"Knock out" teen shot breaking/entering

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#91 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

read it again...the other kid...you know, the one that didn't get shot and killed, he ran away. The kid that got shot and killed decided to confront the man that owned the home he had just decided to break into and then was subsequently shot and killed.

#92 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

read it again...the other kid...you know, the one that didn't get shot and killed, he ran away. The kid that got shot and killed decided to confront the man that owned the home he had just decided to break into and then was subsequently shot and killed.

i edited my post to correct that. however it appears that the homeowner escalated the situation. just another wannabe cowboy mad because his walmart brand flat screen might have been taken

#93 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

what exactly did this kid do to forfeit his right to live?

#94 chris999

chris999

• LocationFlorida
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

tragic

Good riddance.

This is what the second amendment is for. To protect you and your family from thugs.

Imagine if the homeowner didnt have the gun. The boy probably would have beaten him half to death, in his own home, after robbing him blind.

`That is insensitive, but I dont care. If you are not even safe in your own home, then what can you do?

#95 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

i edited my post to correct that. however it appears that the homeowner escalated the situation. just another wannabe cowboy mad because his walmart brand flat screen might have been taken

personally, I won't argue that point because I think it's totally senseless. That said, there's also millions of gun advocates and constitutional rights preachers that would say the man did exactly what his rights said he could do. Some have gone to the point to say that it wouldn't matter if the kid was running away or not...as long as I get him before he leaves my property, I'm just exercising my constitutional rights.

#96 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

legal/illegal isn't necessarily right/wrong

e: if the system doesn't even consider anything he did to be a capital crime, idk why it's totally fine to just shoot a kid over your tv and/or xbox or whatever

If someone breaks into my home I'm gonna be shooting to protect my family. I wouldn't be celebrating or high fiving anyone later because it's still tragic and something you have to live with for the rest of your life. When I was a teenager I was living that life.

I just never liked or understood those who boast about this like it's some sort of victory. They remind me of assholes whose first question to me,, after meeting me, is if I killed someone 'over there'

#97 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

If someone breaks into my home I'm gonna be shooting to protect my family. I wouldn't be celebrating or high fiving anyone later because it's still tragic and something you have to live with for the rest of your life. When I was a teenager I was living that life.

well it appears as though you deserved to have been shot to death for your transgressions. do you feel guilty for still being alive after being "about that life" or what? is it different for some reason that i'm missing here?

e: have you considered seppuku? not only to restore your honor but also for the benefit of society. from what i've seen in this thread, it would be "karma" and several posters would take the time to type "good riddance" if you did it sooo

#98 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Over your head, gentleman

#99 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Over your head, gentleman

how so? if, hypothetically, you had been shot to death back when you were breaking into wherever, would you think that it was justified?

it's odd because felony b&e can net you as little as 4 years in NC and it's certainly not a capital crime but for some reason it's ok to just blindly fire at them because of what you think they might do

also quick question if i'm walking down the street and someone pushes me am i now free to shoot that person to death? because tbh i'm going to feel more threatened by a person who has actually gotten physically violent with me than by a person who might maybe do something possibly if i don't hurry up and shoot him already

#100 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

how so? if, hypothetically, you had been shot to death back when you were breaking into wherever, would you think that it was justified?

it's odd because felony b&e can net you as little as 4 years in NC and it's certainly not a capital crime but for some reason it's ok to just blindly fire at them because of what you think they might do

also quick question if i'm walking down the street and someone pushes me am i now free to shoot that person to death? because tbh i'm going to feel more threatened by a person who has actually gotten physically violent with me than by a person who might maybe do something possibly if i don't hurry up and shoot him already

what would you say is an instance when violent force - that is deadly force - is an ethically acceptable option? is there such an instance at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users