Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

According to Person we're keeping Williams...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ok so you would rather create 18 million in room over 3 years and lose him immediately than creating MORE ROOM (21 million) over that same time span all while getting more year out of him.

I'd rather not have Nakamura's on the roster just so we have the luxury of only giving a VERY expensive RB 8 carries a game.

If you want to keep all these RBs....don't complain when this years version of Nakamura cost us time after time.

#47 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

bunch of dummies on here

#48 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Who said Williams role is gonna stay the same next year? Chud is gone, we are gonna run the ball more with our RBs. You cant determine the future off the past.

#49 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

You keep your strengths a strength

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm just wondering what sacrifices have to be made to keep double trouble together? who are we going to have to cut and where are we going to get the cap space to pay for them?

where are we going to be weak because we are so intent on keeping an underutilized, unnecessary, and easily replaceable couple of players?

if we sacrifice other areas to keep double trouble together, then hurney shouldn't have been fired and gettleman is no upgrade. how gettleman handles this will be the best indicator of what to expect. is this feanchise going forward or are we doomed to repeat the futility of the past? that's what we'll find out.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

to the detriment of the rest of the team? hurney football management 101.

you want to keep a team from being great? you sacrifice the overall improvement of your team to "keep your strengths strong". i uses to by that crap until i saw the overall impact of carrying that out when you put blinders on like we have, ignoring the needs that exist elsewhere and not realizing just how easy it would be to replace that production.

#52 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Quick .....name 4 teams whose RBs had less production than Carolina's during the Rivera era time span.

We are paying for A yet asking for C.

Strength of our rush attack has been Newton.

We pay for A at RB yet ask for C of them.....then are forced to have backup caliber players start all over the roster. Silly....and that is why no other team entertains such

#53 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Who said Williams role is gonna stay the same next year? Chud is gone, we are gonna run the ball more with our RBs. You cant determine the future off the past.

i don't care how much williams role is going to change, it doesn't take away from the reality that we have way too much money invested in two very replaceable players and that keeping them at anything close to what they are currently making makes this team unbalanced. if we run more because we have more invested in the run game then we should expect us to remain as unbalanced as we ever were with fox and with just as much success.

#54 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Are we trading Newton? Are we trading Stewart and Tolbert as well?

Only way for him to earn his check is for us to be a running team and for him to get 20ish carries a game....which isn't going to happen.

#55 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Good, now fix the offensive line.

#56 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

#57 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Some of you guys act like rationale minds like myself are suggesting keeping him at all cost.

Read what I have already stated with some objectivity and you will realize that I am looking out for the best interest of the team not only in 2013 but beyond.

If we still don't see eye to eye after that then we will have to agree to disagre.

#58 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm just wondering what sacrifices have to be made to keep double trouble together? who are we going to have to cut and where are we going to get the cap space to pay for them?

where are we going to be weak because we are so intent on keeping an underutilized, unnecessary, and easily replaceable couple of players?

if we sacrifice other areas to keep double trouble together, then hurney shouldn't have been fired and gettleman is no upgrade. how gettleman handles this will be the best indicator of what to expect. is this feanchise going forward or are we doomed to repeat the futility of the past? that's what we'll find out.

Hurney created this mess. If you are expecting the cap/contract situation to be corrected in one season you are dreaming. It's a bit premature to make assumptions and send Gettleman to the guillotine. It's only February dude.

#59 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hurney created this mess. If you are expecting the cap/contract situation to be corrected in one season you are dreaming. It's a bit premature to make assumptions and send Gettleman to the guillotine. It's only February dude.

Can't be fixed in a year....true

But to fix it he will have to start addressing some of the many Hurney issues....and he has yet to dip is toe in that pool of water.

If he doesn't do anything but get rid of Gamble this year....I think JR made a weak hire as Hurney would have made that one move and kept the rest as is

#60 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Knee Jerk mind: Cut that bastard right now, he's not worth the cap hit because running backs arent worth big money!!!

Rationale Mind: I agree he's not worth the cap hit but its not just as simple as getting a full refund on the cap hit by cutting him.

Knee Jerk mind: You fuggin idiot running backs are not worth big money cut him now!!!

Rational mind: Again I agree he's not worth his cap hit. However cutting him only prolongs the problem and hampers our ability(spending money against the cap) in 2014 and the minimal savings we get this year is not enough to offset that hit when we can just keep him 1 more year and get everything we can out of him.

Knee Jerk Mind: You are soo dumb.We are paying too much money for 3 running backs, we can't utilize them all so why keep him you dumbass???

Rationale Mind:Okay heres the math. Save 21 million over 3 years by keeping him, even if he rides the pine the entire year. Anything else we get out him is an added bonus! Conversely cutting him now only saves us 18 million over the next 3 years.

Knee jerk mind: Why can't you understand he's not worth the money, he has to go right now, no better yet YESTERDAY!!!

Rationale Mind:Nice talking to you, goodbye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com