Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA (Trade Deadline) Trade Transactions (BOBCATS acquire Josh McRoberts)

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Who are some solid free agents this summer that we may target?

Jefferson and Millsap

Posted

Winners? Rockets and Celtics stick out to me right now

Losers? The Kings. The sad ass Kings.

Posted

Yeah the Kings are terrible in every way possible. I actually feel bad for their fans. There are so many parrallels between what's going on with them and what went on here with the Hornets. Those dirtbag owners not only want to sell the team, but they want to shove it down Sacramento's throat. They won't be able to buy a cup of coffee in Sacramento when this is done. Reminds me of some guy who used to own a team here.

Looks like I was right about Thomas Robinson, too.

Posted

Jefferson and Millsap

Just my opinion, but I really doubt they take a lesser amount to come to Charlotte of all places

Posted

what about Josh Smith?

Posted

what about Josh Smith?

Didn't end up getting traded. Atlanta got cold feet.

Posted

I like Pekovic and Millsap I don't want either for the max but both will be solid players. I really wish we could sign 1 or both for around 10 mill and draft BPA in either Shabazz, McLemore, Len, and Noel.

Posted

Just my opinion, but I really doubt they take a lesser amount to come to Charlotte of all places

We can pay them a lot of money to come here. We're going to have a ton. We can even amnesty Tyrus if we have too for even more money.

Posted

We can pay them a lot of money to come here. We're going to have a ton. We can even amnesty Tyrus if we have too for even more money.

When I say they will have to take a pay cut, I mean with the new CBA it will cost players money/year to leave their current teams as you can no longer sign and trade for bird rights to still get all that $$$ with another team. So there's a limit on what any other team can give them. With I mean is I don't see a player leaving, taking less money (even if the team does not offer a contract), and play with the bobcats.

Posted

When I say they will have to take a pay cut, I mean with the new CBA it will cost players money/year to leave their current teams as you can no longer sign and trade for bird rights to still get all that $$$ with another team. So there's a limit on what any other team can give them. With I mean is I don't see a player leaving, taking less money (even if the team does not offer a contract), and play with the bobcats.

The Jazz can't keep both those guys around with Favors and Kanter waiting in the wings and there aren't a whole lot of teams out there that will be able to offer max contracts this summer.

Posted

As much as I like Jefferson, I don't want him here. Same with Pekovich (although I don't really care for him anyways). Neither guy will put us over the top.

Posted

As much as I like Jefferson, I don't want him here. Same with Pekovich (although I don't really care for him anyways). Neither guy will put us over the top.

We'd be a lot close to the top with them than Haywood.