Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KissMyConverse

According to Person we're keeping Williams...

155 posts in this topic

Im putting 2011 stats first, compared to this past season

DeAngelo - 836 RuYd - 737

Stewart - 761 RuYd - 336

And Cam rushed for more yards in '12 with 1 more attempt

In 2011 we may have not been typical "ground n pound" where its I formation and you run right up the gut, but we had a very effective ground game and everyone was contributing. Last year the play calling stunk till the last 6 games where dwill salvaged his stats in a major way but the reason we got better towards the end of the season was because we started to emphasize just running the football in a more conventional way, and what do you know it worked.

Offensive Line did not have to do with lack of strength running the football, we had Kalil in Atlanta. We had Kalil against Tampa Bay, and we couldn't do a damn thing against their D because every play looked like it was made up by a Huddler on Madden

We still were not ground and pound in 11. More finesse overall

How does the offense line not have something to do with running the ball?

3/5 of our OL opening day was backup material. Then we lost Kalil....having Kalil early didn't change the fact our G play was probably worst in the NFL or close to it. No holes. Need Gs to aid in that.

cutting gamble and restructuring a few more guys will open the doors to sign a solid FA (i'd love to see RG filled) and then drafting a guy. really all you need is a solid RG and decent depth at tackle to vastly improve our situation.

here's the problem with that. are those positions we cut at as in as good shape as RB? can they take the hit personnel-wise as well as RB would?

those spots that are cut have to be filled somehow. how is that going to be done? in trying to make cap room we make more holes that need to be filled. why? so we can keep a player whose production wouldn't be missed and who would be easily replaced with a cheaper option.

makes sense to me.

I don't see where or how is it that we're keeping Williams. If it's just because Gettleman said, "I don't see why not." That's not enough to actually believe williams will stay here.

Had he said. "Yes, there are no plans to cut Williams." Then I would believe it. This sounds more like he's putting the ball on Williams court. I'm expecting a restructure.

Keep in mind that he also said that he would do what he has to do.

Gettleman has seen what Dwill and Jstew could do together. They've ran successfully on the Giants in their careers. He also knows our weak and injured our offensive line was. Also the Giants have always tried to be real deep at the RB position.

This is a good move for our Panthers. Besides Jstew is generally hurt a couple of games out of the year, and Tolbert's great and all, but he can't fill those shoes.

giants didn't have nearly that kind of money and didnt invest nearly as much resources in getting and keeping RBs.

where they focused their efforts was in making sure WR was stocked. RBs were considered expendable and easily replaceable.

I don't see where or how is it that we're keeping Williams. If it's just because Gettleman said, "I don't see why not." That's not enough to actually believe williams will stay here.

Had he said. "Yes, there are no plans to cut Williams." Then I would believe it. This sounds more like he's putting the ball on Williams court. I'm expecting a restructure.

exactly. pure speculation on behalf of person with this article.
1 person likes this

I don't anything is definite, I'm betting its restructure or cut

Agreed.

“Can we keep both of them? Again, decisions have to be made. I don't see why not.”

Full quote.

No where so I read a solidified answer to the question. This could be interpreted in either side of the argument.

I'm leaning more to the side of, "Restructure or be cut." The decision that have to be made aren't necessarily for the benefit of Williams. Just saying.

Agreed.

“Can we keep both of them? Again, decisions have to be made. I don't see why not.”

Full quote.

No where so I read a solidified answer to the question. This could be interpreted in either side of the argument.

I'm leaning more to the side of, "Restructure or be cut." The decision that have to be made aren't necessarily for the benefit of Williams. Just saying.

He credits a source close to the situation with this information. Not deriving this article from that one quote by Gettleman.

Now, how credible the source is, that I have no idea. But it isn't speculation, but it could be purposely false info to try and generate a trade market for Williams or something.

He credits a source close to the situation with this information. Not deriving this article from that one quote by Gettleman.

Now, how credible the source is, that I have no idea. But it isn't speculation, but it could be purposely false info to try and generate a trade market for Williams or something.

Duly noted..

True as that may be Teeray, it's Joe Freaking Person we're talking about here. He's behind on a lot of things and never breaks out news about the team. Heck other beat writers from other teams have broken stories about the Panthers more often than Joe has ever done.

Heck we have some huddlers with better connections or inside sources than Person.

Exactly, means he could tell Williams we would love for you to stay....but we rip up that deal or you must go.

Giants also have told RBs to kick rocks when it comes to paying them

• Topics

• And to think this guy made it through 7 rounds and not one team wanted him.  Thank God Gettleman was on his "A" game and signed him here. Amazing how talent can bypass so many scouts, coaches and GMs. If they did a redraft.   What round would he go to?  Round 1?  He's a solid of a Guard as any in this league.
    • you do realize that $1M pledge he made was after he had received a ton of backlash and outcry from the media for sitting during the national anthem? He did hold his promise and has made some other donations as well, but before he decided to sit at football games, he didn't do jack poo for oppressed communities and the homeless, or any other charities for that matter. He was just a narcissist prima dona who so happened to play for one of the most talented teams in the NFL headed by one of the greatest coaches in the NFL. Him prospering early on in his career made him a cocky SOB who dressed like a thug during press conferences and treated the media like dog poo.  Yes people change, but he changed for the wrong reasons. His career was in turmoil, he was a declining NFL QB trying to stay relevant, so he thought up a rouge to get back in the spotlight by sitting. After he received backlash, he thought to himself "oh crap, I need to back up my words with some action. let me make a few donations to show the world I truly care about what I stand for"  the dude could give a rats ass about any of that poo. He didn't even show up to vote, and I don't think he's ever voted in his life. And I don't care about voting for the president, but at least vote for your local officials and congressman and for your states propositions. If he truly wants to have a voice and use the stage he has to inflict some serious changes in this country, there's a way to go about it, not seek attention for the wrong reasons just to resurrect your career.  
    • I love Moton. The only thing that freaks me out about him is that he played for a small school. I do think he could've flourished for a big time program though.