Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backup QB

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Matt Moore is the best backup QB avaliable. If he would embrace the role he would be a good fit. He would probably prefer to go to a team without a franchise QB in place and compete though. Moore's body of work in that role pretty much poos all over anyone.

I fully agree. Matt Moore would be a very good backup for us. I feel that Matt probably realizes his dreams of being a starter in the NFL are pretty much over. He is the backup QB that would get my vote, if Anderson leaves and it appears he will.

Posted

Anoter vote Matt Moore. Without the pressure of full time starter status, the guy has been pretty good.

Posted

David Carr?

Posted

my opinion is that if Cam goes down we are screwed anyway... since money is so tight currently just let Clausen run the 2's and sign either Renfree (Duke) Rodgers (Vandy) as UDFA if either of them make it through....

Posted

Moore > Anderson in terms of playing.

Anderson < Moore when it comes to mentoring Cam the basics of Norv's offense

Posted

i don't want matt moore simply because of the influx of brain vomits we'll see on this board suggesting moore should be the starter

Posted

oh god no to crap moore please

keep his legion of trailer park neo nazi white boy fans on finsheaven and off this board

Posted

Pat White!

Posted

Bring Vinny T back. Jk, I agree it should be someone who's been around the block, don't use a draft pick.

Posted

Stanton, Thigpen, or Moore for me

Posted

That is what I thought too, but rememeber, Chud and Anderson fizzled out in Cleveland. Will the fans stand for round 2?

Browns Fans have endured far worse.

Posted

jake_delhomme_iconphotostwo050158-nfl-aug-09-pres.jpg

Sign him to a 1-year deal and let the man retire a Panther while mentoring Cam in the process. Assuming he wouldn't mind being a backup QB on his old team... he should be available for peanuts.

38-year old broken down Jake is still a better option than Pickles. At least Jake knows a thing or two about the game.