#196 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Not dependence, safety net. I'm well aware that its a recent development in human history & I see it as a good thing.

Take their chances with friends & family, or do their best to work through it. Also, going to a different country that has a safety net would be an option for some.

See what I did there? Instead of trying to deflect, I answered your question.

I wasn't trying to deflect. i just can't understand how people blindly place thier faith in this gov whose track record is absolutely awful. Mainly because they think throwing money around solves problems. Ask the people affected by natural disasters how well the gov helped. Sandy victims in some areas still have no power and can't go home. But we made damn sure they could vote. We blamed Bush for katrina, but maybe fema is a failure that has so much money tied up in it that its now to big too fail? Ironic that they can paint themselves as a safety net when they are the cause of most of the problems we endure.

#197 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,233 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

So what % of people on welfare do you think cheat the system?

What's the $ volume?

Btw I didn't bring race into this...thanks

The issue is not just the people who cheat the system. It is also those who work the system.

Those people who spend their entire lives on government assistance without once doing something themselves to better their situation.

That us the bigger issue

#198 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

The same ones afforded to me. see i enjoy a hard days work, with the pride and accomplishment I feel after a job well done. I like to earn and know i desrerve all I have consumed. I would never feel the need to ask for handouts. cause I wake up everyday and ask my self what I can accomplish. And until I have achieved my goals for the day i do not rest. But thats the difference between me and most people. I don't expect life to be easy or fair. I don't think i should always get my way or everything should live forever. I persevere in the trials and tribulations of life, because I believe life never gives you more than you can handle. So I consider hardlife a compliment. But if i ever fall on hard enough times, i know my friends, family and community has got my back because of the character and reputation I have developed through years of hard-work and charitable contributions. which translates into, " i make my own opportunities!"

What happens to you if you lose your job, your friends and family and community (who by the way provides government funded support) are more concerned with paying their own mortgages, car payments, credit cards etc...Let's take it a step further, what if your situation remains the same for 6 months, a year, two years....You my friend are probably young (just guessing) haven't really gone through real struggle, and therefore your position is based on an assumption of "it can't/won't happen to me". Here is real life, their are a lot of MBA's with years of experience right now running around without jobs.........

#199 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I agree that that is an issue. Is it more of an issue than others? That is where we differ.

I think you hate lazy people....and that is completely fine. I'm not very fond of people who game the system.

McCrory approached UE completely wrong. he should not have lowered the weekly amount he should have reduced the number of weeks one could be on it.

I am not willing to punish the majority for what a minority does. Are you ok supporting the working poor....like those who provide work and services but cannot afford the rising cost of living along stagnant wages?

I am.

#200 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

McCrory approached UE completely wrong. he should not have lowered the weekly amount he should have reduced the number of weeks one could be on it.

People were going to gnash teeth regardless.

We were taking the state further in debt.

The bill cuts the maximum weekly unemployment benefit from $535 to $350 and replaces 26 weeks of state-paid benefits with a sliding cap of 12 to 20 weeks, based on the health of North Carolina's economy. It also slightly raises unemployment insurance taxes on employers.

But what's that got to do with Obama's sequestration.

#201 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

People were going to gnash teeth regardless.

We were taking the state further in debt.

But what's that got to do with Obama's sequestration.

What would you have done?

So now we have to stay on topic?

#202 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Personally...I would've put the sliding scale to the lower amount on weeks...kept the value the same, BUT once the lower scale met...reduce until the new week cap.

You broke and can't find a job within that amount of time? Maybe you need to apply for welfare, sell assets, etc.

But...he sees the numbers and probably has a better grasp of the persons receiving these benefits.

I'm sure it wasn't an arbitrary decision. State was digging a debt hole with two shovels.

#203 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

I wasn't trying to deflect. i just can't understand how people blindly place thier faith in this gov whose track record is absolutely awful.

I can't speak for any one else but I'm not blindly placing faith in anything.

Mainly because they think throwing money around solves problems. Ask the people affected by natural disasters how well the gov helped. Sandy victims in some areas still have no power and can't go home. But we made damn sure they could vote.

I have actually. Sandy, Katrina, the floods in WI a few years back, I know people who
ere helped by the government in each & were greatful.

]We blamed Bush for katrina, but maybe fema is a failure that has so much money tied up in it that its now to big too fail? Ironic that they can paint themselves as a safety net when they are the cause of most of the problems we endure.

What's ironic is that you insist you're not deflecting, yet you continue to dodge my question.

#204 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Now that I know FEMA is the cause of most of the problems I endure, I can sleep easier.

#205 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

What happens to you if you lose your job, your friends and family and community (who by the way provides government funded support) are more concerned with paying their own mortgages, car payments, credit cards etc...Let's take it a step further, what if your situation remains the same for 6 months, a year, two years....You my friend are probably young (just guessing) haven't really gone through real struggle, and therefore your position is based on an assumption of "it can't/won't happen to me". Here is real life, their are a lot of MBA's with years of experience right now running around without jobs.........

you're not even close bud. I've had to play poker for a living while unemployed. i have stayed out on the streets. Always fight back though. I'm sorry that people who question my posts don't have the bonds and values that my family holds. But we have and will always look after one another. Because none of us are rich we have become very good at this. Plus its nothing new. Government dependance is.

#206 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I can't speak for any one else but I'm not blindly placing faith in anything.

I have actually. Sandy, Katrina, the floods in WI a few years back, I know people who
ere helped by the government in each & were greatful.

What's ironic is that you insist you're not deflecting, yet you continue to dodge my question.

I have already answered you with my original post. I am sorry that family unity is so hard for you to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com