Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Person - Gettleman and Rivera both to speak to media at Indy this afternoon

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Gettleman says first have to get to March 12 and then develop long-range plan to get out from under cap problems.

Posted

Gettleman comments (via Person)

- First thing we have to do is get to March 12 under the cap

- The key is a "long range plan" to fix cap problems

- Sees no reason why the Panthers shouldn't be contenders this season

- Said the team has reached out to Dwan Edwards about re-signing

Posted

Looks like that's it. Not a lot.

Posted

No live streaming but there will be video of it later, on Panthers.Com of course.

Posted

On Thursday,

Carolina Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman offered hope that Jonathan Stewart and Williams could remain on the team together.

"Can we keep both of them? Again, decisions have to be made," Gettleman told reporters. "I don't see why not."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000143298/article/carolina-panthers-gm-hopes-to-keep-deangelo-williams

Posted

What Gettleman knows is that the right restructure can keep him this year and we can talk about cutting him next year when a big chunk of the dead cap space will fall in 2015 when supposedly the TV contract will make the cap go up significantly.

Posted

What Gettleman knows is that the right restructure can keep him this year and we can talk about cutting him next year when a big chunk of the dead cap space will fall in 2015 when supposedly the TV contract will make the cap go up significantly.

Would you happen to know by how much? What is the margin of the supposed increase?

Edit:

Here's the link to the Gettleman video.

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Dave-Gettleman-All-options-on-the-table/ae7fb971-562f-40b9-aea5-f2919730d1a5

1 person likes this

Posted

Recap:

We got to get to match 12th. There are lots of moving pots. What we did at the end of the season was similar to a new yak.

Posted

love every word that man said.

2 people like this

Posted

DeAngelo is here to stay. Gettleman just said as much anyways.

Future looks bright, and as much as I want to scream SuperBowl from the rooftops, that's how I got got last year.

I'm cautiously optimistic going into this year. Underneath I'm more optimistic, but on the surface I'm like "show me"

Posted

DeAngelo is here to stay. Gettleman just said as much anyways.

Future looks bright, and as much as I want to scream SuperBowl from the rooftops, that's how I got got last year.

I'm cautiously optimistic going into this year. Underneath I'm more optimistic, but on the surface I'm like "show me"

I guess it's a perspective thing. I saw it more as, Williams can stay if he restructures the way they want him to do so. Otherwise they'll do what they have to do to get the cap under this year and beyond. Meaning that Williams stay isn't as concrete as some may think. That's what I gathered from this conference anyway.