Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

According to Person we're keeping Williams...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Stupid analogy like usual. Dumping Deangelo and saying you saved money is like buying a phone with a 2 year contract and then deciding you can save a few bucks by switching to another carrier because they have cheaper phones. So you cancel your contract, pay hundreds in penalties as a cancellation fee and rationalize that down the road you will actually save money. Other smart folks like myself, weight out the pros and cons, compare the costs and either decide to wait until the contract is up to switch to avoid large penalty fees or we negotiate with the carrier to let us go for less than the total cancellation fee.

No, a more accurate cellphone metaphor for this would be say I was to have a blackberry curve. It was a really good phone at the time I bought it (let's say circa early 2010), so good in fact that I decided I wanted a 5 year plan on this phone. But now, the screen's been cracked and it shuts off sometimes because of that one time I got drunk and fell in the pool at a BBQ and got it working again but it was never the same. I want a new phone but ATT won't let me get a new policy. I'm paying 139 a month, which includes data and unlimited text with a cancellation fee of, say, 175. Whelp I just found a new phone by Verizon HTC droid whatever and it's absolutely free with 2 year activation. Anyway, it's 60 dollars a month and includes unlimited talk/text and all the data I need, which isn't nearly as much as the data I signed up for when I was using it a lot more 3 years ago. So let's match up how much I'd be paying staying with ATT for the next two years with the same old phone or switching over to Verizon and eating 175 dollars so I can go down $80 a month in phone payments for the next two years

Smart folks can see the correlary to our situation, ignorant ones can't? Which are you?

Smart folks also understand that's not the way corrolary is spelled

#152 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

No, a more accurate cellphone metaphor for this would be say I was to have a blackberry curve. It was a really good phone at the time and they required a five year plan on this phone. I thought I would be trading this phone by now but the newer Android smart phone has not worked as well as I thought it would and the old reliable has actually held up better than the new one. I want to keep the new phone as I think it will be the phone of the future but I still have that old contract that will cost hundreds to void at this point. Secondly I know I can rely on the old phone and it really works better than the new one. Thirdly the new phone has had the screen broken and while they told me that it should be fixed and he okay, I won''t know that for several months and I have to shave money off my plan. So do I get rid of the blackberry which will cost me hundreds of dollars to void the contract and I still have to replace the phone with another one and another contract or do I keep the blackberry for another year after negotiating a lower price for that phone until most of the penalties for voiding the contract go down to a reasonable amount.

Smart folks also ignore posters understand that resort to criticizing a typo when they have no argument or merit.

Fixed it for you.............. Now you sound smart............

#153 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Smart folks also ignore posters and understand when they resort to criticizing a typo when they have no argument or merit.

There, now you sound literate, if still horribly misguided.

#154 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

It's also ironic that you address it despite talking about how you're ignoring it.

#155 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

There, now you sound literate, if still horribly misguided.

And you still sound like an unpleasant angry office worker who rants on message boards because they don't have a dog to go home and kick.

#156 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

And you still sound like an unpleasant angry office worker who rants on message boards because they don't have a dog to go home and kick.

whoa there maverick I don't know the world you live in where people constantly abuse animals as a response to frustration but I have two dogs and they're loved very much and have no idea of what it's like to be on the receiving end of abuse.

#157 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

whoa there maverick I don't know the world you live in where people constantly abuse animals as a response to frustration but I have two dogs and they're loved very much and have no idea of what it's like to be on the receiving end of abuse.

You make it sound virtuous to abuse people because you are nice to your dogs. Some people would say you have your priorities pretty screwed up.

#158 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

You say virtuous, I say you're just throwing poo against the wall at this point

#159 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I like Person as a person (lol), but when it comes to insider information he has none.

He told me last year resigning Shockey was their biggest priority and they didn't even offer him the vet minimum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.