Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real Reason McCrory Cut NC Unemployment

68 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm ready to build an I-585 loop

Posted

he's so slimy. Just get charlotte some more road funding and try not to rape anymore poor ppl plz, thx.

$3 billion in road projects in Charlotte over the last few years (announced, not all under construction, but much is). I think we're doing alright for road funding lately.

Posted

I thought that and the unemployment cut was completely despicable and foolish for an incoming Gov.

Work on the process of unemployment. (GO online, say you have applied to jobs, collect checks) That's too easy. Get people to send in responses from applications, build up skill sets, things like that.

That would weed out people who corrupt the system and get more workers in the workforce improving the economy.

Calling the department heads pay increases as something to "help them take care of their families" made me want to vomit.

Many of the State workers that got laid off last year and the year before have yet to get work again. So he cuts their help and increases the pay for his cronies.

Very disappointed.

Posted

Drop in the bucket compared to the millions "lost" in other departments. Maybe these peope are actually working now.

Posted

Unlike many liberals, the conservatives on this board will call out bullshit when we see it.

And this is bullshit.

Posted

I think I remember g5 complaining about our last governor increasing her staff's pay.

Posted

I think I remember g5 complaining about our last governor increasing her staff's pay.

I did?

McCrory hasn't overseen a budget where state employee's compensation has been decided to go up or down YET.

Posted

Unlike many liberals, the conservatives on this board will call out bullshit when we see it.

And this is bullshit.

Well, except for G5 apparently.

At least you are consistent in your views. I'm never a fan of politicians getting pay raises unless they are grossly underpaid and in a position that does not allow them to hold a full time job. This is not the case here.

Posted

There is a difference between a conservative and a Republican. Conservatives do speak out on bullshit even if it's their own party. Republicans just carry water for their own. Not naming names ;)

Posted

I'll reserve judgement to compare his entire administration budget costs.