Photo
- - - - -

" » The Carolina Panthers sure sound like they want to de-emphasize the read-option as part of their offense"

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,724 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

"I want us to be like the team I never watch and have no idea how is run but I know they win"

Alright who is this

There's a couple of options...

Could be somebody using an alt to play the fool. The mods had cracked down on that sort of thing a while back, but might not have noticed this one.

Could be your garden variety troll. The posts are definitely off the wall enough for that, though generally I expect a little smarter material from someone trolling. This stuff? Oy.

Or it could be someone who's underage and slipped through the process. The maturity level of the posts would make me think no older than fourteen (fifteen would be generous) and maybe even younger.

I tend toward Option C myself, but none of them would surprise me much.

Results are the same regardless. The quality of the discussion takes a nose dive as soon as they join it.

#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,636 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

we'll see about that. There are people who wins the lotto twice. They should open a school to teach how to win lotto. Fail!

getting hot and playing theit best football during December and January is luck?

Please, stop posting.

#33 Im-Alweys-R8

Im-Alweys-R8

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

blueboy u would have a few great points but you overexxagerate everything man. lol

brady made his wr ...dude had no star...evn though they were doing spy gate....but im just saying....just do the eye test.

great qbs put the ball in the right place for wr, they lead them open, throw the ball where only they can get it and they have great deep balls that hit the wr in STRIDE so they dont have to slow down...which results in tds.......

a qb makes wr.....and they compliment great wr. what is larry fitzgerald doing ...........he needs a great qb bad......if he had brady dude would be lights out.....shoot he was great with old man kurt. even a solid qb like flacco would wonders for the guy lol

yes mobile qbs do add a another threat only if used right though. if you are injured you cant help the team win no matter how good u are. and yes a guy that could throw like tom brady and run like peterson would be better than the normal qb....but its all about finding that perfect blend to hone their the craft.

now i feel you are unfair with black qb hate....if it was that STRONG mike vick would not have been in the league....and gotten a 100 mill contract......

is their black qb hate or black hate in general...YES.....but you overrate that stuff man... i feel u ruin your argument by bringing race into the subject matter too much.

i heard pete prisco say that the pistol formation is alright because its just another formation....but he thinks the read option is a gimmick like the wildcat.

to me read option aint bad if used at the right times. its used to confuse the opponents from time to time but not a base offense. dont know if you noticed but kap was throwing alot in that superbowl.....san fran never overused the read option to me...

and when you have a qb with the ability to run, he doesnt need the read option......didnt mike vick already run for over a 1000 yards...didnt see him using read option.

#34 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

There's a couple of options...

Could be somebody using an alt to play the fool. The mods had cracked down on that sort of thing a while back, but might not have noticed this one.

Could be your garden variety troll. The posts are definitely off the wall enough for that, though generally I expect a little smarter material from someone trolling. This stuff? Oy.

Or it could be someone who's underage and slipped through the process. The maturity level of the posts would make me think no older than fourteen (fifteen would be generous) and maybe even younger.

I tend toward Option C myself, but none of them would surprise me much.

Results are the same regardless. The quality of the discussion takes a nose dive as soon as they join it.

I'm trolling because I disagree with you and Aryan's 'traditional' statement? Don't worry, whether you and I agree, Aryan will get his traditional QB(Alex Smith) and get smacked in the division for years to come by the two 'un-traditional' QBs(Kaep & Wilson). This debate is pointless. I have my opinion and you have yours. It's your world. You're white, unhappy, and complaining, and you'll get what you want. who is better than you! Let's move on. Go Cam! The un-traditional QB.

#35 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

blueboy u would have a few great points but you overexxagerate everything man. lol

brady made his wr ...dude had no star...evn though they were doing spy gate....but im just saying....just do the eye test.

great qbs put the ball in the right place for wr, they lead them open, throw the ball where only they can get it and they have great deep balls that hit the wr in STRIDE so they dont have to slow down...which results in tds.......

a qb makes wr.....and they compliment great wr. what is larry fitzgerald doing ...........he needs a great qb bad......if he had brady dude would be lights out.....shoot he was great with old man kurt. even a solid qb like flacco would wonders for the guy lol

yes mobile qbs do add a another threat only if used right though. if you are injured you cant help the team win no matter how good u are. and yes a guy that could throw like tom brady and run like peterson would be better than the normal qb....but its all about finding that perfect blend to hone their the craft.

now i feel you are unfair with black qb hate....if it was that STRONG mike vick would not have been in the league....and gotten a 100 mill contract......

is their black qb hate or black hate in general...YES.....but you overrate that stuff man... i feel u ruin your argument by bringing race into the subject matter too much.

i heard pete prisco say that the pistol formation is alright because its just another formation....but he thinks the read option is a gimmick like the wildcat.

to me read option aint bad if used at the right times. its used to confuse the opponents from time to time but not a base offense. dont know if you noticed but kap was throwing alot in that superbowl.....san fran never overused the read option to me...

and when you have a qb with the ability to run, he doesnt need the read option......didnt mike vick already run for over a 1000 yards...didnt see him using read option.

Vick ran for 1000 yards but got hit a lot. The read option help diminish that through misdirection.

Some people are traditionalist but that's the wrong field for it. Sports cannot and will not stay static. To say you want a 'traditional' QB sends the wrong message. A lot of people are born fast but they so happen to be able to sling a football as well. Where does that leave that guy on a team that only demand 'traditional' QBs? A change of position, maybe?

