Photo
- - - - -

NBA (Trade Deadline) Trade Transactions (BOBCATS acquire Josh McRoberts)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Who are some solid free agents this summer that we may target?

Jefferson and Millsap

#62 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,324 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Winners? Rockets and Celtics stick out to me right now

Losers? The Kings. The sad ass Kings.

#63 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah the Kings are terrible in every way possible. I actually feel bad for their fans. There are so many parrallels between what's going on with them and what went on here with the Hornets. Those dirtbag owners not only want to sell the team, but they want to shove it down Sacramento's throat. They won't be able to buy a cup of coffee in Sacramento when this is done. Reminds me of some guy who used to own a team here.

Looks like I was right about Thomas Robinson, too.

#64 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Jefferson and Millsap

Just my opinion, but I really doubt they take a lesser amount to come to Charlotte of all places

#65 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

what about Josh Smith?

#66 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,534 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

what about Josh Smith?

Didn't end up getting traded. Atlanta got cold feet.

#67 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I like Pekovic and Millsap I don't want either for the max but both will be solid players. I really wish we could sign 1 or both for around 10 mill and draft BPA in either Shabazz, McLemore, Len, and Noel.

#68 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Just my opinion, but I really doubt they take a lesser amount to come to Charlotte of all places

We can pay them a lot of money to come here. We're going to have a ton. We can even amnesty Tyrus if we have too for even more money.

#69 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

We can pay them a lot of money to come here. We're going to have a ton. We can even amnesty Tyrus if we have too for even more money.

When I say they will have to take a pay cut, I mean with the new CBA it will cost players money/year to leave their current teams as you can no longer sign and trade for bird rights to still get all that $$$ with another team. So there's a limit on what any other team can give them. With I mean is I don't see a player leaving, taking less money (even if the team does not offer a contract), and play with the bobcats.

#70 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

When I say they will have to take a pay cut, I mean with the new CBA it will cost players money/year to leave their current teams as you can no longer sign and trade for bird rights to still get all that $$$ with another team. So there's a limit on what any other team can give them. With I mean is I don't see a player leaving, taking less money (even if the team does not offer a contract), and play with the bobcats.

The Jazz can't keep both those guys around with Favors and Kanter waiting in the wings and there aren't a whole lot of teams out there that will be able to offer max contracts this summer.

#71 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

As much as I like Jefferson, I don't want him here. Same with Pekovich (although I don't really care for him anyways). Neither guy will put us over the top.

#72 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

As much as I like Jefferson, I don't want him here. Same with Pekovich (although I don't really care for him anyways). Neither guy will put us over the top.

We'd be a lot close to the top with them than Haywood.

#73 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

The Jazz can't keep both those guys around with Favors and Kanter waiting in the wings and there aren't a whole lot of teams out there that will be able to offer max contracts this summer.

We will see.... My point is a max contract will not be as much as it was in the past because their max contract will no longer be able to include bird rights. With that being said I just believe there will be many willing options out there better than the bobcats. But this is only MY opinion. Time will tell.

#74 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

We'd be a lot close to the top with them than Haywood.

But the goal is not to be close to the top. The goal is to be AT the top. Being close just gets you crappy draft picks and a handful of first and second round playoff eliminations.

#75 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Seriously, no one here would rather be a 6-seed in the playoffs than 20-102 the past two years? Really? Wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users