286 replies to this topic

#241 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Agree to disagree doesn't exist in cyberspace. I must call you a *** and tell you why you're wrong and i'm always right.

#242 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

More the string here near the end where we are actually having a grownup conversation without words like "racist" and "sexist" are thrown around so easily. Where people are being slightly civil.

One of the reasons I don't enjoy this forum all that much these days.

Sometimes I'd swear half the people in here either can't or won't actually debate facts or information. They go straight to screaming racism or sexism or whatever else, and nearly always with zero justification behind it. It's lazy, it's lame, and it makes the person who does it look just plain inferior.

I've seen a very few posts where the charges were actually justified, and those came from people who aren't regulars on here, just infrequent surfers. Generally speaking, those folks don't last. They say something blatantly stupid and get banned quick.

But even so, you still have some on here who are either just too lazy or just aren't smart enough to hang in an actual debate, and those are the quickest ones to go for the character assassination.

Truth be told, the older I get, the less I enjoy anonymous internet arguments in general. But I enjoy them even less so when the participants are people who can't argue without falling back on lame garbage like we see in this thread.

When you see that better than 50% of the posts in a thread aren't actually even touching on the thread topic itself, that's a pretty clear sign that this type of crap has entered into the fray.

#243 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I gotta tell you this whole therapist session is just perfect. It's like what forums are actually supposed to be. Maybe we just need PhillyB to moderate every single thread.

That's Dr. Phil lyB to you Mr.

#244 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, you're right... and with the exception of what I just posted, I've pretty much spent this thread trying to get Cantrell riled up enough to type out giant walls of text, which I've been pretty successful at.

I'm sure what I just typed will be ignored or one or two words will be pulled out and harped on for a while... so whatever...

so you claim to have been trolling ("I've pretty much spent this thread trying to get Cantrell riled up"). i'm not buying that. you believe the things you post. it's why you haven't been able to let it go. it's why you seize every perceived opportunity to blast me by aligning yourself with dumb posters making dumb posts toward me

btw why should i address your novel above when, in this very thread, you've posted both a "tl;dr" variant as well as a "well i was just trolling anyway" defense? you demand a higher level of respect than you give to others, which is why i'm perfectly content to tell you to get fuged

#245 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Here, let me write about how much I care about your response... See below.

#246 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Honestly I'm a tad offended that you even need ask that.

He got all this "rape apology" stuff from one comment I made in a thread about a girl who was statutorily raped by her supervisor in a Starbucks. Yeah, I probably could have worded what I said a little differently, but you know Cantrell... picks up on one thing and runs with it...

Long story short (and I linked my previous response to this in the post from this morning) I was not saying the girl wasn't raped. I wasn't saying that she caused the rape or anything even remotely like that... rape is a serious, serious issue and I would never wish it on any woman. That particular thread was about her suing Starbucks because they didn't prevent the situation when in fact Starbucks and her own family intervened (multiple times I might add), she continued that relationship willingly, and then four years later, sued for money damages because of it.

The guy in that case was a sleeze, he slept with an underage girl and was rightly convicted for it. I've never said otherwise. My comments were SOLELY in regards to the lawsuit not the rape.

uhhh it wasn't "just" statutory. he plea bargained down to sex with a minor. he was her boss and used his authority to coerce a minor, a girl ~9 years younger than him, into having sex with him. she could not consent to a sexual relationship with a 25 year old man. sex without consent is rape. you keep saying things like "she continued that relationship willingly" when, even if she hadn't been coerced and had instead been "only" the victim of statutory rape, she literally could not in any way "continue a (sexual) relationship willingly" with a 25 year old man because she, again, could. not. consent.

#247 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

"i'm not blaming her for being raped but come on guys she continued that relationship willingly"

these are contradictory statements, and constitute an argument usually made by creeps who somehow think that "statutory" rape isn't as reprehensible as "forcible" rape

#248 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

One of the reasons I don't enjoy this forum all that much these days.

Sometimes I'd swear half the people in here either can't or won't actually debate facts or information. They go straight to screaming racism or sexism or whatever else, and nearly always with zero justification behind it. It's lazy, it's lame, and it makes the person who does it look just plain inferior.

I've seen a very few posts where the charges were actually justified, and those came from people who aren't regulars on here, just infrequent surfers. Generally speaking, those folks don't last. They say something blatantly stupid and get banned quick.

But even so, you still have some on here who are either just too lazy or just aren't smart enough to hang in an actual debate, and those are the quickest ones to go for the character assassination.

Truth be told, the older I get, the less I enjoy anonymous internet arguments in general. But I enjoy them even less so when the participants are people who can't argue without falling back on lame garbage like we see in this thread.

