say we average around 8,000 gun related murders a year and stretch that for the 12 years we have been in war, that is US citizen gun murders 96,000. War zone deaths for all coalition forces- 8,061.

It is unbelievable to me that so many are cool with that just so they can keep their toys.

#83 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

To the first point, and I will ask again, why can the "assault rifles" only be used for assaulting and toys? Why can't they be used for sport, and security?

To the second point, below is a rifle very similar to the one that my father gave me. He used it all through his 20's and 30's. I have owned it for about 20 years.

Looks harmless....compared to those big bad AR's doesn't it?

Posted Image

No. It looks like it could kill a person, so harmless is not the word I would use to describe it.

#84 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

No. It looks like it could kill a person, so harmless is not the word I would use to describe it.

What do you think that the major difference is, and how do you feel about the rules governing the differences?

That is where us "gun nuts" get nervous.

As for the gun violence, there is not a good answer, but IMO the answer is not take away the guns that contribute to hardly any of the violence.

Come up with a better plan.

#85 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

P.S. you didn't answer the questions.

#86 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

i know you didn't say it was the answer, but you must understand that drugs are the easiest and only quantifiable solution...i understand it's underfunded... but there are HUGE amounts of money being made on mental illness, to the point that many argue that people are over-prescribed... the fact that the homeless arent being helped is simply an indictment of our health-care structure. Any drug-oriented solution will necessitate mandatory medication... are we willing to have the state force medications on people? even the homeless? We do it in NYC... and it has helped... but is it right?

You need to go back and reread what I posted, I have only talked about mental illness on a global scale, it isnt just this country, every healthcare system on the planet has failed these people

you are wrong good sir there is way more money to be made in weight loss, boners, cancer treatment, hair loss and removal, diabeetus, vision correction etc....the proof is in the pudding, it is underfunded to the tune of 100:1(in some countries greater, but a lot don't disclose) for a reason, when a large portion of your target market is dead broke what makes you think there is money to be made?

these are excellent questions and we struggle to answer them because we know so little

#87 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

You need to go back and reread what I posted, I have only talked about mental illness on a global scale, it isnt just this country, every healthcare system on the planet has failed these people

you are wrong good sir there is way more money to be made in weight loss, boners, cancer treatment, hair loss and removal, diabeetus, vision correction etc....the proof is in the pudding, it is underfunded to the tune of 100:1(in some countries greater, but a lot don't disclose) for a reason, when a large portion of your target market is dead broke what makes you think there is money to be made?

these are excellent questions and we struggle to answer them because we know so little

psych meds were a 76 billion dollar industry last year.

#88 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

What do you think that the major difference is, and how do you feel about the rules governing the differences?

That is where us "gun nuts" get nervous.

As for the gun violence, there is not a good answer, but IMO the answer is not take away the guns that contribute to hardly any of the violence.

Come up with a better plan.

Well I can't see the picture that well. Is that a Winchester Model 78? If so that has a bolt action I think. Also there is no clip in the picture. The standard magazine clip for those rifles is generally 10. The current idea is to ban clips of over 10 rounds so I don't think that would be in any trouble as long as you don't purchase a clip of over 10 rounds for it. I also don't think it can run off three shot bursts.

Also generally speaking, aren't rifles that use a Remington .308 cartridge usually considered to be more of a sniper rifle than an assault rifle?

Right now there isn't a better plan that is doable and has wide support. I think must of us would like to see a ban or severe regulatory tightening on certain type of handguns as well. But that isn't going to happen because handguns are also the most popular gun for self defense.

The plan that has been put in place is not a magic bullet (no pun intended), but it is common sense things that put us in a better direction even if it is far away from being significant enough.

#89 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Can the backpack get cleanly through, say, a door going up into a bell tower?

That is the most retarded thing I have heard lately.

#90 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

psych meds were a 76 billion dollar industry last year.

huh, i have never seen a number approaching that, i havent seen any 2012 numbers yet didnt know they were available

link?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com