286 replies to this topic

#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,523 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Or you could see that given the right circumstances this kid could easily be breaking innocent brown people's jaws for America.

Keep beating the race drum, sooner or later, someone will join in. Don't give up.

#62 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,523 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

We have a huge problem here in Western NC with meth and meth labs. 95% of these jokers are white. I never see a black guy in the paper cooking or distributing the stuff. These meth users are notorious for breaking and entering. I care not for their background. I do not know them, nor their parents or how they were treated. I don't know where they lived or how far they got in school. Don't know why they tried meth the first time.

What I would know is that somebody is forcing their way into my home and I have a few seconds to defend my family or suffer the consequences of what might happen. We will find out this guys background later, but I am defending my family in the few seconds I have. As mentioned, I will feel terrible about having to shoot someone, but would feel worse if I could have defended my family and did not, only to have THEM suffer.

I will choose the former and suffer those consequences.

#63 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm late to the party but why are some upset by this?

#64 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Society has truly lost of its pillars.

What a sad day!

#65 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

huddle needs a Zebra forum so you can all keep talking about black vs white!

as for this case...unfortunate that a young man was killed...but there's an old saying....you play with fire and you are going to get burned. Sounds like he lived on the edge and got pushed off.

#66 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sorry. No guilt here because I'm not responsible for anyone's life but my own. If there ws someone I was supposed to oppress somewhere along the way, nobody ever sent me the assignment.

Tell me this: What exactly does teaching them that they're victims who have no shot accomplish?

(and the answer is not "realism" so don't bother with that)

If you want to go with telling a kid that he's a victim who'll never amount to anything from early on, how exactly do you expect his life to turn out?

No one except you is saying they should be told they're victims and there's no hope. But the inverse of that is just as stupid because plenty of people white and black try really hard and don't "get there." The proportion of black kids to white kids trying and failing, however, is grossly disproportionate.

Not everyone can be lucky enough to own a business despite quite possibly being functionally retarded like MadHatter.

What I'm suggesting is we fix the problems in society vs just telling them to work harder, when anyone who's taught or worked extensively with inner city kids can see that isn't the problem.

#67 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,306 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

No one except you is saying they should be told they're victims and there's no hope. But the inverse of that is just as stupid because plenty of people white and black try really hard and don't "get there."

Not everyone can be lucky enough to own a business despite quite possibly being functionally retarded like MadHatter.

What I'm suggesting is we fix the problems in society vs just telling them to work harder, when anyone who's taught or worked extensively with inner city kids can see that isn't the problem.

No one would suggest that problems shouldn't be fixed.

It's the "how to" of fixing them that's hotly debated.

#68 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Right. And your idea is to spit platitudes at them until they're blue in the face and my idea is to identify and correct societal issues that make is provably harder for poor black youth to succeed vs poor white youth.

#69 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,306 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Right. And your idea is to spit platitudes at them until they're blue in the face and my idea is to identify and correct societal issues that make is provably harder for poor black youth to succeed vs poor white youth.

Hardly. I just don't agree with cultivating a culture of victimhood. It helps no one.

My belief is that a load of the problems you find have more basis in family breakdown than societal breakdown. And honestly, government's ability to fix what's wrong with families is very limited.

What they can do: Improve discipline and educational quality in schools. Help out [rograms like Boys and Girls clubs, Big Brother/Sister, etc. Community churches can do a lot to assist as well.

Reality though? No matter what you do, you're not gonna reach everybody. And that doesn't just apply in the urban areas, Bad apples go everywhere.

If you've got suggestions that are more specific than "solve the problems" or just the usual throwing of money at it, by all means, say so.

#70 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yea, your approach is much better.

Don't try and teach your kids to work hard and overcome obstacles. Much easier to blame society, the gov't, and anyone other than themselves for their situation.

I swear to god that you don't even know the words "personal accountability".......because you have NONE.

You ARE the problem.

Personal accountability and overcoming obstacles - that thing businesses do when they lay off people and blame Obamacare.

#71 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Personal accountability and overcoming obstacles - that thing businesses do when they lay off people and blame Obamacare.

Life sucks sometimes and it is not always fair.

Your answer....blame someone else and ask for another handout.

My answer....do everything possible within your control to improve your situation.

The social programs that were created in this country were for that very reason.....to provide temporary assistance for those who had fallen on rough times. While (here is the part that you just do not understand) they work to get back on their feet.

Yet, idiots like you have turned them into a means of generational support and income....with zero incentive or desire to EVER get off of them.

#72 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

My god Can't-rell has the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

yeah what i posted is entirely irrelevant to scot's dumb "victims are victims because they want to be" bullshit

why do you always seem to find yourself cheerleading for racist fugs around here? it certainly couldn't be due to the possibility that you've got some racist tendencies yourself, as i seem to recall you breathlessly explaining to me that you couldn't be racist because you have black friends

#73 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,523 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

yeah what i posted is entirely irrelevant to scot's dumb "victims are victims because they want to be" bullshit

why do you always seem to find yourself cheerleading for racist fugs around here? it certainly couldn't be due to the possibility that you've got some racist tendencies yourself, as i seem to recall you breathlessly explaining to me that you couldn't be racist because you have black friends

One of your weaker efforts

Caffeine

#74 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

someone please explain why i shouldn't have posted multiple examples of overt victimization of black people in response to some dumb fug who seems to think that victims are victims because they're taught to be victims (hmm wonder if this applies to, say, rape as well? probably)

#75 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,008 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Because whatever that bullshit you said is not even in the same galaxy as what Mr Scot said, but you keep on making a fool of yourself.

...and that's about the third time you've claimed I used the "black friend" hypothesis yet you've never managed to quote me. Funny that.

But I do have a lot of friends, quite a lot of whom are in fact black... Friends, a concept I'm sure you're not familiar with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com