Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everyone be honest.

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1361557111' post='2141485']
People say cut Gamble and D-Lo because it's the popular thing to say, but if we can get under the cap with them restructuring, then I say keep the both of them.
[/quote]
agreed, but when i think restructuring with those two guys and beason....it's gonna have to take a thomas davis type restructure where you basically rip up the old contract and sign a new one that won't hurt the cap.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1361557512' post='2141492']

If we restructure everyone instead of making much needed cuts, we are just going to prolong the cap hell into 2014-2015.

Restructuring does not solve the problem....it only kicks it down the road.
[/quote]

There's different type of restructuring, in which one way includes a pay cut. i.e. Michael Vick.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1361557743' post='2141499']
agreed, but when i think restructuring with those two guys and beason....it's gonna have to take a thomas davis type restructure where you basically rip up the old contract and sign a new one that won't hurt the cap.
[/quote]

Exactly

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lineal89' timestamp='1361554946' post='2141444']
I dont get why everyone wants to cut Anderson...
[/quote]
my thinking is that it's a choice between a restructured beason or a restructured anderson, because there's no way we go into the future with either one of those guys at their existing deals. we can't afford to keep both, either.

beason > anderson. we find a way to keep beason here and let anderson go. also cutting anderson will cost less than cutting beason.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1361552784' post='2141414']
We won't know who is available until free agency starts and everyone makes their cuts or signs and franchises whoever they can. So any speculation right now is not going to be very accurate and will be subject to change.

But if I were looking for a guy it might be one of the following: Dwayne Bowe might be willing to accept less to play for a contender versus floundering around with KC. Hartline might be convinced that Miami is not the one. Breaston is an interesting guy who was just released by KC as well. Other guys like Amendola, Welker, Wallace or Jennings are going to draw significant interest and bucks elsewhere.

There are a number of lesser name guys like Devery Henderson, Dominick Hixon, Ramses Barden who might be worth looking out if they are there. Hixon and Barden are both Giants with previous ties to Gettleman.
[/quote]

I'd be shocked if Bowe comes at a reasonable price. Breaston sucks badly and I'd rather keep Murphy over him.

Hixon looks the most appealing on that list to me but signing him alone or a similar talent does not bring enough improvement short and long term wise to this team imo.

Posted · Report post

In my eyes, we don't need as much and most think we do.
LT - need to get one in the draft.
FA guard
FA safety
A deep threat receiver can come from either. Prefer a FA and a draft pick.

This really sets up the Panthers to go BPA every round.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

he is an example of what has been wrong.

We pay him to be X when he really is just Y. We could bring in a Y and pay him to be a Y.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1361557111' post='2141485']
People say cut Gamble and D-Lo because it's the popular thing to say, but if we can get under the cap with them restructuring, then I say keep the both of them.
[/quote]

That is Hurney magic.....it isn't about just getting under the cap to operate.

It is about paying the right guys and not overpaying.

People don't say to cut Williams b/c it is popular...they say it b/c it makes no sense to spend what we are for runners on a Cam Newton lead team.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]
Because he sucks player. He will not take a block head on...refuses to...hurts the rest of our guys in run D. If you are going to play Sam, you have to be willing to sacrifice yourself on strongside runs, he won't which is why we were better when Phillips was starting.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1361558355' post='2141512']
my thinking is that it's a choice between a restructured beason or a restructured anderson, because there's no way we go into the future with either one of those guys at their existing deals. we can't afford to keep both, either.

beason > anderson. we find a way to keep beason here and let anderson go. also cutting anderson will cost less than cutting beason.
[/quote] "[b][color="#000000"]James Anderson[/color][/b] is signed for 5 years / $22 million with the Carolina Panthers. He is making $2.90 million in 2013." per: [color="#009933"]www.spotrac.com/[/color][b][color="#007828"]nfl[/color][/b][color="#009933"]/carolina-panthers/[/color][b][color="#007828"]james[/color][/b][color="#009933"]-[/color][b][color="#007828"]anderson[/color][/b][color="#009933"]/[/color] I think that this is pretty reasonable for a LB of his caliber.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1361564135' post='2141622']
he is an example of what has been wrong.

We pay him to be X when he really is just Y. We could bring in a Y and pay him to be a Y.
[/quote] According to

[color="#009933"]www.spotrac.com/[/color][b][color="#007828"]nfl[/color][/b][color="#009933"]/carolina-panthers/[/color][b][color="#007828"]james[/color][/b][color="#009933"]-[/color][b][color="#007828"]anderson[/color][/b][color="#009933"]/[/color]
You +1'd this publicly. [url="http://www.google.com/#"][color="#1122cc"]Undo[/color][/url][b][color="#000000"]James Anderson[/color][/b] is signed for 5 years / $22 million with the Carolina Panthers. He is making $2.90 million in 2013. To be backup to Beason, Kuechly, Davis...I think it's a good deal. What are other backups of his caliber making.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1361564482' post='2141628']
Because he sucks player. He will not take a block head on...refuses to...hurts the rest of our guys in run D. If you are going to play Sam, you have to be willing to sacrifice yourself on strongside runs, he won't which is why we were better when Phillips was starting.
[/quote] Phillips is not as good as Anderson in the overrall position. I take Anderson over Phillips, but I hope that we can keep them both as backups. Beason should be willing to restructure and with the possibility of reinjury to Beason and Davis, we need Anderson.