Photo
- - - - -

" » The Carolina Panthers sure sound like they want to de-emphasize the read-option as part of their offense"

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Listen to the presser from today and you'll get that impression too.

Bruce Arians was also in the news knocking it today (link)

Gantt gets it wrong in thinking that it's anti-mobile QBs though. It's about guys that can run a pro-style system. You don't have to be slow and unathletic to be able to do that.

All the 4 dual threat QBs in the league can run a pro-style offense. Useless point to make. Unless Aryan is saying something else. Aryan will get fired in 3 years or less. His division have 2 dual threat QBs in it and he'll be in the bottom of that division for a long time.

#17 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'd take one lucky Super Bowl

I'll take one undeserved, BS, pulled out of your ass, easiest road to the championship, refs absolutely blew it, somebody was on 'roids, that was a push-off, how did they miss that call Super Bowl.

#18 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Fun fact: winning a super bowl with luck is still winning a super bowl.

I'd rather have a dominant team that's always a favorite to win like NE rather than a 1 year wonder that barely make the playoffs afterwards.

#19 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

smokescreen

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,774 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

I'd rather have a dominant team that's always a favorite to win like NE rather than a 1 year wonder that barely make the playoffs afterwards.

The "One Year Wonder"...

- plays in one of the toughest divisions in football
- manages to make the playoffs on a regular basis playing out of that tough division
- won two of the last five Super Bowls
- beat the team you admire in convincing fashion for their most recent ring

The team you want to model after...

- plays in a division for which "cupcake" would be a compliment
- hasn't won a Super Bowl in coming up on ten years
- stopped winning Super Bowls after their methods for cheating were exposed
- lost it's last two championship tries to the "One Year Wonder"

:lol:

#21 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Since Bruce is building a more 'traditional' Aryan team, can we get Larry Fitzgerald since he doesn't seem to fit the Aryan mold?

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,774 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Quick Tip: if you really wanna debate in favor of the read option offense, using any of the following points makes your argument look ridiculously stupid...

- some coaches and GMs hate mobile quarterbacks (not true, they dislike lousy passers, mobile or not)
- "mobile quarterback" and "read option quarterback" automatically means "black quarterback" (not the same thing)
- people who don't like the read option are trying to oppress black quarterbacks (ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are just trying to protect an old guard "good ole boy" system that's entrenched in the NFL (equally ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are secretly racist (incredibly ignorant)

Trying to minimize the Super Bowl victories of teams that don't run read option systems is a very dumbass tactic as well.

If you want to argue for the system, then feel free, but do so using rational, logical points.

None of those listed above fit that description.

#23 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

The "One Year Wonder"...

- plays in one of the toughest divisions in football
- manages to make the playoffs on a regular basis playing out of that tough division
- won two of the last five Super Bowls
- beat the team you admire in convincing fashion for their most recent ring

The team you want to model after...

- plays in a division for which "cupcake" would be a compliment
- hasn't won a Super Bowl in coming up on ten years
- stopped winning Super Bowls after their methods for cheating were exposed
- lost it's last two championship tries to the "One Year Wonder"

:lol:

Like it or not, the giants was NOT a team to envy and was never a team to beat. If they were that well recruited with that defense they should have been the favorite to win the superbowl. But instead they sneak into the playoffs every year with barely a winning season. The eagles dominated that division with pinkston as their top receiver and McNabb running all over them. If this is the poo he is bringing here that's gonna be depressing for a long time to come. One thing I will give him is Eli had a great OL.

One more thing, I never even watch a patriot game in my life unless they're playing my team.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

"I want us to be like the team I never watch and have no idea how is run but I know they win"

Alright who is this

#25 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Quick Tip: if you really wanna debate in favor of the read option offense, using any of the following points makes your argument look ridiculously stupid...

