• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#181 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

the real problem is that people feel they need the gov to assist them period! And then where the gov gets the assistance they distribute. And the means they use to obtain that "assistance". Its all pretty much unconstitutional at this point. And its anti-community, pro-government. Thier supposed to be a non-profit organization. But starting to seem as though they are the biggest profiteers of them all.

How many jobs/opportunities are you offering them?

#182 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

How many jobs/opportunities are you offering them?

The same ones afforded to me. see i enjoy a hard days work, with the pride and accomplishment I feel after a job well done. I like to earn and know i desrerve all I have consumed. I would never feel the need to ask for handouts. cause I wake up everyday and ask my self what I can accomplish. And until I have achieved my goals for the day i do not rest. But thats the difference between me and most people. I don't expect life to be easy or fair. I don't think i should always get my way or everything should live forever. I persevere in the trials and tribulations of life, because I believe life never gives you more than you can handle. So I consider hardlife a compliment. But if i ever fall on hard enough times, i know my friends, family and community has got my back because of the character and reputation I have developed through years of hard-work and charitable contributions. which translates into, " i make my own opportunities!"

#183 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Lol at a hard days work...what are you building pyramids?

I would say that maybe 2-3% of us actually work "hard".

I'm busy as hell usually (thanks huddle) but the work I do isn't hard. I doubt yours, pstalls, madhatters, cookingwithgas,etc work "hard"

#184 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sorry, when I see lazy welfare queen it is usually a racist remark.

I don't care how many people cheat the system nor how much it costs.

They are a problem, disagree?

I do agree. The main people cheating the system are corporations and the wealthy. That is why I want all the loopholes closed. They are costing the government more money than the poor by a long shot.

As far as poor people or people in need of assistance cheating the system, that ignores the people who need these programs to survive that aren't cheating the system.

Would you have them starve or become homeless just because of the people taking advantage of these programs?

What is the difference between some poor people gaming the system and corporations and wealthy using tax loopholes that weren't intended for them to avoid paying full taxes?

#185 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

The same ones afforded to me. see i enjoy a hard days work, with the pride and accomplishment I feel after a job well done. I like to earn and know i desrerve all I have consumed. I would never feel the need to ask for handouts. cause I wake up everyday and ask my self what I can accomplish. And until I have achieved my goals for the day i do not rest. But thats the difference between me and most people. I don't expect life to be easy or fair. I don't think i should always get my way or everything should live forever. I persevere in the trials and tribulations of life, because I believe life never gives you more than you can handle. So I consider hardlife a compliment. But if i ever fall on hard enough times, i know my friends, family and community has got my back because of the character and reputation I have developed through years of hard-work and charitable contributions. which translates into, " i make my own opportunities!"

Let's say they do have your back but the hard times is more than they can help with. What then?

#186 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,762 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I could totally see GW Bush saying this too.

#187 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I do agree. The main people cheating the system are corporations and the wealthy. That is why I want all the loopholes closed. They are costing the government more money than the poor by a long shot.

As far as poor people or people in need of assistance cheating the system, that ignores the people who need these programs to survive that aren't cheating the system.

Would you have them starve or become homeless just because of the people taking advantage of these programs?

What is the difference between some poor people gaming the system and corporations and wealthy using tax loopholes that weren't intended for them to avoid paying full taxes?

I don't care if it is the rich or the poor cheating the system it should be stopped. Sorry but when I see someone with their new iphone in one hand and a ebt in the other its a problem. When the wealthy cheat with taxes its the same thing. I never said the rich don't cheat, I consider them both to be the problem... Just because they are stealing less shouldn't make them exempt.

#188 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Lol at a hard days work...what are you building pyramids?

I would say that maybe 2-3% of us actually work "hard".

I'm busy as hell usually (thanks huddle) but the work I do isn't hard. I doubt yours, pstalls, madhatters, cookingwithgas,etc work "hard"

there is a distinction between hard and stressful no?

working smarter not harder makes more sense on so many levels. now, there are some jobs that are hands and feet, all day long and that is hard. is the person working smart or hard or both? could be any combo.

each person, at some point, will gravitate to something that interests them. or, a direct aversion of what they use to do, due to the fact of how hard it was.

as each person moves up in whatever field they are in, you should be reallocating your own skills and moving from labor intensive to more interpersonal. some guys flat out enjoy the hard stuff. maybe there is a sense of satisfaction they like. it might be its zero challenge to them. it could be they were burnt out from a job where the work wasn't hard, but totally stressful.

but i don't place a higher value on someone because they work hard and get swamp ass. now, depending on the job itself and the overall impact, then my value will go up.

for my line of work and my background, i wouldn't consider it hard. some of my peers my disagree. however, it's pretty stressful but has it's moments of great satisfaction.

in the eye of the beholder i guess.

#189 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

I don't care if it is the rich or the poor cheating the system it should be stopped. Sorry but when I see someone with their new iphone in one hand and a ebt in the other its a problem. When the wealthy cheat with taxes its the same thing. I never said the rich don't cheat, I consider them both to be the problem... Just because they are stealing less shouldn't make them exempt.

While I understand your frustration, there is a reason this is never dealt with. There have been Republican controlled government, and Democratic controlled government and neither have seriously gone after those who take advantage of the system.

There is reason for it. Analysis after analysis shows that it would actually cost the government more money to investigate, prosecute, and incarcerate these people, rather than accepting some people will take advantage of the system.

#190 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

No you couldn't. he's a progressive who expanded the fed gov. The exact opposite of the way i live my life. you don't know me and obviously don't know half as much as you think you do.

#191 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

No you couldn't. he's a progressive who expanded the fed gov. The exact opposite of the way i live my life. you don't know me and obviously don't know half as much as you think you do.

#192 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

#193 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Let's say they do have your back but the hard times is more than they can help with. What then?

LOL! You act like gov dependance is as old as the hills. Like people can"t survive without gov intervention. What if the gov crashes your economy and can't give away money people worked hard for anymore? What then? Is China gonna come bail you out? LOL!

#194 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

I wonder if I could go to a bank and borrow money using my kid's future earnings as collateral.

#195 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

LOL! You act like gov dependance is as old as the hills. Like people can"t survive without gov intervention.

Not dependence, safety net. I'm well aware that its a recent development in human history & I see it as a good thing.

What if the gov crashes your economy and can't give away money people worked hard for anymore? What then? Is China gonna come bail you out? LOL!

Take their chances with friends & family, or do their best to work through it. Also, going to a different country that has a safety net would be an option for some.

See what I did there? Instead of trying to deflect, I answered your question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.