Photo
- - - - -

"Knock out" teen shot breaking/entering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
286 replies to this topic

#205 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

yeah i'm totally just making up how you tend to enter threads hurling personal insults

this was your very first post in this thread:

My god Can't-rell has the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

rather than expanding upon the discussion you decided to make it entirely personal, then act like you're some kind of victim when you got a response. no one had even mentioned your fatass anyway and you certainly contributed absolutely nothing to this thread but yeah you're such a victim nobody EVER insults anyone like mean old mr. shuttlesworth :( :( :(

#206 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

you guys are gonna fug aren't ya?

#207 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Is this what Sheikh was requesting a YouTube link for?

#208 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm not here to judge!!!

#209 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

also whoever said something about generational gaps is probably on to something. i've noticed that old people are relatively thin skinned when they're insulted (valid or not), and seem to think that calling someone a fuging moron at the end of a lengthy post debunking their shitty views actually makes the entire post ad hominem or something (unless they're doing it of course)

i actually think it goes deeper than that. in the past ten-fifteen years we've seen a massive technology-based shift in the way humans communicate, one sparked by the biggest communicative revolution since the printing press, and this warp-speed change that in the past has spanned centuries is now being seen within the space of a small part of a single generation. the implications are huge tbh, and in my opinion the traditional "i don't understand these damn kids these days" response to generational gaps is far magnified exponentially.

message boards are an example. methods of communication are shifting fundamentally, with today's newest internet generation being raised on the use of gifs and funny pictures as a form of animation and response that's replacing actual literal dialogue in many instances. with it is a form of snark and biting sarcasm embeded as an elementary form of communication that's unique to this specific generation and very often causes conflict with an older generation that's adapting to the use of the internet technically but has often yet to achieve a holistic understanding of its many subtleties.

to me this is the key to the problem here. GS and Biscuit may fundamentally disagree, but what might otherwise be barely-noticable spats have exploded into massive diatribes that span several pages. not that there isn't an argument at the core, but i contend that it's heavily exxacerbated by the interdynamic explained above.

so why dont yall post some gifs of hugging cats and call it even stevens

#210 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

i actually think it goes deeper than that. in the past ten-fifteen years we've seen a massive technology-based shift in the way humans communicate, one sparked by the biggest communicative revolution since the printing press, and this warp-speed change that in the past has spanned centuries is now being seen within the space of a small part of a single generation. the implications are huge tbh, and in my opinion the traditional "i don't understand these damn kids these days" response to generational gaps is far magnified exponentially.

message boards are an example. methods of communication are shifting fundamentally, with today's newest internet generation being raised on the use of gifs and funny pictures as a form of animation and response that's replacing actual literal dialogue in many instances. with it is a form of snark and biting sarcasm embeded as an elementary form of communication that's unique to this specific generation and very often causes conflict with an older generation that's adapting to the use of the internet technically but has often yet to achieve a holistic understanding of its many subtleties.

not going to argue with much of this however

so why dont yall post some gifs of hugging cats and call it even stevens

why don't i "call it even stevens"? for the same reason why i wouldn't "call it even stevens" with a person like sylvianlight.

if you constantly reduce women to their parts and then get mad when someone says something about it, i'm not interested in being your "bro." i'm just not interested in dignifying shitty views that perpetuate shitty society by hugging it out and saying "it's alright bro we've all got opinions so i'm just going to go ahead and respect your opinion that sometimes rape isn't rape and sometimes it's ok to call a woman who isn't physically pleasing to you a 'bitch' and a 'crackwhore'"

e: basically i agree that there is a generational difference, however there is substance to this as well. i'm not going to cede ground on something that i am both familiar with and passionate about. if we were arguing over whether or not yesterday's race was good then i'd be willing to let it go p easily because i'm not some nascar loving redneck.

