Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd Round Tight End?

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

rather have great deep threat and great oline with a lower round tightend or fa guy with exp.

if you have to double cover smith and (wr x) thats leaves good matches for a tightend and slotwr to get open in the middle.

brady scored more with an aging star deep threat than a young prime te at his best.

Posted · Report post

rather have great deep threat and great oline with a lower round tightend or fa guy with exp.

if you have to double cover smith and (wr x) thats leaves good matches for a tightend and slotwr to get open in the middle.

brady scored more with an aging star deep threat than a young prime te at his best.

Lol. But who's a deep threat we could get in the first two rounds?

I'd love to have an OL in the first two rounds, but I just don't see it. I personally think that DT (Star/Floyd/Richardson) will be the pick at 14. And a WR or FS at 44.

WR for me it's just too long a process to develop. Eifert and Ertz are guys who can really win on one on one situation.

Posted · Report post

Lol. But who's a deep threat we could get in the first two rounds?

I'd love to have an OL in the first two rounds, but I just don't see it. I personally think that DT (Star/Floyd/Richardson) will be the pick at 14. And a WR or FS at 44.

WR for me it's just too long a process to develop. Eifert and Ertz are guys who can really win on one on one situation.

okay you might be scared abou the hit or miss wr prospect which is fair............but when is the last time a tight end won rookie of the year??? seemd like those guys dont have a huge impact their first year....i know gates,tony and gronk didnt......

looks like your argument would be better if you said draft tavon as a slot guy.....

Posted · Report post

Gronk had 550 yards and 10 TDs his rookie year.

If that's not an impact...what is?

Posted · Report post

okay you might be scared abou the hit or miss wr prospect which is fair............but when is the last time a tight end won rookie of the year??? seemd like those guys dont have a huge impact their first year....i know gates,tony and gronk didnt......

looks like your argument would be better if you said draft tavon as a slot guy.....

Lol. Who was the last WR that won ROY??

And like OPFM said above, Gronk had 10tds his rookie year.

I love these young talented receivers in this Draft but if we could get a guy like Eifert or Ertz this year and a better sure receiver in Lee or Watkins next year, we'd be giving Cam tremendous weapons to play with for the future.

Tavon is not going to be your deep threat. He's your slot guy like Cobb, Harvin or Welker. If I was looking for a deep threat, it'd be DeAndre Hopkins.

I would really love for us to go after a guy like Hartline (very affordable) in FA. A group of: 89, Olsen, Eifert/Ertz, Hartline, LaFail, etc would be really really nice.

Posted · Report post

wait let me see....oh yeah but the hof guys didnt have a impact.......

let me see percy won the roy.....ill be back.....

oh yeah thanks for the corections with gronk.....lol my bad

Posted · Report post

okay so jimmy and gronk are the only ones who did decnt out the current top 10 tightends in the first year.

like i said not many rookie tightends come and tear up the league....so no im not excited about drafting no te. sorry

give me a deep threat anyday of the week. te has his place but never will replace a true deep threat wr.

shoot newton had a better record without both tight ends...ummmph!! and basically the same stats with less int.

i dont thiink you have to spend a high draft pick on a te to get a decent redzone weapon......fauria is not even top10 in most scouts minds but he scored 13 tds(led nation)...most coming while in the redzone....with a avg young qb....way more than the E boys and pablo escobar scored.

Posted · Report post

lol tightends have never won roy....wr have won aout 10 times lol....since 1967 lol

where all those great rookie tightends man......oh word!!!!!....(they didnt use tightends back then)lol yeah right pass catching te have been around since john mackey ,ozzie newsome and, kellen winslow lol

Posted · Report post

wait let me see....oh yeah but the hof guys didnt have a impact.......

let me see percy won the roy.....ill be back.....

oh yeah thanks for the corections with gronk.....lol my bad

You can't guarantee me a WR in this Draft is going to win ROY. Also, a very good player doesn't have to win an award to be good.

Eifert and Ertz are really sure players who won't dissapoint you, and you're knowing exactly what you're getting. If we really want a "deep threat", cross your finger that Goodwin is there in the 4th. Gettleman said we need Touchdown guys. Didn't said we needed a deep threat. 89 is still a very good deep threat for us.

Giving Cam another guy like Eifert or Ertz to go along with Olsen and 89 in the endzone will improve his td passes. Also will help Cam not having to pound the ball so much in the end zone.

Posted · Report post

lol tightends have never won roy....wr have won aout 10 times lol....since 1967 lol

where all those great rookie tightends man......oh word!!!!!....(they didnt use tightends back then)lol yeah right pass catching te have been around since john mackey ,ozzie newsome and, kellen winslow lol

When did we start talking awards?

Nobody care about awards.

I care about getting a guy and here that can plug and play Day 1 and impact like Cam or Kuechly.

Posted · Report post

yeah and both cam and keek won roy.....lol

this team has had a two year losing record man.....we dont need a tightend who gonna just come in and be good. we need a guy who can come in and be great like randy moss......17 tds with over a 1000 yards....thats all im saying man.

not many tightends have a HUGGGE impact on the team in their rookie year dude...face the facts and look at the stats. lol

Posted · Report post

yeah and both cam and keek won roy.....lol

this team has had a two year losing record man.....we dont need a tightend who gonna just come in and be good. we need a guy who can come in and be great like randy moss......17 tds with over a 1000 yards....thats all im saying man.

not many tightends have a HUGGGE impact on the team in their rookie year dude...face the facts and look at the stats. lol

Lol face the fact that there ain't no 1000yds+ 17tds Randy Moss in this Draft.

If youre looking for a ROY player for us, you'd better be looking at a defensive player. Bc an OT is going to win OROY (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson)