Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scouting Combine

507 posts in this topic

Posted

Knile Davis with a 4.30

didnt i tell you boy (grandpa voice lol)

but yeah man dude is a beast just worried about that injury popping up again......

Posted

i wonder how many people will want panthers to get macaleb now...he ran a 4.27 which is probably a 4.3.....but he also played with cam newton.....rooting for dem auburn panthers lol

Posted

i wonder how many people will want panthers to get macaleb now...he ran a 4.27 which is probably a 4.3.....but he also played with cam newton.....rooting for dem auburn panthers lol

Would all depend on whether or not he is good in between the tackles and doesn't rely on speed alone. IIRC he was strictly a shotgun outside runner at Auburn.

Posted

oh yeah good point^^

man overall the running backs today are so slow....

Posted

I really dislike the combine. This is when guys in shirts and shorts get rated over proven players with lots of potential.

I stand by my words when I say Robert Woods is nothing more than a slot receiver.

I'm going to say right now that we really want Vernon, he's a guy I can definitely seeing us drafting one way or another.

You could very well be right. The proven and consistent types can be shoved aside attention wise by the athletic/high-measurable types.

Was Woods on pace for a strong season prior to Barkley being injured? That's where I'm curious to see how he did.

I'm gonna again give a shout out to Wheaton. Really solid prospect imo.

Posted

Would all depend on whether or not he is good in between the tackles and doesn't rely on speed alone. IIRC he was strictly a shotgun outside runner at Auburn.

He has absolutely zero between the tackles ability. But, he's a great returner and is very good in ST coverage. Great for speed sweeps and other outside runs. Very good pass catcher that could be used in screens and even placed in the slot.

Posted

alright so the official time for macaleb is 4.34 and knile comes in just behind with a 4.37....

Posted

I was so pumped when I thought O-Mac had the record (not counting Bo's). Oh well, still blazing speed.

Posted

I really dislike the combine. This is when guys in shirts and shorts get rated over proven players with lots of potential.

I stand by my words when I say Robert Woods is nothing more than a slot receiver.

I'm going to say right now that we really want Vernon, he's a guy I can definitely seeing us drafting one way or another.

Yes because 252 receptions for 2,930 yards and 32 touchdowns in three seasons isn't proven enough for a receiver....absolutely ignorant statement man....

Posted

Yes because 252 receptions for 2,930 yards and 32 touchdowns in three seasons isn't proven enough for a receiver....absolutely ignorant statement man....

I think this board is scarred by Colbert and Jarrett.

Posted

Robert Woods was one of the best receivers out there today. It would actually help the panthers to draft a well polished receiver for a change.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think this board is scarred by Colbert and Jarrett.

Both of which Woods is the antithesis of....