You said it. I didn't. Sounds like those points you make are deeply entrenched in your mind but fear ridicule if you say them. You seem to know more about it than I do. Ummm! Interesting!
Quick Tip: if you really wanna debate in favor of the read option offense, using any of the following points makes your argument look ridiculously stupid...
- some coaches and GMs hate mobile quarterbacks (not true, they dislike lousy passers, mobile or not)
- "mobile quarterback" and "read option quarterback" automatically means "black quarterback" (not the same thing)
- people who don't like the read option are trying to oppress black quarterbacks (ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are just trying to protect an old guard "good ole boy" system that's entrenched in the NFL (equally ignorant)
- coaches and GMs who don't like the read option are secretly racist (incredibly ignorant)
Trying to minimize the Super Bowl victories of teams that don't run read option systems is a very dumbass tactic as well.
If you want to argue for the system, then feel free, but do so using rational, logical points.
None of those listed above fit that description.
If you think it, what makes you sure a dumb coach can't think it? Because they're so much better than you? Righhht!