Photo
- - - - -

Cordarrelle Patterson always wanted to play for the panthers

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#91 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

he might be a decent pick...would trade down first then see if he is still available......better guys coming out have went lower.......and in no way am i trying to dim his light......

wouldnt be sad at all if they picked him up just dont think you should get him at 14....i dont think hes on that megatron level.....and their are still some solid wr you could pick.

another team might get him first anyway though(BPA theory)...it only takes one guy to fall in love with another guy then you get picked up early.

#92 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

The only player in this draft I'd trade up for is Star. I wouldn't mind Patterson at #14 (though there's a couple others I'd rather at that spot that will likely be available), and it's far from a sure thing he goes top 10. He's a fad right now, like Fairley was a few years ago. He's got potential but he's not a top 10 pick WR. Those are the almost sure things, like AJ Green, Julio Jones, even Blackmon was easily a better draft prospect. Far more accomplished. I don't hate Patterson at all, I was one of the earlier people clamoring for him in the 2nd, but mid 1st is about the ceiling of where he should go in my opinion.

#93 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

If he's there, scoooooop!

#94 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

he might be a decent pick...would trade down first then see if he is still available......better guys coming out have went lower.......and in no way am i trying to dim his light......

wouldnt be sad at all if they picked him up just dont think you should get him at 14....i dont think hes on that megatron level.....and their are still some solid wr you could pick.

another team might get him first anyway though(BPA theory)...it only takes one guy to fall in love with another guy then you get picked up early.

not sure what you said....you don't take a WR at 14 unless he's at megatron level?

#95 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

i keep seeing people complain about the idea of patterson at 14 because they dont see a megatron, aj green, julio, or blackmon level player...but really would you ever see one of those guys at 14?

i just think people have some awfully unrealistic expectations of a WR at that point.

#96 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

i keep seeing people complain about the idea of patterson at 14 because they dont see a megatron, aj green, julio, or blackmon level player...but really would you ever see one of those guys at 14?

i just think people have some awfully unrealistic expectations of a WR at that point.

So true.. And I still think CP has Julio Jones upside, but I still doubt he falls to 14

#97 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

AGREED, i think everybody has just been spoiled by the top WRs to come out the last couple years too.

#98 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

well most wr go in the 20ish in the 1st round......i just dont see top 10 in cp. but others might....so he still might be gone..

and yeah i would only draft a wr in 1-20 if they are really big time....you dont have to be megatron to be a sure fire wr.

and yes if hes not top 10 and you can get wr just as good or one that might turn out to be better in the late first or 2nd why draft cp at 14???.

im not against cp and i dont want to come off negative....this team really could use extra picks....i want to trade down...it's really not whether i like cp or not...which i do.

#99 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

#84 is waiting for him.

#100 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,670 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I think CP will be better than Julio. More elusive. He looks like Chris Johnson in his cuts and breakaway speed.

#101 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I don't think that you've seen Patterson play, no offense. The guy is going to be amazing. Jaw-droppingly good. He may not be Calvin Johnson, but he is easily on the same level as Julio Jones when he was entering the league. The guy is absolutely incredible.

#102 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

People also say we need a new #1, not someone who will only get to Moose's level. Completely disregarding that Moose has 11K+ career yards, 60+ TD's, and had a year where he had 1400 yards and 16 friggin touchdowns. People think if you don't have a 1500 yard, 15 TD guy every season then they aren't a number one.

#103 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

#104 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

yeah i like him. just not in top 10 to ME.

#105 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Since you listed the 3 players I mentioned, I assume I'm included in that observation. I said I wouldn't mind him at all. Just that he's not a top 10 WR. Every year doesn't have a WR in the top 10, and when they do they're guys like the ones you mentioned.

A couple of years ago the first WRs didn't go until the 20s, and they were Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant. Dez had the off field stuff or he woulda been top 15 probably, maybe top 10, but Thomas was a similar prospect to CP, though for different reasons. Thomas was a bigger guy with better hands, and CP is quicker and more elusive, but they're both guys with less college production that were/will be drafted based on what they could possibly be, not what they've shown they likely will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com