Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

" » The Carolina Panthers sure sound like they want to de-emphasize the read-option as part of their offense"

67 posts in this topic

Is Gettleman now the offensive coordinator?

The "One Year Wonder"...

- plays in one of the toughest divisions in football

- manages to make the playoffs on a regular basis playing out of that tough division

- won two of the last five Super Bowls

- beat the team you admire in convincing fashion for their most recent ring

The team you want to model after...

- plays in a division for which "cupcake" would be a compliment

- hasn't won a Super Bowl in coming up on ten years

- stopped winning Super Bowls after their methods for cheating were exposed

- lost it's last two championship tries to the "One Year Wonder"

:lol:

Game.....set....match.

BlueBoy.....hit the showers. You are done for the day.

we'll see about that. There are people who wins the lotto twice. They should open a school to teach how to win lotto. Fail!

Probably the worst and most idiotic thing every posted on the huddle.

Congrats

I'd take one lucky Super Bowl

Exactly! That Friday morning I'm taking off work and getting drunk from Friday at 12:00 A.M. till the Super Bowl starts. IF we make it to another before I die.

Probably the worst and most idiotic thing every posted on the huddle.

Congrats

Can you just edit his avatar to put "Boner of the year award?"

Sounds too cool. How about Twat of the Week

There is an articale on nfl.com talking about this. The team wants to focus on a vertical passing game and a power running game. http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000143675/carolina-panthers-gm-wants-cam-newton-in-the-pocket/

Also in another article( believe its the same one in this thread), Gettleman gave some assurance that D. Will will be with the team in the future. If its already posted, I apologize in advance.

All I got from any of this is we are going to try and run the offense the same way we did at the end of the season. I am cool with that.

My main beef has been people blaming the read option for our troubles at the beginning of the season. The read option itself wasn't the problem, it is how this team was running it.

The two most important things for a team running a lot of read option play is pace and to audible at the line of scrimmage. We did neither.

It is going to be very interesting to see what Chip Kelly does in Philly. I will be keeping a close eye on them because he is the first guy who has real knowledge on how to run a spread read option offense. I will admit that I am actually not the biggest fan of his offense as an NFL offense because they have a lot of East/West running and not enough North/South. But it is going to be exciting

My worries with Gettleman is not this season, but the next coaching hire if RR is fired.

1 person likes this

This is bad trolling even by huddle standards. PFFL seemed thoughtful and intelligent by comparison.

Edit: not you teeray. Didn't realize I wasn't on the last page.

lol what happened in this thread.

some serious trollin going on.

1275905143_raging-midget.gif