• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but what if eifert or ertz were available at our second pick? Would you guys take them or how would you react if the front office picked one? I haven't looked at them too much but both seem like they'd be starters and have a major impact in receiving and blocking. If we had a legit 2 starters at TE how would that affect our game compared to a new possible 1 or 2 at WR? Just a thought since we're worried about our receiving game.

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hell. No.

#3 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

naw. to many decent ones in later rounds. plus you might be able to get d.keller for cheap in fa.

#4 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Absolutely not. TE is not a big need for the Panthers. O-Line, D-Line, Secondary, and WR are the only positions we should look at with first 2 picks.

#5 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

We should be able to bring in someone like Dustin Keller without breaking the bank. I'd prefer to use our early picks on positions that we can't afford to go after in free agency.

OLine, DLine, secondary, WR should be where we use our early picks. They're needs and you can't get a proven quality player in free agency at those positions without paying out the ass, which isn't an option due to our cap space.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

If Eifert or Ertz is there in the 2nd, I'd pee my pant. Id rather take a reliable TE in the 2nd than taking a chance on a WR.

We can plug and play either one of them right away. Taking a WR will be a longer process. It'll give Cam a reliable target. I guess I can live with LAFAIL being the no.2 if we were able to grab Eifert or Ertz in the 2nd.

We need a redzone target for Cam. Cam has no one to their to in the end zone. The two of them can def give Cam that ability, especially Eifert. Eifert is a beast in the end zone.

#7 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I personally think Ertz and Eifert will be gone by our #44 pick so it shouldn't be an issue. That being said, I have a unhealthy love of the TE position and would love it if we grabbed someone like Joseph Fauria or Levine Toilolo to develop in the 4th or later rounds.

#8 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

If Eifert or Ertz is there in the 2nd, I'd pee my pant. Id rather take a reliable TE in the 2nd than taking a chance on a WR.

We can plug and play either one of them right away. Taking a WR will be a longer process. It'll give Cam a reliable target. I guess I can live with LAFAIL being the no.2 if we were able to grab Eifert or Ertz in the 2nd.

We need a redzone target for Cam. Cam has no one to their to in the end zone. The two of them can def give Cam that ability, especially Eifert. Eifert is a beast in the end zone.

Are you fugging kidding me? Do you know who Greg Olsen is??? Damn that could be the dumbest thing you've ever said and that's saying something...

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Are you fugging kidding me? Do you know who Greg Olsen is??? Damn that could be the dumbest thing you've ever said and that's saying something...

Okay Mr. Grammy

Tell me how many td Olsen caught in the end zone

#10 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

yes, he caught 5. More than a fourth of our Passing TDs last year. You know how many Eifert caught at ND last year? 4. Why would we draft a TE in the 2nd when we have bigger needs at OL, DL, and Secondary. Chuck, do you come on this site just to troll all of us?

#11 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

LOL

#12 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Dear god this thread.... op put the pipe down!

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I wouldn't mind Eifert in the 2nd. Didn't care for Ertz based on the videos I watched. I'd rather have Toilolo in the 4th+ though.

#14 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,392 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Doubt we pull the trigger on a TE in the second but if we do I hope we take SDSU's Gavin Escobar. Dude is a massive target that has long arms and good body control with experience playing in the slot. Has drawn comparisons to Tony Gonzalez for what it's worth. The kid would be a match-up nightmare for any CB or LB and would have a long career catching rifles from Cam. Former basketball player with great hands but pretty useless as a blocker...would need to develop there but has the size and frame to make strides in this regard. As a pure pass-catcher Escobar would be a nice selection and Cam loved having two good TE targets his rookie year.

Have a feeling he will shoot up the draft board within the next couple months.

#15 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Stop name calling. If Gettleman is serious about his BPA strategy, this is a legitimate possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com