Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just spent the last hour calculating how many people are in hell according to establishment christian theology

124 posts in this topic

Posted

You're going to hell Philly ;)

Posted

How many went the other way?

Posted

You must be really really bored. :)

Posted

I don't know, man... Everyone knows John 3:16. Doesn't it say something about not perishing? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention eternal torment. Im pretty sure there's something in ecclestiastes about non-Christian souls dying and being forgotten.

Posted

evangelical christianity is all about weilding wailing and gnashing of teeth in the fires of gehenna if you don't follow whatever the current understanding of the salvation process is. it underpins it i'd say, despite more recent attempts to sweep it under the rug and only admit it as a foundational doctrine if someone presses

Posted

Not every Christian is a southern Baptist or Catholic. But cool broad brush, bro.

Posted

Now calculate how many people I've told to go to hell....

pssst its more

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah there is a wee bit of southern baptisty type going on. the church i have gone to for close to 20 yrs now has not once gone into hellfire and damnation mode.

God's love, redemption, forgiveness is a much better carrot.

Posted

can we volunteer a couple of huddlers to go to hell to confirm your calculations Philly?

Posted

most evangelical churches don't go the fire-and-brimstone route anymore, but it's still a foundational church doctrine.

Posted

Do you think hell is in operation at this point or saved for the future?

Posted

beats me. guys like rob bell suggest its metaphorical rather than literal. i think spong says the same thing