You probably thinking by traditional Aryan meant pocket passers? Well, all of the dual threat QBs(Cam, Kaep, Wilson, RG3) are also pocket passers. Thus, that's a mute statement. So, 'traditional' in this context does not mean pocket passers.

Regarding the QB making the WR statement: I wouldn't agree with that. I believe the more athletic player on the field carries the least athletic onces. There is a reason some positions are played by very athletic people and others not. WRs have a high failure rate. If QBs were that great at making WRs great there wouldn't be that many failed WRs. Jumping over 2 DBs going after your rib is surely harder than throwing a football in a vicinity where the WR make the adjustment. Irrespective of accuracy. Nobody makes Moss, Calvin, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, etc. Those guys can catch a football even if my girlfriend was throwing them the ball. They make average QBs look great. I don't know a mediocre WR that can't catch who become great because they're playing for a great QB. Catching a football while running 23 mph is an innate ability.

Anyway, I appreciate your opinion.

#36 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

getting hot and playing theit best football during December and January is luck?

Please, stop posting.

Valid point if this were gambling, but this is sports. If the Giants played the Patriots 10 times that year they'd probably win only 2. It took them a prayer sideline catch and a drop pass for a 1st down by the sure-handed Welker for them to win that superbowl.

And don't forget the helmet catch. Eli didn't throw the ball to the receiver, the receiver didn't catch the football but it stuck in his helmet. How incredible was that! Lol

#37 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,542 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Vick ran for 1000 yards but got hit a lot. The read option help diminish that through misdirection.

Some people are traditionalist but that's the wrong field for it. Sports cannot and will not stay static. To say you want a 'traditional' QB sends the wrong message. A lot of people are born fast but they so happen to be able to sling a football as well. Where does that leave that guy on a team that only demand 'traditional' QBs? A change of position, maybe?

You probably thinking by traditional Aryan meant pocket passers? Well, all of the dual threat QBs(Cam, Kaep, Wilson, RG3) are also pocket passers. Thus, that's a mute statement. So, 'traditional' in this context does not mean pocket passers.

Regarding the QB making the WR statement: I wouldn't agree with that. I believe the more athletic player on the field carries the least athletic onces. There is a reason some positions are played by very athletic people and others not. WRs have a high failure rate. If QBs were that great at making WRs great there wouldn't be that many failed WRs. Jumping over 2 DBs going after your rib is surely harder than throwing a football in a vicinity where the WR make the adjustment. Irrespective of accuracy. Nobody makes Moss, Calvin, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, etc. Those guys can catch a football even if my girlfriend was throwing them the ball. They make average QBs look great. I don't know a mediocre WR that can't catch who become great because they're playing for a great QB. Catching a football while running 23 mph is an innate ability.

Anyway, I appreciate your opinion.

Dude. Come down off you high horse. Even when you appear to be civil, you come off as pretensious and arrogant.

If you believe that athletic QBs just started arriving in the NFL you are sadly mistaken. Plenty of guys have been able to run and sling it around. From the early days you had Sammy Baugh. From the middle ages you had Fran Tarkenton. From the immediate past you had Steve Young. Those are just a few names of QBs that were dual threats.

Offenses in the NFL have been trying since inception to defeat Deffenses. Wishbones, options, Wildcats, you name it offenses have tried it. Don't try and claim that all of a sudden we have these new revolutionary type QBs.

Try tell Stallworth he would not have made that catch if it were'nt for Bradshaw, or viseverca.

Or that Clark without Montana would not have happened.

Making inane comments does not make you cutting edge. On the contrary...

Normally, I do not respond to these type of posts. But dude, you really do slay me.

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,724 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

I'm trolling because I disagree with you and Aryan's 'traditional' statement? Don't worry, whether you and I agree, Aryan will get his traditional QB(Alex Smith) and get smacked in the division for years to come by the two 'un-traditional' QBs(Kaep & Wilson). This debate is pointless. I have my opinion and you have yours. It's your world. You're white, unhappy, and complaining, and you'll get what you want. who is better than you! Let's move on. Go Cam! The un-traditional QB.

Another "perfect crime" post :lol:

#39 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,388 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

You probably thinking by traditional Aryan meant pocket passers?

BRuCe aRYaNS!
Posted Image

#40 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Damn! Somebody is an idiot! I'm not going to mention any names, but it rymes with... Blueboy

#41 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Is Gettleman now the offensive coordinator?

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

The "One Year Wonder"...

- plays in one of the toughest divisions in football
- manages to make the playoffs on a regular basis playing out of that tough division
- won two of the last five Super Bowls
- beat the team you admire in convincing fashion for their most recent ring

The team you want to model after...

- plays in a division for which "cupcake" would be a compliment
- hasn't won a Super Bowl in coming up on ten years
- stopped winning Super Bowls after their methods for cheating were exposed
- lost it's last two championship tries to the "One Year Wonder"

:lol:

Game.....set....match.

BlueBoy.....hit the showers. You are done for the day.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

we'll see about that. There are people who wins the lotto twice. They should open a school to teach how to win lotto. Fail!

Probably the worst and most idiotic thing every posted on the huddle.

Congrats

#44 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'd take one lucky Super Bowl

Exactly! That Friday morning I'm taking off work and getting drunk from Friday at 12:00 A.M. till the Super Bowl starts. IF we make it to another before I die.

#45 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Probably the worst and most idiotic thing every posted on the huddle.

Congrats

Can you just edit his avatar to put "Boner of the year award?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com