Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Knock out" teen shot breaking/entering

287 posts in this topic

Posted

We have met IRL, you just don't remember it. You were probably too awestruck.

Your sexah was too much.

P T S D

Post Traumatic Sexah Disorder

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Posted

every moment meeting Jase IRL is an awkward moment.

Mainly because I'm so handsome.

Not really that. We are just too busy keeping an eye on our beer with you around.

Posted

if you guys get a beer I want to be there

and there will be "bitter beer faces" everywhere

Posted

not to get nostalgic...but in the days of the old huddle I felt like people really got to know each other way more than these days. Maybe it was because of Mush's writeups about everyone, or Monkeybutt's posts on those 20 question things. The huddle used to be much more personable. First time I came to a tailgate I really felt like I was part of the family and "knew" many of the others there.

now, it's all about personal attacks instead.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're right, we should totally be able to arbitrarily and punitively assign murder charges to people who didn't commit murder... That's totally just.

He didn't kill the guy. He shouldn't be charged for murder. We don't do that bullshiat in this country.

If his accomplice killed someone in the commission of a felony, both could be charged with murder. What's the difference?

Posted

every message board has its golden days followed by change that's lamented. a reflection of real life communities imo

Posted

true dat....neighborhood is only as good as the neighbors!

Posted

I picture everyone wearing stickers from office depot that say hi my username is _________ and making awkward references to pie and rep

We need that.

There have been several times where I've walked by the huddle tailgate, looked around, then kept walking. Name tags would definitely make it a little easier to stop by and shake a few hands at least.

Posted

Frankly I think that's an excuse and a poor one and this is why.

He is the only one like that on the board.

I don't really agree with Zula about anything in the tinderbox, but have had several enjoyable, adult conversations with him via PM and in other forums... he told me all about being a film studies student at UNCW when I asked because my oldest is interested in that field. Zula is (by all accounts) half my age and seems to have a good sense of humor. I may not agree with him, but can get along... Cantrell, not so much.

I definitely do think that Cantrell's huddle "persona" is an attempt to take out his angst for a system that is completely disagreed with... I just don't understand why there's so much anger and hate directed at anyone and everyone who dares question anything that's said.

plenty of people use insults here and quite a few posters are particularly shitty to certain posters. i know you think i'm alone here but i'm demonstrably not. what seems to be your problem is my tone, exemplified by the many tone arguments you've made in the past. personally i don't give a fug how someone sounds; i'm more concerned with content. you on the other hand want people to sound "agreeable," regardless of how stupid your (or others') posts might be. you're one of the quickest to resort to name calling around here; i specifically recall you doing it to CWG several times, and typically you tend to throw out the first insult whenever you try to pick an internet fight with me. but again, i don't give a poo if you want to call names. my problem is that when it's done to you, you tend to use it as an excuse to abandon the discussion and pretend as though that is the only substantive part of the post. THEN you do little but hurl insults, as if "anger and hate" is suddenly ok after it's been projected at you. if you seriously want to make a case that the insults are uncalled for, you should probably stop doing it yourself, rather than baiting me into slamming you so that you can run and inform kurb that i've said a bad word.

also whoever said something about generational gaps is probably on to something. i've noticed that old people are relatively thin skinned when they're insulted (valid or not), and seem to think that calling someone a fuging moron at the end of a lengthy post debunking their shitty views actually makes the entire post ad hominem or something (unless they're doing it of course)

oh and btw i don't think your shitty opinions on women or race should be censored or anything, and i don't argue with you to get you to stop doing it (you'll clearly never stop anyway). my only problem with it is how you attempt to literally redefine things like sexism and misogyny because those things are bad and you couldn't be bad therefore what you say couldn't be shitty regressive bullshit

Posted

If his accomplice killed someone in the commission of a felony, both could be charged with murder. What's the difference?

They didnt kill anyone?

Posted

every message board has its golden days followed by change that's lamented. a reflection of real life communities imo

ah yes the golden days when that one dude showed up to tailgates to menace women, meanwhile another was busy starving his horses

or was that the same guy?

Posted

Oh look, another wall of text with no quotes. Shocking. Keep burning that keyboard up while saying nothing... :)