Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the Panthers biggest draft bust?

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Jason Peter or Tim Biakabatuka.

1 person likes this

Posted

He who must not be named.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jimmy Clausen was being compared to Kurt Warner and had people saying that he should have been the #1 overall pick. We were unanimously praised when we took him. Despite him being a fine young male I got excited and bought the hype.

Pickles is and hopefully forever will be our biggest bust.

I made a very lengthy post once about how Clausen was the best choice at that time.

We needed a QB BADLY, took him, and look at the rest of the players from that draft and it is not like we passed up on anyone worth a damn.

Posted

Jason peter

Posted

Everette Brown because of what we traded for him.

Posted

I made a very lengthy post once about how Clausen was the best choice at that time.

We needed a QB BADLY, took him, and look at the rest of the players from that draft and it is not like we passed up on anyone worth a damn.

Yeah, it isn't like there were pro bowlers like Graham, Bowman, Hernandez, Atkins, Chancellor, etc drafted after him.

Or solid diverse guys like a Jacoby Ford either.

Clausen was a horrible pick and that isnt hindsight.

Posted

Either Clausen or Jarrett.

Posted

No mention of Otah yet? Pretty big bust.

Posted

Not a miss on talent. Arguably one of the best RTs in the NFL when on the field.

Posted

Eh, he was only a bust by his own choice to me, though. Never stayed in shape. 08, he was considered one of, if not THE, best young RTs in the game. Then he got lazy, which lead to injuries, which lead to not caring, which lead to him being shipped out of here.

When I think "bust", I'm thinking "never lived up to the hype". Clausen has been covered earlier in the thread (we all agree he was a bust).

Jarrett was drawing REALLY heavy comparisons to some big names like Keyshawn. He had me all kinds of excited. He just never showed up at this level.

Everette Brown had flashes, but same story as Jarrett.

Posted

otah could have been as good as any RT in the league. he either didn't have the want-to or was too unlucky with injuries or some combination of both.

Posted

Rashard Anderson