Photo
- - - - -

To all of you defending the capping of pay...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:36 AM

Reponsibility is soooo 1980's. Get with the program folks!

#32 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

I have to agree with Pstall that we are starting to get on a very slippery slope. I was very much an Obama supporter and I still am but I believe that government is starting to take things too far when they're telling free market businesses what they can and cannot pay it's people.

If a company and its board are stupid enough to over pay a CEO (or anyone for that matter) despite poor results/performance, then that's on them plain and simple. If it causes them to fail or faulter than so be it.

#33 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

If a company is private then it can pay whatever it wants to whomever it wants.

If a company is publically traded on a major market, savvy shareholders and the board of directors which answers to the shgareholders should take care of any obscene packages. the fact that it doesn't work either means its not broken or the shareholder process doesn't work.

Anyway I usually like the market to take care of these things. I'm curious to see hwta the result of the governemnt owning AIG, GM will be in 5 years.

But those shareholders are taking the risks at their own peril. If the company does well, they share in the wealth, if not, they lose. The government shouldn't meddle in those operations, generally speaking, though.

#34 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,942 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

I don't think I would ever let myself get in a situation where I was getting paid 10x what I am worth.

Yea right. If you were offered $10 mil to do the exact job you are doing right now....you'd turn it down?

That's just stupid.

I think people that win the lotto should turn it down or have it redistributed so everybody gets a share too. :D

I swear, the liberal way of thinking just blows my mind. You guys missing a chromosome or something?

#35 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

I have to agree with Pstall that we are starting to get on a very slippery slope. I was very much an Obama supporter and I still am but I believe that government is starting to take things too far when they're telling free market businesses what they can and cannot pay it's people.

If a company and its board are stupid enough to over pay a CEO (or anyone for that matter) despite poor results/performance, then that's on them plain and simple. If it causes them to fail or faulter than so be it.

I agree (except for the Obama part) but with the disclaimer that if the CEO tanks the company, it is NOT the responsibility of the Gubment to bail them out. Sorry, that's just how I see it...

Now I probably don't have the earning potential to drop a few million in the bank per year, but I do, to make 3-400K.....Is that too much?.

Are you guys hiring?

#36 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

So for the sake of argument, lets say the current Admin does in fact go after McDonalds's CEO or others in the same industry.
What is stopping him from doing that?
Guys. Do you realize in less than a YEAR we have the govt owning GM, major stock holders in banks and they are just getting started.

You don't wait till the heat is at boiling to jump out of the pot. You jump the min you feel some heat.
A welfare state doesn't just have to be financially, it can be mental as well.
I fully understand the reasoning behind CEO pay and getting it lined up with whoever is determing what is fair. Probably a Fair Pay Czar and a Pay Czar will get with a Spreadsheet Czar and figure it out.
But I'm astonished at the blind Mr.Roboto's around here.
Rather than thinking it thru, something is quickly snuffed out or joked over or the usual other side of the aisle argument comes up.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I think that it's sheer insanity for people to support us becoming more and more dependent on our government.

#37 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

The Republican's greatest ruse: "Yeah, sure you're not rich, but we all know you will be one day..."

Ummm actually I will be.

And the lefts biggest ruse: Don't worry about a thing, we will take care of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com