teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,345 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

http://www.wral.com/...aders/12136669/

So? That is called politics.

As much as I hate it. any and every party and their affiliates does this.

Remember when the conservatives asked small businesses to stop hiring during one of the biggest recessions in US history literally just to spite Obama and try to beat him in 2012?

Economic terrorism, especially during a recession, is 10x worse than anything I just read in that memo about pressuring Republican leaders and trying to drive news media narrative.

#62 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,345 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

The other thing that memo shows is that people pay a lot of money on polling, etc. just to give bad advice.

#63 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

http://www.wral.com/...aders/12136669/

I find this detestable, but let's not pretend they're the only ones doing it.

Remember when either Boener or Reid (don't remember which) said that their priority was to "deny President Obama a second term."

They spent the entire 4 years he was in office trying to defeat him and failed. They should be there working for the benefit of the American people, not trying to spite the president because their party lost the election. Maybe nothing would have gotten accomplished if they had tried, or even gave the illusion of trying, to work with the Democrats, but they didn't.

The story you linked is pretty much everything that is wrong with politics and both sides do it. Everyone suffers.

#64 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Boehner isn't a 501c3

#65 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I find this detestable, but let's not pretend they're the only ones doing it.

Remember when either Boener or Reid (don't remember which) said that their priority was to "deny President Obama a second term."

They spent the entire 4 years he was in office trying to defeat him and failed. They should be there working for the benefit of the American people, not trying to spite the president because their party lost the election. Maybe nothing would have gotten accomplished if they had tried, or even gave the illusion of trying, to work with the Democrats, but they didn't.

The story you linked is pretty much everything that is wrong with politics and both sides do it. Everyone suffers.

Actually, McConnell said it and I don't think he said it until half way through Obamas first term

#66 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Actually, McConnell said it and I don't think he said it until half way through Obamas first term

Doesn't really change the point.

#67 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Doesn't really change the point.

Nope, doesn't change the fact that McConnell said a stupid thing.

Since Pubs had been shut out of meetings, had no say at all for the first 2 years in anything, the 2010 change in the House must have given him a bit too much mouth as far as false confidence.

Most of DC is always in campaign mode however, unfortunately.

#68 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's unfortunate when Republicans do it
It's un American and dividing the country when Democrats do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com