Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the Huddle have a forum to discuss racial issues?

14 votes

1. 1. Should the Huddle have a FORUM for racial issues?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1361390181' post='2139701']

I think a separate forum. But for WHITE PEOPLE ONLY!
[/quote]

see...now as a mod, I should probably be warning you or giving you a vacation for that comment but it's all so inconsistent.

Posted · Report post

You have to post pics of your wedding party or your facebook profile etc. If you are not diverse you can't chime in on something you clearly aren't understanding.

Posted · Report post

Only if we can name the forum - If Cam Was White...

Posted · Report post

I don't think it needs a subforum. That's kinda what The Tinderbox is for already.

My one complaint: Per the official rules, the tactic of just calling people racist (as opposed to actually debating them on ideas) is supposedly not allowed, but some of the more common practitioners of this tactic lately have been mods.

Frankly, it's a lame, lazy tactic and your argument looks weak when you do it.

Now I'm sure some will claim "but they actually [i]are[/i] racist based on Post #XXXXX".

If you can actually [i]prove[/i] that, then why aren't they banned?

If you can't, then you're just engaging in what's [i]supposed to be[/i] disallowed; and honestly, why should anyone believe you're going to enforce a rule that you yourself regularly break?

Is it because you can't argue effectively without that particular crutch to fall back on?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk' timestamp='1361391611' post='2139736']
the thought was rather than dirty up many many threads and forums with racial bullshit, build a sandbox for it and let them fling their crap back and forth all day long!

and like Biscuit said...not offended either...just sick of it. and in my opinion, my mod powers have dwindled to the point where I don't think I can do much about it and even amoungst the group of mods/admins, we don't always agree on what stays and what goes.

thanks for asking the question Biscuit, I think it was worth seeing what the thoughts were
[/quote]
I think you worry too much about it. We can still lock and delete threads that get out of hand.

I hate modding people and only do so when there is no other option.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk' timestamp='1361391692' post='2139739']

see...now as a mod, I should probably be warning you or giving you a vacation for that comment but it's all so inconsistent.
[/quote]

Dude I am 1/16th American Indian so I know the plight of minority.

Posted · Report post

I think we should let Cantrell be the mod for the racial box. Can we do guest mods? This would also be a cure for you staunch righties who control thought here. Or at least a step in the right direction.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1361393135' post='2139781']
I think you worry too much about it. We can still lock and delete threads that get out of hand.

I hate modding people and only do so when there is no other option.
[/quote]

I don't worry about it...I just want to take some accountability to making the huddle a better place.

Posted · Report post

seems like several posters here already have a separate "forum to discuss racial issues"

it's called stormfront and it's been bleeding over into the tinderbox quite a bit here lately
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Race is brought up in a lot of threads because it is simply a part of a lot of different topics. Is it brought up too much? Yeah, but so are a lot things. If having the same arguments over again was against the rules the tinderbox wouldnt exist

The idea that a race forum would keep race out of other topics is like thinking that a Cam forum would keep him out of other threads on the panthers page. It would prevent only the most obvious ones (the thread about his girlfriend for example), but he is going to be involved in other panthers stories

Posted · Report post

If you post in the sub race forum you must wear a tux.