#211 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

be that as it may, i would argue that your relation to ncb is based on what is ultimately individual chronocentrism and could use a healthy dose of perspective re: your draw in the lottery that is birth. the experiences that have shaped you and your viewpoint are not universal. enlightenment is nice but it does no one any good if you wield it like a sword and go around beheading everyone who's walking the path deterministically allowed them by their social context

anyway honstly i dont give a flying poo either way, i'm not trying to arbitrate here... i generally just skip past the substatnceless sniping that characterizes these sniping matches

#212 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

be that as it may, i would argue that your relation to ncb is based on what is ultimately individual chronocentrism and could use a healthy dose of perspective re: your draw in the lottery that is birth. the experiences that have shaped you and your viewpoint are not universal. enlightenment is nice but it does no one any good if you wield it like a sword and go around beheading everyone who's walking the path deterministically allowed them by their social context

some people need to have their views shamed, then shamed some more, then shamed again. he's given me no indication that he's open to introspection, choosing to instead play semantics literally every time he says something reprehensible. someone (it may have been you) made the point in one of these threads around here that it seems like one or both parties have generally dug in by the time debate begins, and that the posts in this forum are more intended for lurkers than, for example, the people who honestly believe that "what their dick thinks" has ANY relevance in a discussion on whether or not women should be able to go topless wherever men can go topless. i generally believe that a thorough rejection of shitty views is important, whether you believe that to be "wielding enlightenment like a sword" or not, because people are being hurt by the types of people who hold these shitty views every single day. furthermore, centering on his fat ass is a very important piece to the overall point i've been trying to make since this brave soul took a stand for topless beaches because he "lieks tities"; the point being that it is entirely irrelevant to the point when you reduce someone to their parts. but you see when he, and people like him, reduce women to their parts they are patted on the back by the poo staff around here; on the other hand when i reduce him to his parts, i'm warned/banned as he plays the perpetual victim to his manfriend kurb. objectifying women? LOL GOOD POST BRO. objectifying men? NO. NOT LOL.

i would certainly be receptive to "talking it out" or whatever, if that were possible; however when, for example, a poster responds to being called out for saying that a rape victim was asking for it by saying "whatever cantroll you just see things in black and white and by the way you can't even read you have the reading comprehension of a 4th grader you're so 'enlightened' and holier than thou and by the way i have a wife how could i be sexist" it is impossible. i'm not going to respect someone who refuses to address these issues in good faith; someone who has clearly done little-to-no research in the subjects at the center of these issues, choosing instead to just go with whatever his fat gut tells him

#213 PhillyB

PhillyB

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

again i don't question your goals or motives, only your methodologies. which is better, to bludgeon that opposition and further entrench them in their views, or to ease them into understanding your side of things, even if they never fully embrace it? i have found this to be one of the biggest things i've had to face, especially dealing with the heavily arch-conservative fundamentalist context from which i have come. in the past i've beat the bejeezus out of ignoramuses on facebook posts with facts and logic and truth that crumbles their baseless idiotic asshole positions on issues and then realized that even if i won that battle tactically, i was losing the war, because all they did was get bitter and angry at "them thurr liberals" and then shut themselves off to reason even more, which made them even more likely to be stupid and say stupid poo... a vicious cycle.

while i am still guilty of being a dick on occasion i have for the most part adopted a general methodology of amicably presenting an opposing viewpoint to spark conversation and get the individual thinking in a new direction, even if they don't realize it. this has proven unbelivably conducive to change (or at least being open to it, which is certainly a step in the right direction, and better than nothing at all.)

i just wonder what would happen if you were able to take this approach. right now all i see is months of tripe built on pretext that began who-fuging-knows-where

#214 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

it began with me pointing out that reducing women to their parts is wrong; that objectification is bad, and that no one cares about what his dick thinks about equality movements. also that accusing the victim of an admitted rapist (she was also a minor btw) of "doing the victim thing" and "knowing what she was doing" does nothing but perpetuate what is called "rape culture," which is bad

it all went downhill from there, because reactionaries aren't really open to introspection and change (imagine that). i don't really have the patience to keep repeating myself, only to hear "nuh uh how could i be a misogynist, i have a wife!" i'd rather just call him a dipshit whenever he waddles into a thread to take an unprovoked shot at me.

