Photo
- - - - -

To all of you defending the capping of pay...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#16 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

Nuh uhhh...aliens don't like burritos!

#17 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Nuh uhhh...aliens don't like burritos!

He meant illegal

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

theres other kinds?

#19 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

Q: Whats green and has three balls?

A: E.T. The Extra Testicle

#21 Jangler

Jangler

this is not happening

• HUDDLER
  • 47,809 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

The Republican's greatest ruse: "Yeah, sure you're not rich, but we all know you will be one day..."

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

<crickets>

#24 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

So for the sake of argument, lets say the current Admin does in fact go after McDonalds's CEO or others in the same industry.
What is stopping him from doing that?
Guys. Do you realize in less than a YEAR we have the govt owning GM, major stock holders in banks and they are just getting started.

You don't wait till the heat is at boiling to jump out of the pot. You jump the min you feel some heat.
A welfare state doesn't just have to be financially, it can be mental as well.
I fully understand the reasoning behind CEO pay and getting it lined up with whoever is determing what is fair. Probably a Fair Pay Czar and a Pay Czar will get with a Spreadsheet Czar and figure it out.
But I'm astonished at the blind Mr.Roboto's around here.
Rather than thinking it thru, something is quickly snuffed out or joked over or the usual other side of the aisle argument comes up.

#25 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

I think it as simple as this.....We have CEOs making milliions failling at their jobs...ie making a profit for there companies. They get bonuses when their companies lose money or finish the year in the red. I agree they should get paid but bonuses for poor perfomance is dumb.....Yet we have the military members making just above the poverty line. And they can get out and make 2-3-4 times what they are making in the civilian sector doing the same job or less......The benefits are nice but they do not add up......

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

I think it as simple as this.....We have CEOs making milliions failling at their jobs...ie making a profit for there companies. They get bonuses when their companies lose money or finish the year in the red. I agree they should get paid but bonuses for poor perfomance is dumb.....Yet we have the military members making just above the poverty line. And they can get out and make 2-3-4 times what they are making in the civilian sector doing the same job or less......The benefits are nice but they do not add up......

True, the key is chosen profession.
Personally for CEO pay, IF you build a company from the ground up, say a Bill Gates or Michael Dell or whomever, you can make as you stinking want.
If you have been given the keys from another CEO, maybe 200 times the lowest paid employee. I'm iffy.

I also think you need to have an Average Joe on EVERY board of a Fortune 500 in America. There has been some awful cronyism as well as incorrect group think and usually a salt of the earth, blue collar worker has the practicality and common sense to interject when these lemmings get going.

#27 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Agreed .....if you build a company from the first penny, then make all the bloody money you want....but if you "inherit" a company and fail....you shouldnt make millions.....

#28 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

I don't think I would ever let myself get in a situation where I was getting paid 10x what I am worth.

And if my decisions lost the company millions, I would be fired. Immediately.

:iagree:

#29 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

So for the sake of argument, lets say the current Admin does in fact go after McDonalds's CEO or others in the same industry.
What is stopping him from doing that?
Guys. Do you realize in less than a YEAR we have the govt owning GM, major stock holders in banks and they are just getting started.

You don't wait till the heat is at boiling to jump out of the pot. You jump the min you feel some heat.
A welfare state doesn't just have to be financially, it can be mental as well.
I fully understand the reasoning behind CEO pay and getting it lined up with whoever is determing what is fair. Probably a Fair Pay Czar and a Pay Czar will get with a Spreadsheet Czar and figure it out.
But I'm astonished at the blind Mr.Roboto's around here.
Rather than thinking it thru, something is quickly snuffed out or joked over or the usual other side of the aisle argument comes up.

The fact is we dont need czars or people to tell you how to run your business. Back in the day it was sink or swim. If these CEO's are running companies in the ground then let them Fail!!! I mean why reward a kid for crashing his car with a new one? The Gov should not be in the nanny or daddy business if these companies do bad then they should go Bankrupt just like every other business.

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,866 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:51 AM

If a company is private then it can pay whatever it wants to whomever it wants.

If a company is publically traded on a major market, savvy shareholders and the board of directors which answers to the shgareholders should take care of any obscene packages. the fact that it doesn't work either means its not broken or the shareholder process doesn't work.

Anyway I usually like the market to take care of these things. I'm curious to see hwta the result of the governemnt owning AIG, GM will be in 5 years.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com