Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JefDav84

Nakamura Pay Cut

53 posts in this topic

Also, props to Nak for being realistic about his worth.

I'm wondering if we're going to keep restructuring until we get under the cap and then release a contract to get way under the cap? That way we could be a factor in FA

Nakamura did play poorly but it was his first year starting. Gettleman is supposed to be a great talent evaluator so he must have seen more than we did. I figured he was gone for sure.

Part of me wishes we would just draft a safety high just to unsure he wont see the field.

Yea this is surprising. But i trust Gettleman. Naka was pretty much the scapegoat for the start of our losing streak. Pretty decent special teamer and heady player, but damn please don't put him in crucial situations or regular situations for that matter.

1 person likes this

This is a good example of why I come to the Huddle. I wanted him cut in spite of it all but after hearing the pros and cons; I can see the logic.

To be clear, this doesn't guarantee he makes the roster.

I think you guys are way too hard on Nak. The play that lost us the ATL game he went for the pick in front of White and misjudged it. I really appreciate that he tried to make a play on the ball, sometimes ya get beat fellas

Yea you dont go for a pick in that situation. too risky.

Good. He doesn't deserve to get paid as a defensive starter, but as a POSSIBLE starter and a solid ST contributor? I'll take that.

I'm patiently waiting to see now if Anderson, Beason, DWill, and Gross restructure.

he's a scrub. pretty much getting paid like a scrub. won't be counting against the cap since i doubt that number puts him in the top 53.

he'll be fighting for a roster spot in training camp and it will be a sad commentary on the state of the secondary if he makes the final 53.

Not really a big deal but for accuracy sake he will def. be a top 51 cap hit(the bottom 2 don't affect us).