22 replies to this topic

#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

This is not based on who I want to draft but the more I learn about Gettlemen the more I feel this will be his pick. My guess is we will keep Gross and try to shave some from his salary unless E Fisher falls which I doubt he will.

He seems to like the athletic dlinemen and Richardson or Floyd for that matter fits that mold.Another reason is this years wr class is not elite but deep, and feel we can grab an upgrade in the 2nd round .

Not that I am good at this but I did pick Luke as our number 1 pick last year based on the severity of the injury to Beason and Cam the year before.

#2 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is not based on who I want to draft but the more I learn about Gettlemen the more I feel this will be his pick. My guess is we will keep Gross and try to shave some from his salary unless E Fisher falls which I doubt he will.

He seems to like the athletic dlinemen and Richardson fits that mold.Another reason is this years wr class is not elite but deep, and feel we can grab an upgrade in the 2nd round.

Not that I am good at this but I did pick Luke as our number 1 pick last year based on the severity of the injury to Beason

I would be thrilled with a Richardson/Hunter or Richardson/Reid combo as long as we've added RG run stuffing Dt and some secondary help in FA.

#3 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would be thrilled with a Richardson/Hunter or Richardson/Reid combo as long as we've added RG run stuffing Dt and some secondary help in FA.

That is kind of what I am thinking.We may pick up a guard and FS with a FA.There are really 2 elite guards this year but I do not see us using our number 1 on either.

#4 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

Even while Gettleman was there the Giants understood the need for a big nose tackle.

#5 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was convinced we we're taking Quinton Coples with the first round pick last year because we visited him twice. Weird things happen in the draft and it's way too early to be convinced in my opinion.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sheldon ain't so good against the run, maybe he can improve but I feel the need for a run plugging NT is much bigger than a gap shooter.

#7 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

We have enough linebackers...........:-)

#8 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sheldon ain't so good against the run, maybe he can improve but I feel the need for a run plugging NT is much bigger than a gap shooter.

The problem is it takes a DT some time to physically develop in a time where we expect so much out of 1st round picks to play now coupled is most of these guys are out early.Though I believe we will draft one I am not so sure it will give us an immediate game changer or big bang for our buck this year.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Any DT!!!!!

Richardson, Floyd, Hankins, Jesse, Jenkins

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,814 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

If we don't resign Dwan or sign Canty, DT WILL BE THE PICK AT 14

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Even if we do resign Dwan our 1st pick should be a DT, or at least our 2nd. I'd be happy enough with Sheldon, J. Williams or even Jenkins. I'd be ecstatic with Hankins or Star. I'd be very displeased if we took Floyd.

#12 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

We could take the best UT 1 or 2 and then take TJ Barnes later on. That would be pass rush and run stuff.

#13 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Here is a little write-up on Richardson including some combine numbers

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I think it's an odd draft year. He may not be the best player available but I honk he will be high enough on the board so when they look at player ranking and positional need he may come out on top. I know there are questions about DT impact the first year but I think he can make an impact and can be a 3 down player on day one.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I like Sheldon Richardson a heck of a lot more than Fletcher Cox. I would not object to him Vaccaro or one of the top LTs, Warmack. Even an athetic freak like Patterson would be cool..its the most whatever draft to me bc they all grade about equally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.