#151 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,224 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Cuts and smart spending or big dif. But yes we are leaving reallocation of funds can only help.

#152 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Stock market loves them some cuts it seems...

#153 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,758 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yeah it was totally tanking before that happened.

#154 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

or maybe "job losses and things falling apart that quickly sort of expose how horribly" underfunded most government programs (that don't involve jailing minorities or blowing up the middle east) already are

see: http://en.wikipedia....tarve_the_beast

How much more than 3.8 trillion dollars annually is needed to keep programs from being underfunded?

#155 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

That's like asking:

How much more than 250 a month is needed to make your car payment?

The answer is: However much the car actually costs per month. The "250" is just a number I pulled out of thin air.

#156 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

That's like asking:

How much more than 250 a month is needed to make your car payment?

The answer is: However much the car actually costs per month. The "250" is just a number I pulled out of thin air.

How much of your children's future is worth putting on their credit card for this "car" that they'll likely never drive?

#157 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,758 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

You just completely changed the subject.

But the answer is:

A strong economy creates jobs and revenue.

All efforts should be made to create a strong economy.

In bad economic times, government spending plays an important part in shallowing the bottom.

Cutting government spending when it is needed most actually makes it harder to get back to the better times.

We are mostly over that phase now, but the damage done by the Republicans in demanding one sided cuts and a focus on the debt, for the sole purpose of "defeating Obama" when a focus on the actual economy should have been front and center, has had it's intended effect on the economy, just not on Obama. Everyone lost on their bet.

I see Ryan trotted out the same old crap today. No Pentagon cuts, more cuts for the rich, and more screwing the regular people. Someone forgot to tell him people hated his ideas before, and people will hate them more now.

As far as "my kids" and "my credit card" goes, WWII was paid off as government spending increased because the economy kept getting stronger and stronger, and we had the highest tax rates on the rich in our history at that time. In fact it's those times that Republicans seem to want to return to but never mention how the economics worked. It's too simple about how this all works. All it takes is the ability to look at history.

Again, sure there are things we can cut and get away with, and Obama has been willing to listen to a lot of it. But "vouchers" for Medicare? That's like death panels without the panels. And that "my plan depends on repealing Obamacare" crap....for god sakes wake up, even Rick Scott knows its bullshit now, grow up.

As a Democrat, there is a perverse pleasure in seeing the Republicans continuously forced into a bad, shrinking corner built on the rhetoric they've locked into over the years, but realistically we need the Republicans to help curb the Dems excesses - unfortunately they are not able to do that because the Tea Party knuckleheads keep forcing them to come up with non starters on every issue out there which in turn digs their hole with voters deeper.

#158 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Of course Democrats are becoming the majority.

There are always more lazy and uneducated people in society than there are intelligent successes.

The whole democratic party philosophy is nothing more than buying votes.....tell people you are going to give them free poo (that need to be paid for by more successful people than they are) and they will vote for you.

#159 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

It is that time of year for Obama to hunker down, put his numbers together no matter if it takes him several days and night to complete the job at hand.

No, not the budget

His March Madness bracket is due Thursday morning next week.

#160 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Of course Democrats are becoming the majority.

There are always more lazy and uneducated people in society than there are intelligent successes.

The whole democratic party philosophy is nothing more than buying votes.....tell people you are going to give them free poo (that need to be paid for by more successful people than they are) and they will vote for you.

You vote republican because you believe they will give you free poo

Or why else would you vote for them. You clearly vote for your best interests but people be damned if they do the same as you. Leave your faux ivory tower in ballenslime to see the reality instead of being being spoon fed it by foxnews

Hypocrite

#161 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

You vote republican because you believe they will give you free poo

Or why else would you vote for them. You clearly vote for your best interests but people be damned if they do the same as you. Leave your faux ivory tower in ballenslime to see the reality instead of being being spoon fed it by foxnews

Hypocrite

I vote for personal accountability...plain and simple.

I believe in HELPING those who are busting their ass to help themselves....which are few and far between anymore.