#215 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I always wanted to be someones manfriend (no homo)...

#216 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

You would like that wouldn't you?

yeah i'm totally just making up how you tend to enter threads hurling personal insults
rather than expanding upon the discussion you decided to make it entirely personal, then act like you're some kind of victim when you got a response. no one had even mentioned your fatass anyway and you certainly contributed absolutely nothing to this thread but yeah you're such a victim nobody EVER insults anyone like mean old mr. shuttlesworth :( :( :(

I didn’t enter this thread hurling insults, you did… towards Mr Scot for no reason whatsoever…

Tell them instead that whatever obstacles they face can be conquered, they still could fail for any number of reasons but at least you taught them to work rather than whine.

this is a really dumb post. here's part of the reason why:
ugh those damn parents teaching their kids to be victims basically forces the police to brazenly profile them
you see they've been taught to be victims their whole lives and that's why they are repeatedly victimized. if they would just stop expecting to be victimized, surely employers will start hiring degree-holding black people over white felons
what you're doing is called "victim blaming", with a heaping bunch of "pulling poo out of your ass." stop posting about things you don't understand.

You can’t read… Mr Scot wasn’t victim blaming, he was simply saying that parents should teach their kids that they can conquer obstacles and CAN succeed… whereas you would apparently have parents teach their kids that they are simply victims and there’s nothing that they can do to change that. This goes to my later point about you…

not going to argue with much of this however

why don't i "call it even stevens"? for the same reason why i wouldn't "call it even stevens" with a person like sylvianlight.

This is my other point… you see things as absolutes… I’ve told you this before. You see no difference between an obvious racist such as sylvianlight and guys like me and Mr Scot simply because you don’t agree with us. In your mind, there is no difference between us, so therefore you come up with…

some people need to have their views shamed, then shamed some more, then shamed again.

it began with me pointing out that reducing women to their parts is wrong; that objectification is bad, and that no one cares about what his dick thinks about equality movements. also that accusing the victim of an admitted rapist (she was also a minor btw) of "doing the victim thing" and "knowing what she was doing" does nothing but perpetuate what is called "rape culture," which is bad

it all went downhill from there, because reactionaries aren't really open to introspection and change (imagine that). i don't really have the patience to keep repeating myself, only to hear "nuh uh how could i be a misogynist, i have a wife!" i'd rather just call him a dipshit whenever he waddles into a thread to take an unprovoked shot at me.

I am fully capable of introspection and change… I would argue that you are the one that is not. You have decided that your viewpoint is correct, you are smarter than all of us and better than all of us therefore you have to beat us over the head with it.

As far as the “rape”issue goes… I explained my comments here (http://www.carolinah...85#entry1894066) and you chose to ignore that… I’m not typing it out again…

You're the very definition of hypocrisy... you claim to be "enlightened" yet for all your blathering, you just don't get it...

You pull out selected things people say... but never quote them and never use all of what they say... case in point...

I said...

You call me a misogynist because I like beautiful women and post pictures of them on this board… 90% of the women I post pictures of got paid to pose for said pictures and the other 10% are in pictures because they are famous for, and make money from being beautiful… does that make me a bad person for enjoying female beauty? Nope. I have a ton of respect for women. I have been married for almost 19 years and have a great relationship with the women in my life. I've talked to, made friends with and met in person several of the females that regularly post on this board. I don't see them calling me a misogynist.

Yet all you pulled out of that was "derp, you said you're married so you're not a misogynist..."

That's literally all you did... didn't quote me, didn't use the entirety of what I said... which is what you always do.

You're a disingenuous, pretentious, academia minded person with no real life experience to fall back on so instead, you misquote, take out of context and try to belittle people instead of actually talking to them. Sad, very very sad.