you forgot to gtfo when you said you were going to

#272 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

you forgot to gtfo when you said you were going to

typical progression of this type of thread includes at least one person saying something along the lines of "i'm done with this silliness" then proceeding to keep fuging posting their dumb poo while also accusing the other party of needing the last word

it's basically a plea to stop posting so that person can save face

#273 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Nah, you guys can keep posting as much as you want. No need to save face here seeing as I'm not the one who did exactly what I was predicted to do or desperately insulted someone and told them to get out B)

Feel free to have the last word, not that it'll make the posts you've done already look any better. But hey...

#274 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

typical progression of this type of thread includes at least one person saying something along the lines of "i'm done with this silliness" then proceeding to keep fuging posting their dumb poo while also accusing the other party of needing the last word

it's basically a plea to stop posting so that person can save face

Nah, you guys can keep posting as much as you want. No need to save face here seeing as I'm not the one who did exactly what I was predicted to do or desperately insulted someone and told them to get out B)

Feel free to have the last word, not that it'll make the posts you've done already look any better. But hey...

uncanny...........

'I'm not the one who did exactly what I was predicted to do'

^ haha way2gud

#275 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

man I wish everyone would be online at once. We get a page or 2 of one side. Then a page or 2 of the other.

#276 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

dear lord if you're gonna leave then fuging leave already

no one gives a fug about you or your smiley spam or your appeal to moderation or your huge text walls about obscure assistant coaches that are never coming here

Actually his threads on such are very popular.
So you are incorrect.

#277 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

jesus i stop posting actual stuff for half an hour and this happens

#278 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

jesus i stop posting actual stuff for half an hour and this happens

Enjoyed it while it lasted Philly...

Would like to hear your honest opinions on the questions you asked me... Would also like for you to ask Cantrell these questions but I think that we all see what responses we would receive.

#279 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Does it bleed in? I suppose. Should it? I don't think it has any bearing whatsoever in my opinions or should it in our discussions. It's the internet... I could go right now and search for dogs having sex with monkeys and have an image in 2 seconds...

I answered this earlier in this thread... I enjoy beautiful women. I don't deny it. Most of the guys on here do. Frankly the "boob inspector" thing is something that Saltman and I started in like 2008 just screwing around. Cantrell thinks I walk around irl ogling womens boobs like some kind of psycho... lol. Nothing could be further from the truth. Do I notice attractive women... uh, yes I do. What heterosexual male doesn't? Plus... I live in Wilmington... there's like 10 hot women for every guy in this town... they're literally everywhere. Am I respectful to women irl? Absolutely... don't believe it, ask boo. She knows me as well as anyone on this site.

No. If someone is posing for such a picture then it's not objectifying. That said, if you have pic's of some college hottie bending over to pic a pen she dropped in the library, well then you are likely objectifying her.

To a large extent I have to disagree with you guys, but it mainly appears to be a difference in understanding of terms and definitions.

I think it's important to separate objectification as enjoyment of the entity - that is, a fundamental, natural, holistic attraction to the essence of a woman - and the way that this attraction manifests itself in society. if the structure of the society we're examining this question in is by nature egalitarian - that is, everyone is equal - than it becomes much less of an issue. However we historically have seen major differences in terms of social hierarchies based on race and gender (gender being the obviously applicable one here.)

Let me use the Huddle to illustrate. Pretend the Huddle is society. Is it egalitarian? In a sense, yes - everyone has an equal opportunity to post. There are no written restrictions that prevent, say, a woman from posting as she pleases. However, there are unequal restrictions on content in the sense that the allowable visuals are determined according to male desires and attraction; it's laudable if you can post the most boob possible without showing that impermissible areola, but anything resembling some dude's johnson is repulsive and disallowed. I contend that this disparity in standards creates an environment where women are not likely to feel any more welcome than they might in a good ol' boys' gentleman's club that's egalitarian on the surface but is full of guys sitting around talking about squeezing titties and how fantastic the ass of the new secretary is.

I kind of wrote this in reverse... I meant to extrapolate all that from a discussion of what objectification is, but then I skipped that part. Honestly there's not much to be said... I don't think appreciation of the female form, in its strictest sense, is at all objectification. Where you delve into objectifying is when a woman is reduced to the sum of her physical parts; she is presented, part and parcel, as a piece of ass and a pair of knockers. She is an agent of sexual desires and little (if any) more. What we have to differentiate here is the difference between appreciating those specific aspects of womanhood and appreciating only them, and furthermore, the manner in which public expression of either one is so easily misinterpreted.

This to me is the crux of the issue at hand. I think it's why GS is convinced nc_biscuit hates women, and I think it's why nc_biscuit thinks GS is off his goddamn rocker. Neither is true. I'd wager nc_buscuit's appreciation of the female form is expressed in a one-dimensional manner that characterizes identifying aspects of online forums (eg avatars) that does not properly capture his overall view. I'd also wager that GS's rightful abhorrence of the social context from which objectification has been derived for centuries has made him far more cognizant of these things and embodies a growing trend towards pointing these things out when they are publicaly overt.

What I'm saying is that this issue is far more complex than the diametrically-opposed ideologies that the framework of this argument has indexed the two of you into. The complexities, the many facets of this structure must be understood holistically before either of you will get anywhere, and before the rest of us forced to sit here with ears plugged will learn anything from it. If I were to suggest any sort of a solution, it'd be that nc_biscuit be more aware of the impression posting tittie avatars makes on the casual observer and what is easily extrapolated from it in today's climate of awareness surrounding gender issues and that GS be aware of the differentiation between explicit representation of a single facet as an indicator of belief that it's the only facet and that same expression as part of a greater whole that's not implicitly communicated over single-dimensional interfaces.

#280 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Oh, the irony (again) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dear lord if you're gonna leave then fuging leave already

no one gives a fug about you or your smiley spam or your appeal to moderation or your huge text walls about obscure assistant coaches that are never coming here

both of you are being hulking dicks probably to make up for your small dicks. mr. scot your platitudes and milquetoast smilies aren't adding a goddamn thing to these discussions and no matter how many times you draw out anecdotes about generalized principles of how "those people" argue it's honestly doing nothing for the overall discourse.

...as evident by SZ's similarly unhinged response. really dude? i for one welcome the arcane assistant coach threads... they're one of the best things about this forum and the reason mr scot is arguable the most knowledgable poster in the panthers forum. disagree with scot all you want (i usually do in tinderbox threads) but why go all busch league esp. when that comment doesn't make any lucid sense to begin with? honestly you two dickslapping each other has been the most annoying part of a fundamentally annoying thread and makes nc_biscuit vs. GS look like a goddamn mensa conference

anyway im starting to sound like trucatzfan so im gonna stop posting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users