Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

I just spent the last hour calculating how many people are in hell according to establishment christian theology

124 posts in this topic

Making light of Chritianity is not for some, an earnest inquiry. You said yourself that there was not much to discuss.

If however you mask a more pertinent inquiry by the excercise this afternoon, then maybe a conversation can be had.

Signed, the Artful Dodger

who's making light of it? 57B ppl in hell is pretty dark. it raises a lot of serious theological implications. i'm sure you can see that

I don't know, man... Everyone knows John 3:16. Doesn't it say something about not perishing? I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention eternal torment. Im pretty sure there's something in ecclestiastes about non-Christian souls dying and being forgotten.

evangelical christianity is all about weilding wailing and gnashing of teeth in the fires of gehenna if you don't follow whatever the current understanding of the salvation process is. it underpins it i'd say, despite more recent attempts to sweep it under the rug and only admit it as a foundational doctrine if someone presses

Not every Christian is a southern Baptist or Catholic. But cool broad brush, bro.

Now calculate how many people I've told to go to hell....

pssst its more

1 person likes this

yeah there is a wee bit of southern baptisty type going on. the church i have gone to for close to 20 yrs now has not once gone into hellfire and damnation mode.

God's love, redemption, forgiveness is a much better carrot.