Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Draft sucks (I really love it)

51 posts in this topic

Keek defender from the start. Toot, toot.

Also high on one of the guards this draft, preferably Warmack in the 1st. The idea of a WR in the 1st I love, but it scares me. Give me the most sure thing, 10 year starter, and perennial All-Pro type guy in the 1st.

i happen to love that sense of fear. i get bored with the "sure thing".

i love draft season and study prospects all year round. i was not on the Luke train because i didnt want another first round LB.knew he was a decent player, but i didnt think another LB was what this team needed in the 1st.

i happen to love that sense of fear. i get bored with the "sure thing".

I agree somewhat, and I know a guard isn't sexy...but part of my feelings from this just come from the talent at WR that should still be there in the 2nd.

A guy like Patterson in the 1st would be great...but I'd be happier with Warmack in the 1st and Patton in the 2nd for instance.

At least that's how I feel right now.

I agree somewhat, and I know a guard isn't sexy...but part of my feelings from this just come from the talent at WR that should still be there in the 2nd.

A guy like Patterson in the 1st would be great...but I'd be happier with Warmack in the 1st and Patton in the 2nd for instance.

At least that's how I feel right now.

i'd be fine with a situation like that, but i REALLY don't like the idea of taking a guard in the first. i don't care how studly they are. i'd rather draft impact players, which i don't consider interior OL to be, esp. guard. we can fill those holes more quickly and with less transition time by picking up vets in FA.

mr scott you make alot of questionable threads. :cool:

Better than most threads with all of the (wrong) answers XD

I entertain myself by trying to see how well I "know" the team by means of predicting free agents and draft picks vs. what my own personal choices would be. I can't say that I don't get excited when I get it right, but I think that comes from how often I get it wrong >.>

I wouldn't say I ever hated the draft, just sometimes didn't like what the Panthers did.

Like last year, I was happy to have Kuech. Mostly because it wasn't Quinton Coples who i was sure would be a bust

The best place about draft day is watching this place have complete meltdowns over poo that we know nothing about. I always welcome the new players with open arms and find something to get excited about over them so I always laugh while people freak out and claim our team sucks because of some 7th round pick.

i'd be fine with a situation like that, but i REALLY don't like the idea of taking a guard in the first. i don't care how studly they are. i'd rather draft impact players, which i don't consider interior OL to be, esp. guard. we can fill those holes more quickly and with less transition time by picking up vets in FA.

Normally I'd agree with you. But with Newton's running ability, and the stable of backs we have, a strong interior line is more important for us than most offenses. I wouldn't mind Warmack in the first, and Hopkins or a DT in the second. I feel like with Hardy, and CJ a top DT isn't as important, and we can get by with FAs.

I'm in a better place with this year's draft class. There's only one player who's a common pick for us I'd hate if we drafted - Sharrif Floyd. All the other popular picks I'd be at least ok with: Warmack, Vaccaro, Patterson, one of the top CBs, Richardson, j. Williams. The picks I would absolutely love are (the not likely ones) Star, Joeckel and (more likely) Hankins.

Mayock is talking about the possibility of Warmack going number one.

(I have a hard time buying that)

1 person likes this

Mayock is talking about the possibility of Warmack going number one.

(I have a hard time buying that)

Cooper as well if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure he said only 4 players should be considered, named the top 2 guards and 2 LT I think.

Agreed. As it stands right now, without FA, those are my thoughts. Obviously it changes if we pick up a guard in FA and vice versa for whatever position is at hand.

Our OL last year could've used its share of impact guys...bringing a guy like Warmack gives us a potentially nasty line. As it stands now, without FA pickups, bringing in a WR still leaves Cam scrambling behind our roller skating OL from last year. And obviously injuries played a role, etc., but protecting Cam is goal numero uno IMO ahead of supplying him with weapons.