- some coaches and GMs hate mobile quarterbacks (not true, they dislike lousy passers, mobile or not)
- "mobile quarterback" and "read option quarterback" automatically means "black quarterback" (not the same thing)
- people who don't like the read option are trying to oppress black quarterbacks (ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are just trying to protect an old guard "good ole boy" system that's entrenched in the NFL (equally ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are secretly racist (incredibly ignorant)

Trying to minimize the Super Bowl victories of teams that don't run read option systems is a very dumbass tactic as well.

If you want to argue for the system, then feel free, but do so using rational, logical points.

None of those listed above fit that description.

You said it. I didn't. Sounds like those points you make are deeply entrenched in your mind but fear ridicule if you say them. You seem to know more about it than I do. Ummm! Interesting!

If you think it, what makes you sure a dumb coach can't think it? Because they're so much better than you? Righhht!

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,774 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Like it or not, the giants was NOT a team to envy and was never a team to beat. If they were that well recruited with that defense they should have been the favorite to win the superbowl. But instead they sneak into the playoffs every year with barely a winning season. The eagles dominated that division with pinkston as their top receiver and McNabb running all over them. If this is the poo he is bringing here that's gonna be depressing for a long time to come. One thing I will give him is Eli had a great OL.

One more thing, I never even watch a patriot game in my life unless they're playing my team.

Ya know, call me crazy, but I prefer actually winning the Super Bowl to "being the favorite".

Pretty sure nobody in the Giants organization is looking at their rings right now and thinking "Man, it's all just empty because we weren't favored. If only people had expected us to win..."

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,774 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

You said it. I didn't. Sounds like those points you make are deeply entrenched in your mind but fear ridicule if you say them. You seem to know more about it than I do. Ummm! Interesting!

If you think it, what makes you sure a dumb coach can't think it? Because they're so much better than you? Righhht!

Did you take a class on "how to debate poorly" or is it just natural talent?

Oh, and this link might interest you...

http://www.carolinah...-back-on-track/

You might wanna check it out before continuing with what you've been doing.

(in fact, I'd strongly suggest it)

#28 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Did you take a class on "how to debate poorly" or is it just natural talent?

Oh, and this link might interest you...

http://www.carolinah...-back-on-track/

You might wanna check it out before continuing with what you've been doing.

(in fact, I'd strongly suggest it)

Fatality. Mr. Scot Wins!

#29 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Cam, Wilson, Kaepernick, RG3 are lousy passers? Really! Then what's the standard?

walk like a duck, quack like a duck, definitely not a chicken.

Not too far-fetch. They did it before. History does repeat itself A LOT.

Sounds like you're definitely thinking about it too. Great minds think alike but we're on different 'team'. And it's so logical. So matter of fact.

A white racist GM/coach; yea, that never happen!

I don't minimize non-option team. I just think dual threat QBs are better. While frail, lazy, feminine-like pocket passers are as good as their receivers because they add no other dimension to their team. And whether coaches/GMs like it or not, real athletes will continue to play QB and the playoffs will always be highly represented by athletic QBs. It's ironic Arians doesn't like dual threat QBs but the top 2 playoffs team in his division are dual threat. It's gonna be interesting. And he is gonna need 'non-traditional' defensive players to stop those guys. Can't wait!

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,774 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Cam, Wilson, Kaepernick, RG3 are lousy passers? Really! Then what's the standard?

walk like a duck, quack like a duck, definitely not a chicken.

Not too far-fetch. They did it before. History does repeat itself A LOT.

Sounds like you're definitely thinking about it too. Great minds think alike but we're on different 'team'. And it's so logical. So matter of fact.

A white racist GM/coach; yea, that never happen!

I don't minimize non-option team. I just think dual threat QBs are better. While frail, lazy, feminine-like pocket passers are as good as their receivers because they add no other dimension to their team. And whether coaches/GMs like it or not, real athletes will continue to play QB and the playoffs will always be highly represented by athletic QBs. It's ironic Arians doesn't like dual threat QBs but the top 2 playoffs team in his division are dual threat. It's gonna be interesting. And he is gonna need 'non-traditional' defensive players to stop those guys. Can't wait!

Quick question: How is this quoted post similar to a perfect crime?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.