Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Combine meetings

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Wonderful, we are now looking to the football power house known as Duke university to fill our needs at skill positions.

This will not stand with the dude.

1 person likes this

Posted

Was hoping they would have interviewed Fuller. I'd take him all day everyday over Vernon.... of course I am biased.

Posted

People who are seriously bitching about senior bowl and EW interviews need to get a grip. The Giants interviewed only 2 for christ sake the combine interviews haven't even started yet..

Posted

I think Vernon is a very good WR. Could be a great 3rd option style receiver at the next level. A lot of people think he plays like Wes Welker (short, intermediate routes, across the middle, etc) I don't think he'll ever reach the ceiling of a Wes Welker, but he definitely could be a nice option somewhere in the 4th-5th round range.

Agreed. I think the guy could be a very good slot receiver.

I'm tired of drafting mid-round guys that we hope pan out though. How's that been working for us? I know we have a new GM and all, but it's time to invest some serious resources into the WR corps. We've really neglected WR and DL trying to fill our needs with mid-late round projects. Hell, you could say the same about the secondary. Luckily, that philosophy worked out at DE. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out anywhere else. We sure do have a poo ton of 1st round RBs and LBs though...

Posted

for what its worth both DB's and the LB performed well at the combine with Alford putting up impressive numbers. Maybe Rivera is crazy...crazy like a FOX!!!

Vernon on the other hand wasn't anything special (at the combine) He is definitely agile enough, but doesn't jump very high or run very fast. But apparently he never drops the ball,lol which is good enough.

Posted

People who are seriously bitching about senior bowl and EW interviews need to get a grip. The Giants interviewed only 2 for christ sake the combine interviews haven't even started yet..

I was actually more intrigued with the current SB champ doing their homework while the class clowns are buying Cliff's Notes. Never too early to interview as many of these guys as possible. Sad to see we weren't more proactive is all, not bitching.

Posted

Yes Vernon went to Duke but is does hold the ACC career records for receptions and receiving yards.

Posted

how long did that dude stay in school lol^^^

does he have the touchdown record too??

Posted

I was actually more intrigued with the current SB champ doing their homework while the class clowns are buying Cliff's Notes. Never too early to interview as many of these guys as possible. Sad to see we weren't more proactive is all, not bitching.

I agree. Was Rivera and company to busy to talk to some prospects or something?

Posted

it's clear we are looking for CB, and WR of that list it was the only two positions that we have had meetings with players at, but with that said, we do not know about the combine interviews yet and until FA hits we really don't know a damn thing about who we will go after in the draft.

but right now I'd say CB would be a safe bet, and makes sense on a lot of levels

Posted

if you aren't bitching then why are you doing? just saying.......

(see what I did there?)

Posted

Do the coaches set up and players come to them to interview or do the players set up and the coaches find them? If it is the first maybe the players didn't want to talk to Carolina coaches.