• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

I think Vernon is a very good WR. Could be a great 3rd option style receiver at the next level. A lot of people think he plays like Wes Welker (short, intermediate routes, across the middle, etc) I don't think he'll ever reach the ceiling of a Wes Welker, but he definitely could be a nice option somewhere in the 4th-5th round range.

Agreed. I think the guy could be a very good slot receiver.

I'm tired of drafting mid-round guys that we hope pan out though. How's that been working for us? I know we have a new GM and all, but it's time to invest some serious resources into the WR corps. We've really neglected WR and DL trying to fill our needs with mid-late round projects. Hell, you could say the same about the secondary. Luckily, that philosophy worked out at DE. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out anywhere else. We sure do have a poo ton of 1st round RBs and LBs though...

#17 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

for what its worth both DB's and the LB performed well at the combine with Alford putting up impressive numbers. Maybe Rivera is crazy...crazy like a FOX!!!

Vernon on the other hand wasn't anything special (at the combine) He is definitely agile enough, but doesn't jump very high or run very fast. But apparently he never drops the ball,lol which is good enough.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,954 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

People who are seriously bitching about senior bowl and EW interviews need to get a grip. The Giants interviewed only 2 for christ sake the combine interviews haven't even started yet..

I was actually more intrigued with the current SB champ doing their homework while the class clowns are buying Cliff's Notes. Never too early to interview as many of these guys as possible. Sad to see we weren't more proactive is all, not bitching.

#19 Sod

Sod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yes Vernon went to Duke but is does hold the ACC career records for receptions and receiving yards.

#20 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

how long did that dude stay in school lol^^^

does he have the touchdown record too??

#21 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I was actually more intrigued with the current SB champ doing their homework while the class clowns are buying Cliff's Notes. Never too early to interview as many of these guys as possible. Sad to see we weren't more proactive is all, not bitching.

I agree. Was Rivera and company to busy to talk to some prospects or something?

#22 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

it's clear we are looking for CB, and WR of that list it was the only two positions that we have had meetings with players at, but with that said, we do not know about the combine interviews yet and until FA hits we really don't know a damn thing about who we will go after in the draft.

but right now I'd say CB would be a safe bet, and makes sense on a lot of levels

#23 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

if you aren't bitching then why are you doing? just saying.......

(see what I did there?)

#24 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Do the coaches set up and players come to them to interview or do the players set up and the coaches find them? If it is the first maybe the players didn't want to talk to Carolina coaches.

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

All I get from that list is the Ravens have a lot of lose lips. Panthers on the other hand are playing their cards close to the chest.

#26 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

All I get from that list is the Ravens have a lot of lose lips. Panthers on the other hand are playing their cards close to the chest.

The Ravens are the defending champs and have been a consistent playoff team for years. I think they know what they're doing...

#27 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I saw Joe Flacco in Vegas this weekend. He was eating ice cream.

#28 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't believe we didnt interview more than 4 players in the psot month and a half.

How did the compile this list. Have someone walk around with every player. Baltimore interviewed more then all other 31 teams combined. Wow.

Lame list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com