#91 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

That is not a scholarship....that is a grant.

No problem with need based grants that are based on race, demographics, etc.

If it is an academic scholarship, it should go to the most qualified candidate....regardless if race and gender.

I actually posted this exact sentiment earlier in the thread....

Apparently its ridiculous to think the best candidate should be rewarded for there hard work.

#92 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

That is not a scholarship....that is a grant.

No problem with need based grants that are based on race, demographics, etc.

If it is an academic scholarship, it should go to the most qualified candidate....regardless if race and gender.

I posted this earlier but no one responded, but what is the difference between this and scholarships that are established strictly for veterans?

Do you take issue with the fact that a veteran would get an academic scholarship over a more academically qualified civilian?

Not just for you but anyone can take a shot at convincing me what the difference is, and why you don't hear people generally getting upset over these types of scholarships, but minority scholarships are a problem?

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,748 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

I posted this earlier but no one responded, but what is the difference between this and scholarships that are established strictly for veterans?

Do you take issue with the fact that a veteran would get an academic scholarship over a more academically qualified civilian?

Not just for you but anyone can take a shot at convincing me what the difference is, and why you don't hear people generally getting upset over these types of scholarships, but minority scholarships are a problem?

If scholarships are established for particular races and genders then that is ok. They can be for varied reasons.

However, don't bitch when a scholarship is only applicable to a certain group that you don't agree with.

#94 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,193 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

citizen of a particular state and economic status. you live in a certain state, you get X dollars. based on your financial status, X and proly Y dollars as well.

if you put your life on the line as a vet and had active combat duty. you get XY and Z dollars.

just reserve and no combat? X dollars.

#95 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hmmm, hopefully Schollys for vets aren't for only those with certain skin colors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com