Photo
- - - - -

The Draft sucks (I really love it)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#25 44johnson

44johnson

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I really like watching the clips of the prospects on sites like draftbreakdown.com. Does anyone know of any better sites for prospect watching? But I hate getting enamored with players that just do not fit the positions we are drafting. This year, I have fallen for "The General" ; wide receiver Patton. He just makes plays. 14 is too high for him and even if he is there in the second, I am just not sure that is the pick we need. I hope he ends up being a Panther but I just don't see it happening.

#26 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have always loved the NFL Draft. I am usually optimistic and try and get behind whoever we draft. The only time I can remember not being happy with who we drafted is the Clausen/Armanti draft (2010?). I was not a fan of that draft at all and was so angry when we traded away future picks to draft AE. This year is especially intriguing because there are so many players that I like and that I think would be a good fit for this team that it will be fun to see who we pick. Unlike last year I feel like there aren't many players that are definitely going in the top 10. Last year the top 10 was practically set in stone before the draft even started and I feel like it's going to be a bit more wide open this year.

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm really hoping for the negative feelings to ease with Gettleman in charge rather than Hurney.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm really hoping for the negative feelings to ease with Gettleman in charge rather than Hurney.

i'm just happy to not have this feeling of dread over me wondering what dumb draft day trade thing hurney was going to try and pull.

i swear i hated that. the guy was good at picking in the first round. not sure why he wanted so desperately to trade that away. he was just never as good a poker gambler as he thought he was. he considered himself a surfer bob protege, but it seemed like all he did was absorb the trade up for ryan leaf germ instead of the good stuff.

#29 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I wouldn't say I ever hated the draft, just sometimes didn't like what the Panthers did.

Like last year, I was happy to have Kuech. Mostly because it wasn't Quinton Coples who i was sure would be a bust

dont talk about my boy Q. Coples like that, we graduated together. he is not a bust

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

lol. coples was so overrated it's not even funny.

he is what we thought he was.

kuechly >>>> coples. not even close.

the best thing about not drafting him is i don't have to look at that incredibly ugly and painful looking brand on his arm.

#31 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

dont talk about my boy Q. Coples like that, we graduated together. he is not a bust

That bust lead his team in sacks.

#32 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

That bust lead his team in sacks.

with 5.5, which is good for a rookie, but you may him sound alot better with that quote than he really is

#33 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Mayock is talking about the possibility of Warmack going number one.

(I have a hard time buying that)

I mentioned this in another thread, but with the new rookie wage scale and questionable top flight talent in this daft, it looks like teams could just say to hell with it and draft whoever fits teir needs in the top of this daft. It's been talked about in several areas of the media that players no one expects could find themselves in e top ten. Even a stray QB or 2 could pop up at the last minute. That's wat makes this daft so intresting.

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Give me:

(FA)
Kenny Phillips SS
Luis Vazquez OG
Chris Canty DT

(Draft)
Keenan Allen/Cordarrelle Patterson WR
Xavier Rhodes/Jodan Poyer/Desmond Trufant CB

#35 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

with 5.5, which is good for a rookie, but you may him sound alot better with that quote than he really is

not only is that good for a rookie,but that is decent for any 3-4 DE.dont allow feelings to judge a player.

#36 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

not only is that good for a rookie,but that is decent for any 3-4 DE.dont allow feelings to judge a player.

true, but to be fair, since the Jets blitz so much, he gets 1 on 1 alot more than most other 3-4 ends would do