#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

http://fox2now.com/2...-knockout-game/

ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – The teenager shot and killed by a homeowner while allegedly breaking into the man’s house had been in the news before. In fact, FOX2 has learned, he was once charged in the case that made the phrase “knockout game” common in St. Louis.
Demetrius Murphy, 15, died Friday morning after he and another teen, Michael Bryant, allegedly tried to break into a man’s home on Tennessee. Police say the homeowner emerged with a gun. Bryant ran, but they say Murphy confronted him and was shot and killed.
When it happened, the ears of Matt Quain perked up. It was back in 2011 that Quain and a friend were walking along Grand, returning from a “beer run” to Schnucks, when they say a group of teens jumped them. Quain was beaten badly, suffering neck injuries and a broken jaw. He was discovered bleeding in the street by Mayor Francis Slay and his security guard.
Murphy, just thirteen at the time, was the one identified by Quain as his attacker. Sources tell Fox 2 that Murphy was headed to trial in the “knockout game” case, but a young witness suddenly refused to testify, forcing the charges to be dropped.

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,702 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

tragic

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

The Homeowner did the right thing, but killing a person (even a young person who is clearly a threat to society) is never an easy thing to deal with. Unless the homeowner is a little Psycho himself, he will likely suffer a great deal of guilt over this.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Life is a precious thing and taking someone's should never be taken lightly. That being said...St Louis is probably a safer place with that douchebag no longer around.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Life is precious to g5.

White life, at least.

#6 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well if he had not been breaking in to anther mans home he would still be alive.... ^

Legally he forfeited his right to live when he did so.

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Legally he forfeited his right to live when he did so.

Umm....no.

#8 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Umm....no.

Was the homeowner charged? Nope?

Thought so.

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I dont think he's the real superman.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

One thing the Tinderbox has really driven home for me: Moral superiority is easier when you're a bag of hammers.

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Was the homeowner charged? Nope?

Thought so.

Just because he was shot and killed and the shooter wasn't charged, does not mean that he "legally forfeited his right to live". Surely you understand why?

#12 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Just because he was shot and killed and the shooter wasn't charged, does not mean that he "legally forfeited his right to live". Surely you understand why?

Actions have consequences if this kid had been at home in bed were he should have been he would be alive.....

I blame his parents he was clearly lacked any kind of upbringing and was on the wrong path prior to this.

I should also note that the Castle doctrine that is the law in this state allows home owners to use deadly force to defend there home and property by atemping to break in the house he allowed himself to be subject to the repercussions.

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I should also note that the Castle doctrine that is the law in this state allows home owners to use deadly force to defend there home and property by atemping to break in the house he allowed himself to be subject to the repercussions.

Exhibit A

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

tragic

Always is when someone this young dies.

But let's be real. This guy put himself in this situation. He was killed in the process of willfully committing a felony as well as potentially a violent crime (something which he had a history of).

He's not exactly an innocent victim.

I wouldn't frame it as "forfeiting the right to live" but he did indeed knowingly and willingly put himself into a situation that endangered his life; and yeah, that's his own fault.

Per the story, under Missouri law his accomplice will actually be the one charged with murder.

Missouri law states that when someone dies in the commission of a felony, any accomplice can be charged with that person’s murder.

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Sorry, that's a ridiculous law.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.