Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Doing some scary movie watching

48 posts in this topic

I've seen ads for Trick R Treat, Troll Hunter and Antichrist. Considered renting one or more but haven't yet.

I'm like a binge movie watcher. I'll go weeks without renting any and then one weekend rent half a dozen.

Just to be clear Antichrist is an Art house drama..lot of crying n child death mourning. It has shock value scenes just to be that..like the full on close up of Dafoe going to town on his wife which I just did not expect..Caligula style.

Other two are good fun horror movies with Let The Right One in probally the best of the bunch.

Watched "Sinister" last night. Very creepy movie you will not want to watch alone, like I did. The opening is super creepy and sets the tone the whole way.

I'm not a huge fan of the "ghost children" angle. It's kind of cheesy and reminded me of the "alternate dimension" parts of Insidious. Besides the kids, I liked just about everything else about the movie. Not spectacular but does it's job of being scary throughout.

Also want to add how disappointed I was to know the plot based on the trailers. I wish I could have gone into Sinister knowing absolutely nothing but I already knew what the main character finds out in the third act. Shitty marketing.

didn't want to start an entire new thread for this but have any of you seen Excision? just watched it the other night. its a pretty twisted movie.

I dressed up as Pennywise from It a few years ago. The kiddies weren't really too receptive to it and the parents got really upset. Seems Halloween has become more about the candy than traumatizing small children with nightmares for the rest of their lives...

i cant stand scary movies. I watched "It" at age 7 and it scarred me for life. all i have to say is fug clowns.

"I am eternal, child. I am the eater of worlds and of children. And, you are next."

1 person likes this

Is it wrong of me to find pleasure in someone else's pain?

The last horror flick to make me jumpy was 'The Descent'.

I've been cautious of spelunking ever since.

the-descent-poster.jpg

1 person likes this

I cant watch Scooby Doo alone

I can always think of a reason...

Velma

200_s.gif

The last horror flick to make me jumpy was 'The Descent'.

I've been cautious of spelunking ever since.

Pretty solid portion of my generation still stays out of the ocean these days thanks to Jaws.

Movies'll do that :lol:

Pretty solid portion of my generation still stays out of the ocean these days thanks to Jaws.

Movies'll do that :lol:

Lol, true. Although, I don't know why sharks get such a bad rap. If the casual person did some research, they'd know you're more likely to get struck by lightning than die from getting eaten alive by a giant great white.

That said, some films are THAT influential. For me, it was Aliens. Before I hit the ripe age of 12, I was fearful of anything to do with space. Of course, I adore Aliens nowadays but I remain apprehensive about traveling into the dark reaches of space.

Lol, true. Although, I don't know why sharks get such a bad rap. If the casual person did some research, they'd know you're more likely to get struck by lightning than die from getting eaten alive by a giant great white.

That said, some films are THAT influential. For me, it was Aliens. Before I hit the ripe age of 12, I was fearful of anything to do with space. Of course, I adore Aliens nowadays but I remain apprehensive about traveling into the dark reaches of space.

The sharks are comingz

Global warming

My idiot brother took me to see it when I was 10 years old :(