When you see that better than 50% of the posts in a thread aren't actually even touching on the thread topic itself, that's a pretty clear sign that this type of crap has entered into the fray.

fyi the post i quoted of yours that started all of this contained no (as in zero) facts. i replied with like 10 different facts disputing the notion that people are only victimized because they're trained to be victims by their parents. you're basically criticizing yourself here.

#249 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Keep slinging, its not sticking.

So much for the nice adult conversation we had going on today.

#250 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

fyi the post i quoted of yours that started all of this contained no (as in zero) facts. i replied with like 10 different facts disputing the notion that people are only victimized because they're trained to be victims by their parents. you're basically criticizing yourself here.

Uh huh :lol:

You do realize your opinions don't count as "facts" right?

(aaahhh nevermind, you don't)

#251 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

No... Just like Cantrell doesn't realize that I was never talking about rape, but about a lawsuit. Constantly repeating things doesn't actually change what was really being discussed. Neither of us said even remotely what Cantrell claims we did... Yet on it rolls.

#252 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Uh huh :lol:

You do realize your opinions don't count as "facts" right?

(aaahhh nevermind, you don't)

hey let's take a look at those "opinions"

this is a really dumb post. here's part of the reason why:

-- Black youth with no prior admissions were six times more likely (and Latino youth were three times more likely) to be incarcerated in public facilities than white youth with no prior admissions when charged with the same offense.

http://www.isreview....f_justice.shtml

you see black youth were six times more likely to be incarcerated than white youth when charged with the same crime because their parents taught them to be victims

Even in neighborhoods that are predominantly white, black and Latino New Yorkers face the disproportionate brunt. For example, in 2011, Black and Latino New Yorkers made up 24 percent of the population in Park Slope, but 79 percent of stops. This, on its face, is discriminatory.

http://www.nyclu.org/node/1598

Blacks and Latinos were nine times as likely as whites to be stopped by the police in New York City in 2009, but, once stopped, were no more likely to be arrested.

http://www.nytimes.c...on/13frisk.html

ugh those damn parents teaching their kids to be victims basically forces the police to brazenly profile them

Two-thirds of those arrested for drug violations in 2006 were white and 33 percent were black, although blacks made up 12.8 percent of the population, F.B.I. data show.

Her report cites federal data from 2003, the most recent available on this aspect, indicating that blacks constituted 53.5 percent of all who entered prison for a drug conviction.

http://www.nytimes.c...Ai53x7QaNx/pGoA

black people make up ~1/3 of drug arrests, yet only ~18% of the population, but those damned parents taught them to be victims so juries just have to convict them twice as much as white people who have been charged with the exact same crimes

ugh THOSE PARENTS don't they know that they can just tell their kids to be professional athletes and make millions for themselves and billions for their slaveow- er, "owners"

The results of these studies were startling. Among those with no criminal record, white applicants were more than twice as likely to receive a callback relative to equally qualified black applicants. Even more troubling, whites with a felony conviction fared just as well, if not better, than a black applicant with a clean background.

http://ac360.blogs.c...ances-for-hire/

you see they've been taught to be victims their whole lives and that's why they are repeatedly victimized. if they would just stop expecting to be victimized, surely employers will start hiring degree-holding black people over white felons

what you're doing is called "victim blaming", with a heaping bunch of "pulling poo out of your ass." stop posting about things you don't understand.

yep just one big long list of opinions here, unlike this fact-filled post:

I don't really care why.

Urban, redneck, big city, small town or whatever; if you're just gonna declare yourself a victim and teach your kids that all the cards are stacked against them and they have no chance no matter what they do, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Yes, your kids will fail, and it'll be largely your fault.

Tell them instead that whatever obstacles they face can be conquered, they still could fail for any number of reasons but at least you taught them to work rather than whine.

i know i've told you this several times but uh you need to stop posting about things that you don't understand

#253 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

No... Just like Cantrell doesn't realize that I was never talking about rape, but about a lawsuit. Constantly repeating things doesn't actually change what was really being discussed. Neither of us said even remotely what Cantrell claims we did... Yet on it rolls.

did you or did you not say that a rape victim was "doing the victim thing" and that she "knew what she was doing"

#254 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

since when are peer reviewed studies "opinions" and mr. scot's shitposts "STRAIGHT FACTS HOMIE"

e: beaten

#255 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Not a huge surprise. It's all he's got.

Can't win any other way, so he's gotta try to make ya look bad. Whether or not what he says is actually true doesn't seem to make any difference, of course.

I guess he thinks it's an effective tactic. In reality, all it does is make his argument look even weaker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.