Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Best burger you have ever had

98 posts in this topic

Any good hot dog joints around here?

JJ's Red Hots on East Blvd is actually pretty good for a specific hot dog place. That location never holds a restaurant so it might be worth checking out sooner than later.

Greens also has great dogs.

Remember the Frontier? That single-wide trailer that served hot dogs? Frontier and Trolly Stop for the hot dog win.

You talking about the one over off of CBR near Shipyard? That's still there.

Also used to be a really good little hole in the wall right near the intersection of College and Peachtree in an old house. Used to eat there all the time when I worked at Party Suppliers in college.

You talking about the one over off of CBR near Shipyard? That's still there.

Also used to be a really good little hole in the wall right near the intersection of College and Peachtree in an old house. Used to eat there all the time when I worked at Party Suppliers in college.

There use to be a Frontier at College and Wrightsville where the car wash is now. Then they moved over behind the fire station near the church. The one on CBR is still there??!! Wow.

Any good hot dog joints around here?

I enjoy Matt's Chicago Dog....but thats bc I can get an italian beef sammie there

Kickstand makes a mean dog.

I've only eaten the burgers and sloppy joes....the sloppy joes made me go to my parents and slap my mother for feeding me something she called a sloppy joe 25 years ago

What about Zack's off south blvd? The owners son sold me the alarm system for my house. He said they have good burgers and dogs.

There use to be a Frontier at College and Wrightsville where the car wash is now. Then they moved over behind the fire station near the church. The one on CBR is still there??!! Wow.

Damn, that was a long time ago. I don't even think I remember that Frontier you're talking about.

What about Zack's off south blvd? The owners son sold me the alarm system for my house. He said they have good burgers and dogs.

I've only eaten the fried chicken. I know the guys here at my office swear by it though

• Topics

• I have to put what others think and ask for help. My mom has been in the hospital for 32 days with no end insight. My dad, my sister and I have been with mom everday especially dad since she fell ill March 22. The medical bills are starting to come in and dad will need help. My sister and I have lost out on money from this but we are going to be okay. Dad's fed insurance will run out soon for what is going to be paid for. He is okay for personally due to having numerous hours saved from working at Cherry Point but the medical expenses are going to be astronomical. March 22 dad took mom to urgent care which tested positive with A and B flu. Her vitals were bad at CCHC so they called an ambulance to send her to Carolina East hospital. Dad was told this, so he went met her there in the ER. They waited 3 hours until they were seen by a doctor who then did not do anything else besides give mom 2 Motrin to take and him saying so she was sent to the ER with just the flu like no x rays nor anything else performed. No tamiflu, no nothing. Dad called CCHC begging for help, for tamiflu which they finally wrote out a prescription for mom. Dad had a family friend to pick up the tamiflu for them since mom was not good enough to be left by herself. For over a day her fever was 103.8. Every 4 to 6 hours dad altered between tylenol and ibuprofen to get her fever down. March 26 fever broke and she started to get a little better. She plateaued Monday and started to regress Tuesday and then Wednesday even more with a terrible cough nonstop which he was going to take her back to the doctors on Thursday. Thursday morning dad calls me at 645am to meet him at the hospital in which I did. Mom did not recognize me anf she looked like death. Thank God no one was in the ER at Vidant at the time. She was taken in instantly. Come to find out she was suffering a heart attack then the x rayed her to find both lungs filled with pneumonia severely. Then as intubation happened and all to her into ICU she went into full shock. She was on heavy sedation for 21 days before having a trach performed. She has suffered many set backs from coming off of sedation. Delirium and having the life team to come in. I have seen my mom on the edge of passing more than my fair share. Then come to find out ARDS stage 3 has hit mom and has slowed her recovery. She is at 20% lung capacity and pulmonary fibrosis is slowly setting in. Either it will be severe or mild but her lungs are still adjusting. Either way the doctor at New Bern ER did not properly treat mom and she now has a death sentence due to negligence. I need a recommendation for a malpractice lawyer. I need advise in general. I do not know who to turn too or how to handle this because I have never gone through this before. I have some connections I have made work that I will be exercising tomorrow. Please help in any form. PM or whatever. Huddle I ask humbly. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Cherry Point told my dad to take as long as needed and that they will help him some but he will need more than that. My sis started a go fund me.  https://www.gofundme.com/3povwn4 Thank you to all who read this.