Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Draft sucks (I really love it)

50 posts in this topic

Mayock is talking about the possibility of Warmack going number one.

(I have a hard time buying that)

1 person likes this

Mayock is talking about the possibility of Warmack going number one.

(I have a hard time buying that)

Cooper as well if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure he said only 4 players should be considered, named the top 2 guards and 2 LT I think.

i'd be fine with a situation like that, but i REALLY don't like the idea of taking a guard in the first. i don't care how studly they are. i'd rather draft impact players, which i don't consider interior OL to be, esp. guard. we can fill those holes more quickly and with less transition time by picking up vets in FA.

Agreed. As it stands right now, without FA, those are my thoughts. Obviously it changes if we pick up a guard in FA and vice versa for whatever position is at hand.

Our OL last year could've used its share of impact guys...bringing a guy like Warmack gives us a potentially nasty line. As it stands now, without FA pickups, bringing in a WR still leaves Cam scrambling behind our roller skating OL from last year. And obviously injuries played a role, etc., but protecting Cam is goal numero uno IMO ahead of supplying him with weapons.

I really like watching the clips of the prospects on sites like draftbreakdown.com. Does anyone know of any better sites for prospect watching? But I hate getting enamored with players that just do not fit the positions we are drafting. This year, I have fallen for "The General" ; wide receiver Patton. He just makes plays. 14 is too high for him and even if he is there in the second, I am just not sure that is the pick we need. I hope he ends up being a Panther but I just don't see it happening.

I have always loved the NFL Draft. I am usually optimistic and try and get behind whoever we draft. The only time I can remember not being happy with who we drafted is the Clausen/Armanti draft (2010?). I was not a fan of that draft at all and was so angry when we traded away future picks to draft AE. This year is especially intriguing because there are so many players that I like and that I think would be a good fit for this team that it will be fun to see who we pick. Unlike last year I feel like there aren't many players that are definitely going in the top 10. Last year the top 10 was practically set in stone before the draft even started and I feel like it's going to be a bit more wide open this year.

I'm really hoping for the negative feelings to ease with Gettleman in charge rather than Hurney.

I'm really hoping for the negative feelings to ease with Gettleman in charge rather than Hurney.

i'm just happy to not have this feeling of dread over me wondering what dumb draft day trade thing hurney was going to try and pull.

i swear i hated that. the guy was good at picking in the first round. not sure why he wanted so desperately to trade that away. he was just never as good a poker gambler as he thought he was. he considered himself a surfer bob protege, but it seemed like all he did was absorb the trade up for ryan leaf germ instead of the good stuff.

I wouldn't say I ever hated the draft, just sometimes didn't like what the Panthers did.

Like last year, I was happy to have Kuech. Mostly because it wasn't Quinton Coples who i was sure would be a bust

dont talk about my boy Q. Coples like that, we graduated together. he is not a bust

lol. coples was so overrated it's not even funny.

he is what we thought he was.

kuechly >>>> coples. not even close.

the best thing about not drafting him is i don't have to look at that incredibly ugly and painful looking brand on his arm.

dont talk about my boy Q. Coples like that, we graduated together. he is not a bust

That bust lead his team in sacks.