It is NOT someone else's responsibility to support you....which is what the democrat entitilement programs have morphed into. They were originally a means of templorary help for people to get back on their feet. Now they are a means of generational support.

They do NOT incent people to take responsibility for their own lives and success. Instead, they breed a society of blaming someone else and waiting for that other person to GIVE you something.

Our history was built on people busting their ass and taking responsibility for their own lives. However, we have turned into one that is full of lazy people waiting for a hand out.

Move along.

#162 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

So in your 40+ years you have never taken any money from the govt?

#163 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

You just completely changed the subject.

But the answer is:

A strong economy creates jobs and revenue.

All efforts should be made to create a strong economy.

In bad economic times, government spending plays an important part in shallowing the bottom.

Cutting government spending when it is needed most actually makes it harder to get back to the better times.

We are mostly over that phase now, but the damage done by the Republicans in demanding one sided cuts and a focus on the debt, for the sole purpose of "defeating Obama" when a focus on the actual economy should have been front and center, has had it's intended effect on the economy, just not on Obama. Everyone lost on their bet.

I see Ryan trotted out the same old crap today. No Pentagon cuts, more cuts for the rich, and more screwing the regular people. Someone forgot to tell him people hated his ideas before, and people will hate them more now.

As far as "my kids" and "my credit card" goes, WWII was paid off as government spending increased because the economy kept getting stronger and stronger, and we had the highest tax rates on the rich in our history at that time. In fact it's those times that Republicans seem to want to return to but never mention how the economics worked. It's too simple about how this all works. All it takes is the ability to look at history.

Again, sure there are things we can cut and get away with, and Obama has been willing to listen to a lot of it. But "vouchers" for Medicare? That's like death panels without the panels. And that "my plan depends on repealing Obamacare" crap....for god sakes wake up, even Rick Scott knows its bullshit now, grow up.

As a Democrat, there is a perverse pleasure in seeing the Republicans continuously forced into a bad, shrinking corner built on the rhetoric they've locked into over the years, but realistically we need the Republicans to help curb the Dems excesses - unfortunately they are not able to do that because the Tea Party knuckleheads keep forcing them to come up with non starters on every issue out there which in turn digs their hole with voters deeper.

Maybe you can convince where no one else has. Just how much more than 3.8 trillion annually is needed for just the federal government?

WWII? Far less people. Naturally inflated market for labor. Immediate drop in spending allowed the percentage taken from GDP to drop from nearly 55% to 20% within a year's time. We then climbed to 40% taken from GDP annually around 1980...

We hovered around that mark for a couple of decades until Bush-master jacked it up another 5% when the democrats took over congress and then got the great idea to bail out fiscally irresponsible banking institutions. Now we are looking at pushing it into the damn stratosphere. Housing bubble? Education bubble? It will be NOTHING compared to the medical bubble we are inflating right now.

There is no way out of this except to print money to "cover our fiscal liabilities". Spend it while you got it... it won't be worth a damn 30 years from now. I can only hope we wreck this train before it lands in the laps of my son's generation.

The sooner we break it, the sooner we can fix it. And what I mean to say needs fixing is the attitude of the American public. Once we get a taste of real trials like what most of the rest of the world deals with on a daily basis, we will finally grow a damn backbone and do what needs to be done on our own. This whole idea that politicians are going to promise us things from ourselves to get us out of this mess is beyond retarded.

It will be then that people will finally no longer care as a rule what their neighbors make and simply take control of our own lives to fix what is wrong. Until we get to that point, this notion of wealth inequality is merely a symptom of the real problem of character that is sorely lacking for the average American citizen.

#164 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

So in your 40+ years you have never taken any money from the govt?

Other than the schools, roads, etc (which supports everyone).....NO I have not.

#165 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Other than the schools, roads, etc (which supports everyone).....NO I have not.

My mistake. I could have sworn you said you went to West Point and that your parents got govt assistance when you were younger. I might be thinking of someone else...or combining two different people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.