Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Pulse CB Josh Thomas

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Talks about Atlanta being fugtards at 13:40...All around good interview. He's a feisty SOB.

[url="http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Panthers-Pulse-with-CB-Josh-Thomas/a6c710d3-a554-4536-a2ab-6b990e7d7d3b"]http://www.panthers....ab-6b990e7d7d3b[/url]

Posted · Report post

dude played extremely well last year given his supposed level of talent and the situations he was forced into. i'm not comfortable with him starting (and i doubt gettleman is either) but i hope he sticks around. we need quality depth and he's a good start.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Love J. Thomas, the type of player we need to keep around for depth (and god knows we need that at CB).

Posted · Report post

It was probably more Rivera's defensive scheme than anything. He made scrubs look good in SD too.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Monday Night Shyamalan' timestamp='1361325834' post='2138958']
Love J. Thomas, the type of player we need to keep around for depth (and god knows we need that at CB).
[/quote]couldnt agree more
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's the only decent thing going about our secondary for next year.

DJ Campbell also showed promise. I think both are good to have to simply see where things can go, not necessarily be insta-starters but great for depth. You never though...they could end up really good.

All things considered, I'm fine with him as our CB2 if we make some moves for a new starter and nickel.

Posted · Report post

I thought he played well as a backup and occasional starter. I look forward to him playing even more this year,
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The way I see it, Thomas and Dockery are solid backup corners (both are great on coverage). Captain is also a good backup, but has the potential to be one of the better nickels in the league. Norman, if he gets it together, has more potential than all of them and is worth a shot to see if he improves - or he could suck. With that said, if and when Gamble gets cut, we really need an experienced, starting caliber CB, or somehow get a 3rd round pick to draft one (class is pretty deep this year).

Posted · Report post

meh

I don't see any DB we have as a #1 now that Gamble is suppose to be cut. Can't imagine anyone covering #1 receivers...

Captain will be there but he won't be tall enough...but given what we got him for Captain has done great, but he should not be the starter....really just rotational.

Posted · Report post

Our scouting dept did a nice job realizing Josh could play and getting him off waivers from Dallas.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Golden Child' timestamp='1361332832' post='2139059']
Our scouting dept did a nice job realizing Josh could play and getting him off waivers from Dallas.
[/quote]
Yeah, always wonder why a team parts ways with a guy like that. Same thing with Darius Butler.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

xavier rhodes time...sounds like an xmen superhero lol